Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM

92 posts, read 145,845 times

Advertisements

That's stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
I don't care if he won't win, I want to vote for him as a big FU to the republican party, who keep picking RINOs. Ron Paul is the only real republican. I figure if a lot of us vote for him, there's a big chunk voted for him, then at least we'd send the message to the republicans to shape up
And a very idiotic way to send a "big FU" -- it'll have as much impact as a vote for a Democrat, nothing! You have to understand that the GOP is not what it used to be and is a sinking ship full of theocrats. Why not go Libertarian and vote for Gary Johnson instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Why vote for a guy who is not even running?

Might as well vote for Big Bird.

Don't vote at all actually, just stay home that day. You're why the founding fathers limited voting to a certain class and I'm not sure they were wrong.
Or you can take this advice. You and Bible thumpers shouldn't be allowed to vote, but alas it's a "free country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lame_excuse View Post
That's stupid.

And a very idiotic way to send a "big FU" -- it'll have as much impact as a vote for a Democrat, nothing! You have to understand that the GOP is not what it used to be and is a sinking ship full of theocrats. Why not go Libertarian and vote for Gary Johnson instead?

."
Bull ****, I get so damned tired of this crap from Republicans and Democrats "might as well vote for the other guy"

A lot of people who vote democratic, would like to vote for Paul as well.

How about letting people vote for someone, if your candidate is so damned weak that they can't beat a bad President, then its time for your party to get a wake up call. Same thing for Democrats, if Romney is so bad, and so weak and Obama still can't beat him, then vote for someone else.

I applaude people voting for a President, not against the other guy.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bull ****, I get so damned tired of this crap from Republicans and Democrats "might as well vote for the other guy"

A lot of people who vote democratic, would like to vote for Paul as well.

How about letting people vote for someone, if your candidate is so damned weak that they can't beat a bad President, then its time for your party to get a wake up call. Same thing for Democrats, if Romney is so bad, and so weak and Obama still can't beat him, then vote for someone else.

I applaude people voting for a President, not against the other guy.

I cut that voting for the lesser of two evils s*** out a long time ago!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I cut that voting for the lesser of two evils s*** out a long time ago!
I'll be honest, I did it in the 2008 election because Palin was such an idiot. I voted for the lesser of two evils. Before that I had always voted for an independent or a libertarian.

I'm not voting for Romney or Obama, they are both bad news IMO. But it burns my ass to no end when someone says "might as well vote for a Democrat/Republican" then, the reality is that is not true. You are voting for a third party or independent.

I'd much rather people vote for someone. Most Democrats I talk to want a better President other then Obama, and most Republicans I talk to don't like Romney either.

So why the hell vote for either?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'll be honest, I did it in the 2008 election because Palin was such an idiot. I voted for the lesser of two evils. Before that I had always voted for an independent or a libertarian.

I'm not voting for Romney or Obama, they are both bad news IMO. But it burns my ass to no end when someone says "might as well vote for a Democrat/Republican" then, the reality is that is not true. You are voting for a third party or independent.

I'd much rather people vote for someone. Most Democrats I talk to want a better President other then Obama, and most Republicans I talk to don't like Romney either.

So why the hell vote for either?

Exactly. And that is so wrong with this country! Most of us have been conditioned by the media on who to vote for. Whatever happened to using your own damn brain, doing the research, and formulating your decision that way? And like you, I am not voting for just another empty suit either!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
I don't care if he won't win, I want to vote for him as a big FU to the republican party, who keep picking RINOs. Ron Paul is the only real republican. I figure if a lot of us vote for him, there's a big chunk voted for him, then at least we'd send the message to the republicans to shape up
Here is info on write-ins.
Planning a possible write-in?

For NJ
quote:
There is no form or procedure needed to qualify to be a write-in candidate for President. Any voter can write-in a candidate's name. Write-in votes will only be tabulated if there are enough of them to contest the election.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Perhaps not likely, but if people voted for those other than whom the media says to pick from, it would send a message that people are not falling for the same old divide and conquer and the lesser evil games.

It is clear to me, and should be to most American's that both and Obama and Romney will not be serving the best interests of the American People, but the Masters that own them.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Top Contributors to Obama
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
General Electric $529,855
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets

Top Contributors to Romney
Goldman Sachs $891,140
Bank of America $668,139
JPMorgan Chase & Co $663,219
Morgan Stanley $649,847
Credit Suisse Group $554,066
Citigroup Inc $418,263
Wells Fargo $414,750
Barclays $403,800
General Electric $214,450

With Romney as the next selected president, it will be 4 more years of the same BS
Pretty much. Don't forget the govt is controlling shareholder of those corps and that they control 80% of global wealth.

Neither one of these 2 CEOs is going to radically change life for joe taxpayer in a positive way imo.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
The question was answered in post #2.

Mods, shut it down. We wouldn't want to have any actual discussion or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies