Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,370 times

Advertisements

The OP really needs to do some research on the facts behind the backlog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,718,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post

Going on the linked story....

Quote:
When Obama took office, there were approximately 390,000 outstanding claims, of which only 22 percent had been pending for more than 180 days.

That number had been falling during the second George W. Bush administration, despite the military being heavily engaged in two wars. At the beginning of Bush’s second term, the VA had about 480,000 outstanding claims, with only 21 percent backlogged for more than 180 days.

That number fell by almost 100,000 claims by the time Obama took office

Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
And those would be?

Quote:
Clearly you are unaware that claims skyrocketed in 2010 after the rules made it easier to apply for compensation
Really, well please provide some links for before and after?

I really think you have no clue what you are talking about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I made my initial claim for a service related injury, Agent Orange exposure and Type 2 diabetes) two weeks ago last Friday.

I was told to expect one year. Lucky I don't need the money or service from the VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
My claim for adjustment was made in january. Still awaiting an answer.
It's been over a year for me....

nicet4 and Darkatt, do you know about this site:

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefi...enefits.portal

You can do most everything here, include follow your claim.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Really, well please provide some links for before and after?

I really think you have no clue what you are talking about....

Processing of Retroactive Agent Orange Claims Nearly Complete - Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

Info is all there.

Reference to 2010 rule change.

Reference to new Agent Orange claims.

Have a read for yourself.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Processing of Retroactive Agent Orange Claims Nearly Complete - Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

Info is all there.

Reference to 2010 rule change.

Reference to new Agent Orange claims.

Have a read for yourself.
That's awesome, however, as you can see below, you stated claims (means ALL CLAIMS) skyrocketed after it was easier to apply for compensation, so again, I ask, what rules for compensation have been made easier, other than Agent Orange, that you cherry picked....which BTW is awesome for all of those who were serving during that time period...

Quote:
Clearly you are unaware that claims skyrocketed in 2010 after the rules made it easier to apply for compensation
I still stand by my post, you have no idea what you are talking about....and clearly nothing to back up what you stated....

Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's awesome, however, as you can see below, you stated claims (means ALL CLAIMS) skyrocketed after it was easier to apply for compensation, so again, I ask, what rules for compensation have been made easier, other than Agent Orange, that you cherry picked....which BTW is awesome for all of those who were serving during that time period...

I still stand by my post, you have no idea what you are talking about....and clearly nothing to back up what you stated....
And I stand by mine.

Rules Change for Vets' PTSD Benefits | PBS NewsHour | July 12, 2010 | PBS

Re: Relaxation of rules for PTSD. In addition to the earlier reference from the Department Of Veterans Affairs regarding Agent Orange.

You can blather all you like but claims went up and you know it.

Edit: You can surely bet on more even more delays if this country gets sucked into even more wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies