Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,422,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Would be nice if I WAS responding to THIS thread. Originally I responded to another thread that somehow got merged with this one. Don't know why..........
Numerous almost identical threads are popping up like daisies around here.....same topic, same links, same thread starters, just slightly different wording in the thread title. Election time this year seems especially brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,051,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The above is personal and it is offensive.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP. PROVE YOUR ACCUSATION. Find one post, just one will do, where I have made the claim that I am a "legal wiz"...or legal "expert" and post it.............You are the one here making claims about your superior "legal knowledge"...not me. I am so ignorant in the legal field that people actually pay me fairly well for doing the work I do. In fact, I'm so bad that I am self-employed and actually have contracts for lots of work. Actually, I'm so very ignorant and such a "loser" in the legal field that I've even supported my self very well doing this work for over 15 years.

So, either put up a link to any such claim of "legal wiz" or expert that I have made or stop harping on your made up claim.
So are you a legal whiz or not?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

I've yet to see one - ONE - poster agree with you.

Let's see :
You: joined April 2012, 6-1/2 months 3,736 posts.
Me: joined August 2011, 13-1/3 months 2,921 posts.

You may want to find other ways to entertain yourself.

BTW, you are very entertaining - in a strange sort of way.
So what? You see this as a popularity contest?

So now you're copying and pasting my "statistics"....HOW IS THAT NOT personal? Geeeeezzzzz. Btw, my post count is probably higher than yours because this is entertainment for me and I'm not trying to prove to the world that I know more than anyone else. I don't spend hours doing research for this form of entertainment. Didn't mean to step on YOUR TERRITORY....but then I didn't know it belonged to you.

As far as anyone agreeing with me, seems to me some people have, but I'd have to look through this entire thread to know for sure. However, I am very sure about the rep points I've gotten from posts in this thread, so apparently some people have agreed with me or liked what I said.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So are you a legal whiz or not?

I would not be so arrogant as to call myself a legal whiz. I've had a number of years of training and experience in the legal field in two different capacities. I earn my living by doing legal work, and I'm self-employed so I don't get paid to kill time. I've' had a lot of courtroom experience. No, I'm not a legal whiz.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,873,672 times
It's hard to belive how many are posting here that this was about a lack of funding. Obviously those people DID NOT even watch the hearings. They would rather take Madcow at her word. Some are good at hiding from reality.

I wonder if History will read that for the first time in history a presidentail candidate was at fault for a terrorist attack. I guess even the libs realize they can't blame this one on Bush.

Apparently a very entertaining thread for some. Obviously they don't have family that could be affected by the gross incompetence. People are just numbers.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why was the Ambassador in Benghazi?

Because he was appointed to the post by Obama?

Who knew the most about the security in Benghazi?

Those who where there?

Who had been in the area since before the Revolution was complete?

The compound consisted of villas - homes. They were probably vacated during the revolution.

Who was an expert on the area and spoke Arabic?

Probably the Libyans they were working with? Don't embassies have translators?.

Who decided on the security level needed on this trip?

The final decision regarding security fell to Charlene Lamb, who testified at the Congressional hearing today.

He was wrong and paid a steep price...but it was his decision.

He was a diplomat who put his faith in the US that they would do what was necessary to protect him. Maybe he was wrong - to put his faith in this administration to do the right thing.

Anything else you need to know?

Talk about getting in touch with reality.
Well, actually it seems that you gave incorrect answers to most of those above questions. Seems you may not know much about Stevens background. He slipped into Benghazi on a ship just as the revolution started. He was there to work on his own. He was not relying on the U.S. to protect him. He was a very brave man, doing what he thought was right.

Are you aware that Stevens made the decision to make the trip to Benghazi at that time himself.....to go the consular office there? The Embassy is located in Tripoli which is where Stevens was stationed. Stevens was not REQUIRED to go to Benghazi on that particular date. It was his choice to go.

The level of security for THAT PARTICULAR TRIP to Benghazi was not made by Lamb. Stevens made the decision to go, he knew the terriroty, and he determined what level of security he needed.

Stevens was an expert on the area and HE SPOKE ARABIC. You didn't know that?

The question was: "Who had been in the area since BEFORE the Revolution was complete"? ANSWER: Chris Stevens. You didn't know that?

"During the early days of the Libyans' fight to overthrow Moammar Gadhafi, Christopher Stevens wrangled a ride on a Greek cargo ship and sailed into the rebels' stronghold city of Benghazi.

In an August blog post, Draper said the ambassador was "legendary" in Libya because he stayed in the country through the revolution, "liaising with the rebels and leading a skeleton crew of Americans on the ground to support humanitarian efforts and meeting up-and-coming political leaders."

Diplomat Chris Stevens Slipped Into Libya on a Cargo Ship During Revolution - ABC News

Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM

"In an August blog post, Draper said the ambassador was "legendary" in Libya because he stayed in the country through the revolution, "liaising with the rebels and leading a skeleton crew of Americans on the ground to support humanitarian efforts and meeting up-and-coming political leaders."

So his big mistake was trusting the terrorists like Obama and Hillary?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,512,431 times
If anyone has given aid and comfort to the terrorists .. its the extremists in the GOP ... and those who infest City-Data. The GOP cut about $500 million from the Obama administration's plea for increased embassy/consulate security. The blood of the deaths is on their/your hands. America. Love it or leave it.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Why was the Ambassador in Benghazi?

Because he was appointed to the post by Obama?

He was not based in Benghazi. He rtesided in Tripoli. Any visit to Benghazi was on his own dime.

Who knew the most about the security in Benghazi?

Those who where there?

The Ambassador who owned Security in Benghazi...though he resided in Tripoli.

Who had been in the area since before the Revolution was complete?

The compound consisted of villas - homes. They were probably vacated during the revolution.

The Ambassador.

Who was an expert on the area and spoke Arabic?

Probably the Libyans they were working with? Don't embassies have translators?.

The Ambassador

Who decided on the security level needed on this trip?

The final decision regarding security fell to Charlene Lamb, who testified at the Congressional hearing today.

The Ambassador. He went only where he chose to go.

He was wrong and paid a steep price...but it was his decision.

He was a diplomat who put his faith in the US that they would do what was necessary to protect him. Maybe he was wrong - to put his faith in this administration to do the right thing.

Anything else you need to know?

Talk about getting in touch with reality.
He was the decision maker in all of this. He knew the area. He spoke Arabic. He chose, with full knowledge to go to Benghazi.

It is amazing people would care so much about this topic without ever learning the basics.[/quote]

Indeed! You would think that they would have at least learned a little bit more about Ambassador Stevens.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
If anyone has given aid and comfort to the terrorists .. its the extremists in the GOP ... and those who infest City-Data. The GOP cut about $500 million from the Obama administration's plea for increased embassy/consulate security. The blood of the deaths is on their/your hands. America. Love it or leave it.
All out in defense of dear leader are we? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies