Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"In an August blog post, Draper said the ambassador was "legendary" in Libya because he stayed in the country through the revolution, "liaising with the rebels and leading a skeleton crew of Americans on the ground to support humanitarian efforts and meeting up-and-coming political leaders."

So his big mistake was trusting the terrorists like Obama and Hillary?
I don't know how you get that he trusted the terrorists from the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I don't know how you get that he trusted the terrorists from the above.
The "rebels" were in fact terrorists. Many guys who had been fighting our troops in Iraq and Afghan. They were hired by Hillary to overthrow momar with a little help from NATO. Now that comes back to bite em in the butt and they toss out the movie nonsense to try and cover. You can't trust these guys they would just as soon cut your throat as look at you. We are all infidels in their eyes. Little money on the side doesn't hurt either. They gotta buy their drugs too. Hillary and Obama and the whole lot were played like fiddles by these guys.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
The "rebels" were in fact terrorists. Many guys who had been fighting our troops in Iraq and Afghan. They were hired by Hillary to overthrow momar with a little help from NATO. Now that comes back to bite em in the butt and they toss out the movie nonsense to try and cover. You can't trust these guys they would just as soon cut your throat as look at you. We are all infidels in their eyes. Little money on the side doesn't hurt either. They gotta buy their drugs too. Hillary and Obama and the whole lot were played like fiddles by these guys.
Where did you get this information?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM

What information? That the rebels were in fact jihaders?

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Also I read where the NATO commander said AQ was involved with the uprising. Just pesky little thinks like that.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Quote:
What information? That the rebels were in fact jihaders?

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Also I read where the NATO commander said AQ was involved with the uprising. Just pesky little thinks like that.
I couldn't find in there where it said Hilary hired them.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Never mind. All that money supposedly going to Libya is for humanitarian aid. You keep believing that. Hillary is in direct control of the middle east since we pulled out of Iraq. Her own little merc army and plenty of money to do with as she pleases. You can pretend she is just holding meetings with diplomats all you want as it seems to work for you.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/160870...rcenaries-uae#

Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
We continue to confuse issues. The level of security in Libya is set by the State Department in coordination with the local Ambassador. That however has little to do with the private security of the Ambassador. In that arena the Ambassador is in charge. The degree to which he chooses to expose himself is a matter for the Ambassador and his view of the local scene.

The overall security of the the State Department operations are a matter between the State Dept, the Executive Branch and the Congress. No Ambassador ever feels fully secure. Comes with the job. What is good enough is a matter between the Ambassador, The State Dept, The Executive Brand and the Legislative Branch. And we will never know who is correct.

The disagreements between State, Executive and Legislative have little to do with the Death of Ambassador Stevens. He choose the level of risk he would take with full knowledge and was unfortunately surprised.

None of this has anything to do with what the government or state department chose to release in describing what happened. There was more than enough information early on to establish it as a terrorist attack. The decision not to acknowledge this may have occurred for a number of reason none of which will be admitted to.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
The above is personal and it is offensive.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP. PROVE YOUR ACCUSATION. Find one post, just one will do, where I have made the claim that I am a "legal wiz"...or legal "expert" and post it.............You are the one here making claims about your superior "legal knowledge"...not me. I am so ignorant in the legal field that people actually pay me fairly well for doing the work I do. In fact, I'm so bad that I am self-employed and actually have contracts for lots of work. Actually, I'm so very ignorant and such a "loser" in the legal field that I've even supported my self very well doing this work for over 15 years.

So, either put up a link to any such claim of "legal wiz" or expert that I have made or stop harping on your made up claim.

Calm down.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
So what? You see this as a popularity contest?

So now you're copying and pasting my "statistics"....HOW IS THAT NOT personal? Geeeeezzzzz. Btw, my post count is probably higher than yours because this is entertainment for me and I'm not trying to prove to the world that I know more than anyone else. I don't spend hours doing research for this form of entertainment. Didn't mean to step on YOUR TERRITORY....but then I didn't know it belonged to you.

As far as anyone agreeing with me, seems to me some people have, but I'd have to look through this entire thread to know for sure. However, I am very sure about the rep points I've gotten from posts in this thread, so apparently some people have agreed with me or liked what I said.
Errrr, your join date and number of posts are public!!!! You get your knickers in a twist that I published "personal" info and then you go on and vomit your own personal info, which is not impressive I might add. Be careful, too much patting on one's own back can cause one to dislocate their shoulder.

You ask if this is a popularity contest then talk about all your "reps"??? It appears that I have more snot than you do.

I think...................I think...................I'm going to take................this personal...............and............and......... ............

Now...................back on topic..........................

Seems the Obama/media honeymoon is over. It took something of this magnitude for the media to realize what many people have known about this inept administration. O has lost his public defenders.

Last edited by softblueyz; 10-11-2012 at 03:14 AM..

Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Well, actually it seems that you gave incorrect answers to most of those above questions. Seems you may not know much about Stevens background. He slipped into Benghazi on a ship just as the revolution started. He was there to work on his own. He was not relying on the U.S. to protect him. He was a very brave man, doing what he thought was right.

Are you aware that Stevens made the decision to make the trip to Benghazi at that time himself.....to go the consular office there? The Embassy is located in Tripoli which is where Stevens was stationed. Stevens was not REQUIRED to go to Benghazi on that particular date. It was his choice to go.

The level of security for THAT PARTICULAR TRIP to Benghazi was not made by Lamb. Stevens made the decision to go, he knew the terriroty, and he determined what level of security he needed.

Stevens was an expert on the area and HE SPOKE ARABIC. You didn't know that?

The question was: "Who had been in the area since BEFORE the Revolution was complete"? ANSWER: Chris Stevens. You didn't know that?

"During the early days of the Libyans' fight to overthrow Moammar Gadhafi, Christopher Stevens wrangled a ride on a Greek cargo ship and sailed into the rebels' stronghold city of Benghazi.

In an August blog post, Draper said the ambassador was "legendary" in Libya because he stayed in the country through the revolution, "liaising with the rebels and leading a skeleton crew of Americans on the ground to support humanitarian efforts and meeting up-and-coming political leaders."

Diplomat Chris Stevens Slipped Into Libya on a Cargo Ship During Revolution - ABC News
Well it appears that someone did some research!!!! Good on you!!! Except: He did not appoint himself as Ambassador to Libya. He was officially appointed by Obama in January 2012. As for his security, he relied on his security advisors and apparently he had tremendous faith in their decisions and suggestions as it was stated that he was cooperative with them and apparently didn't questions their knowledge regarding security because that was their area of expertise.

Last edited by softblueyz; 10-11-2012 at 03:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies