Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No, most of my nieces and nephews are good workers and have jobs. I have 2 though who have bought into obama's lifestyle for our young. I am wondering how many others on here have followed suit?
So why aren't you giving Obama credit for those hard working nieces and nephews with jobs???????

?????????

Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I never heard the expression "picker." I thought maybe she took up the banjo.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:08 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times
Quote:
All I know is she calls her mother and cries about her sucky life. Working made her feel better and not so depressed.

Most depression is the result of people having too much time doing nothing. Abraham Lincoln had depression, didnt take meds, worked a job and accomplished more than 99.9 percent of people in the history of the World. Americans consume 80 percent of the worlds depression medication. Sad...

Old 10-13-2012, 03:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Or maybe she picks on those whose lifestyle she doesn't approve of......

Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
You've never seen the TV show American Pickers on the History channel? Pretty entertaining show, I'm sure it's convinced many people there is easy money in searching through other peoples junk.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Not a fan of HGTV or the History channel? Programs like Flea Market, Auction King, Restoration, Storage Wars, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Auction Hunters would open up a whole new world to you.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job.
Sad, makes the future of America look bleak.

Quote:
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship.”
Alexander Fraser Tyler, “The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic”

Old 10-13-2012, 03:17 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Not a fan of HGTV or the History channel? Programs like Flea Market, Auction King, Restoration, Storage Wars, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Auction Hunters would open up a whole new world to you.

Americans are a lazy and short term thinking bunch. Thats why all those shows that give the perception of quick easy money are extremely popular. World Series of Poker, House flipping shows, pawn stars, and Pickers show will always resonate with the masses.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.
Sounds as if there is a lack of values and belief in hard work that you and YOUR family forgot to instill. Yet you are trying to place the blame elsewhere. Accept the responsiblity for not being a good role model and stop trying to place the blame elsewhere.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:20 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.
What does your niece being a loser have to do with everyone else under thirty? That's a problem with your family, and not an entire generation. I have a ton of nieces and nephews who are under thirty, and there isn't a single one who isn't busting their backside and doing well for themselves. My oldest son is in college and the rest are in high school, but I can't imagine them mooching off anyone. All of my kids have part time jobs--even the youngest--because they WANT to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies