Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 AM

27,271 posts, read 15,429,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
People like you keep bringing up that 30% that Romney gives but when asked none of you can ever furnish a list of the charities he supports. IF the lion's share of that 30% goes to his church then I, for one, don't call that true charitable giving because a lot of that money would be going to recruitment to bring others into the church and/or to building funds or political donations.

I know you've already heard this but obviously you need to hear it again. Obama's half-brother was never part of his extended family and they'd only met once in their lives. Do you help relatives you'd barely recognize if you saw them walking down the street?

To answer you question: the definition of 'liberal' hasn't changed since JFK's famous speech.... “…if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - September 14, 1960

John F. Kennedy’s Definition of “Liberal”, JFK’s Acceptance Speech of the New York Liberal Party Nomination

Yet it took the Republicans to pass the Civil Rights Act for the Democrats would not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies