Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,753,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
It's simple logic, and Clinton put it perfectly.

Romney's message is that we left you a mess, and Obama hasn't cleaned it up yet, so put us back in charge, the same party that caused the mess in the first place, with the exact same policies!
I have to laugh everytime I see these type of posts, it is funny that Clinton and Obama wants to blame bush for the current economic situation, but Bush was less a cause of the failure then Clinton was, and Obama was a problem with making the situation worse.

Fact of the matter is that Clinton repealed the glass steagal act, allowing commercial banks to get involved with securities, allowing banks to guarantee securities and also allowing them to be put in a position that forced them to pay for many of the loans that went bad when the housing bubble burst. He also passed the homeowner protection act, which made it illegal for the banks to force borrowers to have mortgage insurance once they owed less then 80%.

Obama was the signer on Dodd frank which has severely limited banks in the ability to loan money to potential home owners. Is constantly talking about going after people who make $250,000 and all capital gains, passed Obamacare which also adds to the costs of employers but increased taxes on everybody, and has left the business and lending community in a state of fear.

Fact is like Clinton, Bush pushed homeownership cramming the idea that everybody should own homes down the publics throat. He along with Barney Frank ignored the warnings that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in trouble, and refused to do anything about the coming credit crises until it was too late. but he was far from the sole reason for the collapse or the continued problems in the market place.

Another thing I love is this idea that the economy was in great shape when Bush took office, the United States was in a recession when Bush took office, the tech bubble was already collapsing, Enron and Worldcom had already been filling their false reports and stealing money from the public. 9/11 made it that much worse. Bush did fine in all parts of the economy except controlling the housing crises and bailing out all the big banks and businesses after they had almost a decade of being out of control.

Personally my problems with Bush is that he refused to put controls what were obviously out of control government programs (ie Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac), government spending went from bad to worse while he was in office, the patriot act as well as the government bailouts, and he did not force the SEC to actually protect investors and enforce the laws on the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When did he say he "hates" Obama? I'm sure he disagrees with much of Obama's political beliefs and policies (as do I), but that is not "hate."
Y'all don't need to. But, thanks for being yet another inspiration for a sample to this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It's not an illegal war and Bush didn't lie about it and he didn't "manipulate" anything. He was facing reality (terrorists do exist and they do attack.) Wiretapping was going on long before Bush was President and Congress approved the Patriot Act. Would that be the terrorist attack which was being planned for 5 years... most of it before Bush was President?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:23 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
62 million people voted for GWB in 2004, so I'm sure many people on here supported him at the time. There must be some shame associated with their action, because I don't see anyone defending him now.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,753,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Y'all don't need to. But, thanks for being yet another inspiration for a sample to this thread...

it is funny how so many call the war an illegal war, yet the current vice president voted for both of them, and Obama would have, but he did not want that on his record as he had bigger plans then that.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,341,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
62 million people voted for GWB in 2004, so I'm sure many people on here supported him at the time. There must be some shame associated with their action, because I don't see anyone defending him now.
I'll defend him because he is certainly better than the current president.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,963,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

If I had voted for Obama I would certainly be ashamed of that.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
What does that older post have to do with the more recent post I made???

Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If I had voted for Obama I would certainly be ashamed of that.
Me, too. But I have more sense than that!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
The thread may be more meaningful, however, if it asked: Do you hate Obama more than you loved Bush?
who says i hate obama, or love bush? i cant say if i like either of them as i have NEVER met them in person. i dont like obamas policies, and i didnt like some of bushs policies.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
When people criticize obama, Liberals seem to be quick to bring up Bush and his failures. I often wonder what is trying to be accomplished by this except to deflect from obama's failures. It has become very comical to me, because I just don't see the Conservatives loving on Bush. I am a registered Independent and did not really get into following politics until a couple of years ago. But, since I am fairly new to this type of message board format, I wonder where these Bush lovers are? Do they even exist? Or are Liberals just wasting their time bringing up a past president? obama lover's seem to fight for his honor no matter what horrible thing he does, but I have yet to see this undying affection from the GOP. Who are these people that the Libs think defend anything bad that Bush did and why do they think that anything Bush did is an arguement FOR obama? Maybe they both just suck.
Please explain the differences between Bush and Romney. Romney is just Bush 2.0. Do you understand now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies