Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
gee, i dont remember saying that.

im just curious, do you consider yourself to be an intelligent person?
Then state what you mean rather than making implications. What exactly does Scotland's disproportionate number of Caucasians have to do with murder rates?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,625 times
Quote:
gee, i dont remember saying that.

im just curious, do you consider yourself to be an intelligent person?
And your purpose in pointing out that Scotland is 98% white was....???

Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
A quick google tells me that the US murder rate per capita is more than twice what it is in Scotland, where guns are illegal. So I can eat my haggis in safety.
So, let me get this straight, in Scotland guns are illegal but you still have murder by guns?

I never would have thunk it....

Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Then state what you mean rather than making implications. What exactly does Scotland's disproportionate number of Caucasians have to do with murder rates?
just that maybe there are factors that are more significant than gun ownership when it comes to murder rates. its not that hard to get a gun where i live, yet im not aware of any murders in my town. its pretty difficult to get one in dc, but lots of murders.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
And your purpose in pointing out that Scotland is 98% white was....???
oh, clearly i was pointing out that no white person has never murdered anybody.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
just that maybe there are factors that are more significant than gun ownership when it comes to murder rates. its not that hard to get a gun where i live, yet im not aware of any murders in my town. its pretty difficult to get one in dc, but lots of murders.
You did not explain what being white has to do with it.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, let me get this straight, in Scotland guns are illegal but you still have murder by guns?

I never would have thunk it....
You're putting words in my mouth. Where did I say there were murders committed in Scotland with guns?

Umm..I know it's complicated but it is possible to commit murder without a gun. But very difficult to commit American-style mass murders without one.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where there are more guns there is more homicide (literature review).

Homicide - Firearms Research - Harvard Injury Control Research Center - Harvard School of Public Health
This Harvard study found just the opposite more guns in european countries translates to a lower murder rate.
Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive | The American Civil Rights Union

Also for all the hype on how this only occurs in the US, you may want to read this link,
BBC News - Cumbria shooting rampage suspect's 'body found'

Funny I thought if guns laws were some of the most restrictive in the world something like this would not happen.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
You did not explain what being white has to do with it.
im not really sure, but maybe there is a relationship. ill let you draw your own brilliant conclusion.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly, the liberals demanded and won civil rights for mental patents. The anti-tax Republicans used that as an excuse to shut down the mental hospitals. That was not what the liberals were demanding. Blaming liberals for it is crazy. It was just more anti-tax government spending cuts that shut down the mental hospitals. And it backfired badly. Most of those former mental patents, are now in the revolving through the prison system. Which costs tax payers just as much money to house them in prisons, as if they were in mental institutions.

Now take all of these mentally ill people walking the streets, which is like gasoline. Add to that, the easy availability of guns which is like the match, and you have the very volatile situation we have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies