Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the definition of marriage?
A natural union of one man and one woman for purposes of procreation and mutual help. 29 20.42%
. A natural union of one man and one woman for purposes of recreational sex. 1 0.70%
. A religious union of one man and one woman for purposes determined by the religion of the spouses. 9 6.34%
Either A, or C, or both. 11 7.75%
A legal union of one man and one woman established for the good of society. 3 2.11%
A legal union of two consenting adults, of any sex, established for any purpose. 54 38.03%
A legal union of two or more consenting adults, of any sex, established for any purpose. 22 15.49%
Whatever the majority of voters in a true democracy decide that it is at any given time. 1 0.70%
Whatever the law decrees that it is at any given time. 12 8.45%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
(A) Is God's definition of marrage. I will take God's definition and not a definition from a currupt, politically correct government. So, to all of you who have voted otherwise, I hope you enjoy your married life in Hell. I'm sure you will have a very hot, burning sex life.
Show us where God called the arrangement marriage in the original scriptures? The problem with you gay haters is you are so oblivious to the fact that the Bible wasn't written in English. Marriage is an English word, and thus the only places in history that actually use marriage are English speaking.

So no, God never defined the word marriage because it doesn't exist in the Tanakh. Which just proves how patently ridiculous it is to claim ownership of an English word.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post
Allow to share a post from another thread I've posted in recently: too many young women using abortion as birth control!

Only in the past 10 years or so has there been a big advocacy push to have "gay marriage" legalized, before that the overwhelming majority of people recognized marriage the way it has always been recognized without any modification. Roe v. Wade happened 40+ years ago and it was primarily focused on abortion in the instance the life of a mother was in jeapordy, since then the prevalence of abortion has far exceeded the SCOTUS mandate to not only be acceptable in society but even encouraged as a means of contraception. What was once about a mother's life has turned into something that devalues human life and has caused immense damange to the fabric of morality in our culture.

I do not doubt that "gay marriage" may be fully legalized in America someday, but be wary of the unintended consequences that may come to pass. Life was devalued to the point to where our younger generations are indifferent to life and believe that death is of no consequence. Extreme violence doesn't bother anyone anymore, except for the initial shock value (when was the last time you thought about the Aurora shooting massacre?). When American soldiers were being killed off 100 at a time every day in Iraq, that became just another statistic. The fact that the emount of soldiers that died in Iraq during the entire war is equivalent to the amount of babies being aborted in the world everyday... well many just don't seem to care.

This current generation has been dumbed down and conditioned to believe that if something is legal it is acceptable and there is a mass push by a small minority to fully legalize "gay marriage" for no reason other than their prideful desires. If "gay marriage" was outlawed tomorrow would the meaning of your life cease to exist?

I believe what I believe but no one has answered this basic question, why is "gay marriage" a necessity in your life?
Why is any marriage important? It is important only to those who are involved in that marriage. They are the only ones effected by their marriage.
If your marriage is "destroyed" by the couple down the street getting married, the problem is within your own marriage and has nothing to do with them.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
It's amazing, isn't it, how much pure joy they take when they fantasize about those who don't share their beliefs experiencing eternal suffering?

That's not just someone who disagrees, that's a profoundly disturbed person completely consumed with hatred.
She's also an illegal alien who admitted committing voter fraud. INS needs to be called.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
No, that's all you want to know.
No, that's what you don't want to know. LOL

Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No that's what you believe and know. The rest of the world are more enlightened than you.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No that's what you believe and know. The rest of the world are more enlightened than you.
Yeah that's what you want to think

Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
I know that sometimes men fall in love with other men, and women fall in love with other women, and that there is no good reason to deny them the same rights that opposite-sex couples have to formalize their relationships.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Yeah that's what you want to think

Nope. that is the truth, something that you are not capable of understanding.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Nope. that is the truth, something that you are not capable of understanding.
Not, keep dreaming, I give a flying z what anyone else thinks, i can think for myself not just follow the fad. Husband and Wife simple really. It will never be voted in, it will be pushed through by the courts, whatever I don't care and it will never change my mind as to what a marriage is, you can force laws upon people but you can't force them to agree with it.

Last edited by Roaddog; 11-01-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM

194 posts, read 297,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why is any marriage important?
Procreation.

Again, why is marriage between two people of the same sex a necessity?

Alternatively, why is marriage between two people of the same sex such a necessity that it needs to be legalized?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies