Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The One can do no wrong. Anything that may make him look like less than perfect must be a racist Republican ploy to discredit the Great Leader.
That appears to be the battle cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
You think you know what all conservatives want or how all conservatives think but you don't. I am heavily against another war in the middle east. What I do want is the following

1. A new media that is fair and balanced and scrutinizes Democrats and Republicans equally. If you think Benghazi is no big deal thats your right, but you wouldn't have given Bush a pass
2. The transparency Obama promised when elected
3. Obama to tell the truth about what happened in Benghazi and something done to keep it from happening again. Either Obama owes America an explanation or some big changes are needed in our national intelligence.
I want what is bolded as well, but you are looking at the wrong place if you are getting your information from Fox. It is not a news organization. They have very few if any investigative reporters. They farm out all of the news sourcing to right wing sources, blogs etc. This is not a news organization. Look it up. Prove me wrong.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 PM

I think the problem with the swooners is you folks are the ones getting your news from Fox. lol

Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
You think you know what all conservatives want or how all conservatives think but you don't.
Pot, meet kettle...

Exhibit A:
Quote:
You liberals didn't try to act like Bush's missteps in Iraq was "no big deal." Learn to accept criticism against your Messiah when its warranted like the situation in Benghazi. You are right that this isn't going to tarnish Obama because the mainstream media will not let that happen and most Americans are so drunk on the Obama kool-aid they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to anything he might do wrong. Those who do care though have the right to be outraged about this.
Yes, you have the right to be outraged - but what's the point of comparing it to a hurricane in our country and happening now? Oh yeah, there is no point other than to badmouth the POTUS.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Of course the storm is terrible, and the destruction all around so hard to have had imagine. And those who have died, i hope rest in peace.

However as Americans, we are a Resilent PEOPLE, who can concentrate on more then one thing at one time. As Americans, we believe in the virture of truth, and what is right and just.

For the sake of those who died a seneselss needless, sad death, of course we must get to the truth, so that these same mistakes don't ever ever happen again. Steven's gave of himself a job he loved, his heart and his soul, and his passion.

And we could not even grant his last request of more security, how utterly sad. The very people he trusted and believed in, failed him and the other 3 Americans, and that is sad.

And of course most people who beleived and grew up believing in truth, and justice, we must find out those who are responsible, and they must be punished, no matter where the path ends.

I don't care who is responsible, no one is above the law, remember that, no one going to save any of your butt's should someone come knocking at your door. Those who were guilty, and knew what was happening and denied the request for security, need to come forward, and stop being wusses.

However that has nothing what so ever to do with the storm, and i hope and pray that everyone who was in the path of the storm, get the help they need really quick, and we are praying for you all.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Of course the storm is terrible, and the destruction all around so hard to have had imagine. And those who have died, i hope rest in peace.

However as Americans, we are a Resilent PEOPLE, who can concentrate on more then one thing at one time. As Americans, we believe in the virture of truth, and what is right and just.

For the sake of those who died a seneselss needless, sad death, of course we must get to the truth, so that these same mistakes don't ever ever happen again. Steven's gave of himself a job he loved, his heart and his soul, and his passion.

And we could not even grant his last request of more security, how utterly sad. The very people he trusted and believed in, failed him and the other 3 Americans, and that is sad.

And of course most people who beleived and grew up believing in truth, and justice, we must find out those who are responsible, and they must be punished, no matter where the path ends.

I don't care who is responsible, no one is above the law, remember that, no one going to save any of your butt's should someone come knocking at your door. Those who were guilty, and knew what was happening and denied the request for security, need to come forward, and stop being wusses.

However that has nothing what so ever to do with the storm, and i hope and pray that everyone who was in the path of the storm, get the help they need really quick, and we are praying for you all.
The father of Stevens said he did not want this to be politicized and that he felt confident that it was being adequately investigated. If you care so much about Stevens, maybe you write Fox and tell them they should honor his father's wishes and quit politicizing their son's death. They have no shame.

Chris Stevens' Death In Libya Shouldn't Be Politicized, Father Says

Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,298,146 times
It's one of the only foreign policy areas that might be construed as a misstep. Republicans have so little to choose from that they have to blow story out of proportion. They have nothing else to talk about.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 PM

Might? Only? You have heard of the arab spring? LOL I could go on but what is the point when someone declares that the ambassador slaying and coverup "might" be a bad thing.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Might? Only? You have heard of the arab spring? LOL I could go on but what is the point when someone declares that the ambassador slaying and coverup "might" be a bad thing.
No matter how many times you and Fox repeat it does not make it true. You are going to need some facts to support a coverup and I have not heard any yet.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 PM

That is because your not looking at anything. There are multiple posts with multiple sources on this very forum that will provide you with the evidence. You instead want to sit around and scream about fox news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies