Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:20 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,578,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldgirl View Post
This isn't an anit-Obama thread. Or at least it wasn't intended to be. The OP just wanted to let people aware of where they can make contributions.

I live in FL, too but I think this storm was unique in how big it was and hit the most densely populated area in the US.
In case you haven't noticed the OP has edited his first line and edited out "Where is Obama"? Then he proceeds to call Obama the "Campaigner in Chief" in his title. Obviously a jab at the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,866,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
In case you haven't noticed the OP has edited his first line and edited out "Where is Obama"? Then he proceeds to call Obama the "Campaigner in Chief" in his title. Obviously a jab at the President.
I'll let the OP respond to the editing. I guess I am just nieve to think that there could be one thread in the election forum were maybe we could all have some common ground. Especially with this natural disaster that has been so destructive.

I am just tried of fighting on this forum. I'll be glad when this election is over.....

Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,754,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is so easy for the news people to stand there doing nothing but run their mouths. I remember another time they did that. I once had a boss that had the most wonderful idea. She said that if you see something that needs to be done, then maybe you should do it. I was not in the habit of telling the boss what I thought someone else needed to do, but those that were learned very fast that if you complained to her about anything, you had just given yourself a new work project.

O. K. CNN. You think those people need help, so how are you going to get this job done?

You know it is funny that is exactly what Romney tried to do, people may disagree with his methods, but collecting and having his buses deliver donations of clothing and food is what he could do, yet the left attacks him.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldgirl View Post
I'll let the OP respond to the editing. I guess I am just nieve to think that there could be one thread in the election forum were maybe we could all have some common ground. Especially with this natural disaster that has been so destructive.

I am just tried of fighting on this forum. I'll be glad when this election is over.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You know it is funny that is exactly what Romney tried to do, people may disagree with his methods, but collecting and having his buses deliver donations of clothing and food is what he could do, yet the left attacks him.
jwiley, you are right. This is exactly what happened with this thread

I originally did start it just as a non-partisan after watching CNN and the lady who wasn't getting any help. Do you know how cold it is up there? Afterward the lefties, one being nick, all they could do is slam and attack. So I gave them what they so badly wanted, an anti-Obama thread.

You see, do the right thing and the lefties still don't get it or appreciate it. They will always accuse, blame, or devalue. They need to stop being so critical and get rid of the chip on their shoulder cause it obviously is heavy. This is just one example of the lefties view of life.

No matter what we do it will never be enough.

Last edited by petch751; 11-02-2012 at 07:24 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 AM

13,513 posts, read 17,052,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
jwiley, you are right. This is exactly what happened with this thread

I originally did start it just as a non-partisan after watching CNN and the lady who wasn't getting any help. Do you know how cold it is up there? Afterward the lefties, one being nick, all they could do is slam and attack. So I gave them what they so badly wanted, an anti-Obama thread.

You see, do the right thing and the lefties still don't get it or appreciate it. They will always accuse, blame, or devalue. What can you do.

The situation in Staten Island is bad but the behavior of right wing media d-bags is worse. Hannity was jumping on this last night trying to blame Obama. I thought the guy couldn't become any more despicable but he's managed to accomplish it.

The woman on CNN is not going to to freeze...it's not 20 degrees at night, it's 42. You sleep with a hat and gloves on if you have to, huddled with your family.

If this is still going on a month from now then you have a life threatening situations.

They will be getting more help soon.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 AM

Staten Island was not getting any help. They could not get anywhere. The temperatures have to be freezing there. CNN went there last night to tell people bring attention to it. The lady was pleading for help for her and Staten Island. CNN did not even make it partisan AND they brought attention to the area. Even CNN was attacked on this thread.

Last edited by petch751; 11-02-2012 at 07:32 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
Look, there's not enough FEMA workers, rescuers, etc. to show up in every neighborhood right after the storm.
They have to prioritize and getting Manhattan back up and running was the first priority.

These people have to band together and start doing on their own until help reaches them.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wait a minute, I though Obama took care of all this? And didn't Mayor Bloomberg? Oh that's right, he's too busy tweeting political endorsements based on climate change when there are 23 million Americans looking for work.
He probably doesn't figure he's going to get enough votes from it. Besides I think he's living it up in Las Vegas - having the time of his life.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The situation in Staten Island is bad but the behavior of right wing media d-bags is worse. Hannity was jumping on this last night trying to blame Obama. I thought the guy couldn't become any more despicable but he's managed to accomplish it.

The woman on CNN is not going to to freeze...it's not 20 degrees at night, it's 42. You sleep with a hat and gloves on if you have to, huddled with your family.

If this is still going on a month from now then you have a life threatening situations.

They will be getting more help soon.
Do you know how miserable that can be? And they are next to water and that cold goes to the bone. On top of losing things, the living conditions are miserable.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Seriously???? Your side was immediately blaming Bush in every way for Katrina -- and you now want to hold Obama completely blameless?

The guy evidently walks on water no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies