Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
"Obama Drop Sweet Talk And Tell GOP "My Way or Highway""

Yea, that will work in a system of checks and balances. Not one single branch is supposed to have total power. He is not a King.
Some conservatives? or, RWNJ's could have fooled us liberals though, they've been referring to Obama as the FUHRER, dictator, and everything else, why they probably really believe that stuff. They listen to drudge or grudge or beck or o'reilly, hannity for hours and hours and become convinced Obama is KING.
It's been going on for 4 years now, I don't see it changing at all, they'll keep up the brainwashing mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Hopefully Obama realizes that he won and they lost. He needs to hold his ground with the Republicans on the fiscal cliff and let them know who the boss is. He needs to tell them the Bush tax cuts will NOT be extended for the rich and, blah blah blah .

they are not the Bush tax cuts, Buh'wack extended them a few years ago, they belong to him. so take your party-line BS back to the trailer park.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The last time the Republicans shut the government down, they paid dearly for it. If they refuse to put the country above Grover Norquist and cause another recession, they will pay even more.
The republicans did not shut anything down! BOTH parties could not agree and therefore nothing got done. Hopefully this will change.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The republicans did not shut anything down! BOTH parties could not agree and therefore nothing got done. Hopefully this will change.
The only way it will change is if the Republicans roll over and make this a one party country. Otherwise, divided we stand, divided we fall. Democrats don't know HOW to compromise or interpret the Constitution. They voted for tyranny, tyranny they shall have.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
But remember "you didn't build that" the BIG government did it for you and Obamaclaus wants to take the credit for that.

Obama got elected = Obama fooled the ones who voted for him and now he gets to play more golf, fly on AF1 and rub shoulders with world leaders while when after 4 years be gone collecting his two nice "salaries" while he sees what the suckers will do to all of those cans that were kicked down the road and the decaying society equal of a 3rd world status.

Congress = consequences - consequences in as long as I'm "rich" and in power.

Heaven forbid that we actually create real wealth verses printing and borrowing from China.

Even fruit from a tree still needs care and picked to be transported, but wait a minute we now have Obama who'll use BIG government to provide them without the work.
I wonder if those who adore him understand his income as pres is not taxed nor will it ever be for LIFE!

The Elite feds are tax exempt.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To you Obama voters: Lets see how you all will love Obamacare when there's long waiting periods when one's in pain or a medical issue that needs attention immediately and you can forget the emergency rooms as well as they'll be too taxed to take you.

Doctors are going to stop practicing at an alarming rate and the few that's left will have to take on the heavy load.

The care you get if you get seen by a doctor will be watered down at best, but the new normal is that you'll most likely be refused to get seen.

Look what's happening to the job market after this election with all the job losses.

Look at the low morale of a good percentage of the American populous.

Too many have become dependent on government, have gotten downright lazy and just don't want to work anymore. No responsibility for themselves anymore.

Have a nice short life, but that's right you now have healthcare.

Your brains have become "mush".

So go ahead support the President of his his way or the highway! You'll find out where that gets you.
Another THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! post from a crybaby Republican.

Good God; I don't know how you people function in this world.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Some conservatives? or, RWNJ's could have fooled us liberals though, they've been referring to Obama as the FUHRER, dictator, and everything else, why they probably really believe that stuff. They listen to drudge or grudge or beck or o'reilly, hannity for hours and hours and become convinced Obama is KING.
It's been going on for 4 years now, I don't see it changing at all, they'll keep up the brainwashing mentality.
You're right. They all get their information from the same sources.

"Garbage in, garbage out"

Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy;26902553[B
]What does Gorver Norquist have to do with anything? What makes you think he is "holding Republicans hostage?" Hostage to what?[/b]

I haven't heard Gorver Norquist's name come up in any conservative circles in many years. I think he used to be a contributor to National Review. I don't think he runs the Repulican Party, however.

But some of you still believe Rush Limbaugh runs the Republican Party, so I'm not surprised you would dredge up Norquist.

Can any of you explain why you think Norquist has any influence on the Republican Party? Do you have some links? Pleas, no Stink Progress, moron.org or Media Blathers. I mean real intelligent thought provoking anything that shows Grover Norquist is influencing the Party.
Here ya go: It'd be good to educate yourself on what your party is up to.

The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP - CBS News

Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Taxing the rich was a campaign promise, Its not likely he'll go back on it especially since Republicans don't have anything to offer in trade. They bet everything that he wouldn't be re-elected. Why would he trade anyway he has nothing to lose now. I would expect there will be some sacrificial lambs in the Republican party.
What is the point? If Obama steals 1/2 the income from the rich it still isn't going to do a thing to off set that little 16 trillion........

When the rich say NO in no uncertain terms and bank off shore and take everything they can with them and leave the left with NADA thang, what will you whine for then?

Do you have 0 insight..... ???????????????? The next war is coming and it won't be for oil. This one will be for FOOD, and you won't have any.

What will people do for food to feed their family's? All of a sudden you lefty's just got very dangerous...

Your little PC experiments will fall like a ton of bricks and land like 16 trillion tons of bricks!

Peace and Kindness will go right out the door as you claw and maim one another for table scraps. Your world is all based on artificial, in terms of every thing you think you know.

Of course it's better to blame ME, and go back to sticking your heads in the sand, waiting for the Call of the Lemming....

Don't worry that call is coming soon... We have no leaders and haven't in decade after decade, and what we have now is Obama who wouldn't know how to pull a splinter.

His foolish wife and her tiny garden means nothing, and what she has 40 guys working out there on it and it wouldn't feed a goat a month.

One day this word 'artificial' and the life styles it causes will be hated..... When that reality strikes you leftys will be so very sorry but not for long because in around 3 weeks you will all be dead. That is for those of you who don't drop dead in the first 15 minutes.

Have fun taxing play money....... You can buy all you want from Parker Brothers in Salem Mass.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! post from a crybaby Republican.

Good God; I don't know how you people function in this world.
FYI: I'm not a Republican.

The proverbial sky will be falling because of Obamacare for starters.

Enjoy the free Obamaphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies