Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You've got proof that this kid was a criminal?
Pretty hard to punch someone in the face when you've been shot in the shoulder.

Do I hear stormfront calling?
Walks like a duck, talks like a duck. It's a duck, darlin

Oh yea, it's racist for sure. Says the bleeding heart that sees race in everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not about being out at 3am. It's about being on someone's property, hiding under someone else's car, at 3am. Made up, bull story when he woke the homeowner.

All highly suspicious activities of a criminal-in-training.

You have no idea of what you're talking about. I am going to go home now and remind my sons not to let their hair blow over some one else's property or else they might get shot. He is a kid for God's sake. I picked flowers from in front of a building once on my way home from school. Not because I wanted to steal but because I didn't know any better and wanted to give my mother some flowers. When I showed them to my mother, she told me never to do that again and I did not. Thank God no one came out and shot me.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree, there is more to the story, but not all of what you stated are facts are facts. The homeowner says the boy hit him, but there is no proof other than his word that we know of. The boy should not have been out at 3 AM - he was at a friends apparently and his mother says she did not know. Either way, in my opinion it shouldn't be so easy to shoot a person.
No proof that the boy hit him. ALSO, no proof that the "boy" was only playing harmless games with his little buddies.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Yes actually it does.

From the article I posted in the OP:
you are right, mea culpa. i even did an edit/search but used the word 'girls.'

according to this article, the kid was in or near zamora's garage.

Quote:
Zamora told officers he had heard noises outside his home near his vehicles. Zamora armed himself with a revolver and entered his garage, he told police.

Zamora said he opened the garage door, saw a male standing near his vehicle and yelled, “What the hell are you doing?”

Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you are right, mea culpa. i even did an edit/search but used the word 'girls.'

according to this article, the kid was in zamora's garage.

No it says he opened his garage door and saw the boy, meaning that the boy was in his drive way outside of his garage.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
It's not about being out at 3am. It's about being on someone's property, hiding under someone else's car, at 3am. Made up, bull story when he woke the homeowner.

Again, we're talking about someone losing their life b/c they were where they weren't supposed to be, and not even given a chance to leave the property.

So please explain to me how crossing over a "line in the sand" justifies shooting someone.

Quote:
I'd like to see a photo of this "child". Is he a gangly waif, or a muscled up thug?
Quote:
Zamora then took the 5’2″ 90-lb. boy inside his house until police arrived, according to court documents.
Are you now about to say that 5'2 90-lb counts as muscled up thug?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
I'd like to see a photo of this "child". Is he a gangly waif, or a muscled up thug?
gangly waif.

Quote:
The officer who wrote the complaint noted that Colbert is 5-foot-2 and weighs between 80 and 90 pounds

Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
No proof that the boy hit him. ALSO, no proof that the "boy" was only playing harmless games with his little buddies.
The boy should not have been out at 3 AM in someone else's driveway. That doesn't mean he deserved to get shot or killed for it. I don't know about you, but I am far from perfect and had a lot to learn at 13. I thank God that I didn't get shot for touching someone's car, fence or picking flowers from private property. I do think that this man did not mean to shoot the boy and he did act out of fear, but this doesn't make him a hero.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What does this have to do with Trayvon Martin?
IMO, a nut with a gun suspecting foul play.
Hard for you to figure it out, isn't it?
Quote:

Yeah, the 13 y.o. was probably stealing the truck transmission, those are big bucks.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
IMO, a nut with a gun suspecting foul play.
Hard for you to figure it out, isn't it?
Yeah, the 13 y.o. was probably stealing the truck transmission, those are big bucks.
Or maybe looking to see if the truck door was unlocked. Maybe snag a GPS unit or some other small item.

My car window was smashed years back. I couldn't figure out why as I didn't really notice anything missing. The glove box was open but everything seemed normal. Later we found out about ten cars in the area were also burglarized. When they caught the kid they recovered the goods. I went down and looked through the stash and recovered a CD and a pen with my company name imprinted. I didn't even remember the CD being out. The cops said they look for anything of value. For a $10 CD they broke a window.

I can't justify anything yet because I don't know the facts, but a kid in a driveway at 3am is looking for trouble. His mom is sending the wrong message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies