Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
LOL. Not that I know of. However, I've heard that babies and children do have food allergies, and certainly adults have them, so you can't just make one-size-fits-all in terms of food.

It's my opinion that only a very small number of people abuse the food stamp program. With today's technology, it seems to me that it would be rather difficult to deceive the system. Now, if people get the food stamp card and "sell" the benefit for whatever, the money is still spent on FOOD. It can't be used for anything else, including personal hygiene products, laundry detergent, toilet paper, deli foods, house cleaning products, nothing like that at all. Also, the food is not cheaper because someone is using a food stamp card, so if a person "sells" their card, the person using it gets no benefit. And the person who sells it goes hungry.
I think a lot more are taking advantage of the food stamp program and the SSD program. I think it was July last year more folks signed up for disability than found jobs. Did all those folks just become disable all of a sudden or are there some working harder at getting approved than they are at finding a job? I used to work crappy jobs too and when my wife became pregnant I worked two crappy jobs until I got through school and found a good job. Folks don't want to put in the hard work anymore they just expect things to be handed to em and on a silver platter too because it's not fair or whatever other nonsense they spout. Sure there are plenty who aren't abusing the system but there are surely plenty who are. Our government sure isn't going out of their way to find the abusers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
If someone meets the requirement (whatever we make it) to receive food stamps then that's that. You don't get to tell them when to eat. God, the EGOS of some people. So stupid they don't even realize that won't save any money, the same amount is spent on organic fruit or day old lettuce. Your choice. I know what I'd want to eat and it's not someone elses idea of what I SHOULD BE ALLOWED BECAUSE I HAPPEN TO BE POOR.

Some people just kill me.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times
All of you that are so outraged over government spending should build and use your own roads.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If someone meets the requirement (whatever we make it) to receive food stamps then that's that. You don't get to tell them when to eat. God, the EGOS of some people. So stupid they don't even realize that won't save any money, the same amount is spent on organic fruit or day old lettuce. Your choice. I know what I'd want to eat and it's not someone elses idea of what I SHOULD BE ALLOWED BECAUSE I HAPPEN TO BE POOR.

Some people just kill me.
Indeed. If you're poor, you absolutely must suffer the indignities, or how are the rest of us supposed to feel superior?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Did the slaves rape your wife back then? Were those the original hipsters? I'll have to check wiki.

No I believe that the Massuh was raping the Slaves and not the other way around.....LOL

Old 11-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
All of you that are so outraged over government spending should build and use your own roads.
I don't need roads I got 4 wheel drive. Of course all you southpaws putting around in your little volts or prius mobiles trying to impress your neighbors by how green you are would be screaming not fair as you try and dig your little turd mobile outta the mud.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't need roads I got 4 wheel drive. Of course all you southpaws putting around in your little volts or prius mobiles trying to impress your neighbors by how green you are would be screaming not fair as you try and dig your little turd mobile outta the mud.
Oh stop. Your posts are getting more and more rediculous by the day (ie: "nothing applies to me"). You'd be nothing without the internet though. Think on that.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Exactly which taxes of yours have gone up under Obama? Oh, yeah, not a single one so far.

Also, it isn't hipsters or young people in northern cities who are on welfare by and large it is poor people in the south. Crappy red states who practice failed Republican policies which have never worked and will never work. That's why there are so many desperately poor people in red states.

There was a local newspaper article several years ago about subsidized housing and there was one hipster who was deliberately working part time in order to keep (his income low enough to keep) his subsidized housing.

And I worked with a guy who deliberately worked two days week so that he could keep his subsidized housing (not the same guy; they lived several miles apart).

I think poor people in the south have a lot of employment obstacles in their way (esp in rural areas), hipsters have only their own laziness and system-gaming to blame.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh stop. Your posts are getting more and more rediculous by the day (ie: "nothing applies to me"). You'd be nothing without the internet though. Think on that.
I don't own a business that relies on the internet. Think on that.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Indeed. If you're poor, you absolutely must suffer the indignities, or how are the rest of us supposed to feel superior?
Spot on. Perhaps some of us here would feel better if we started shipping the poor into slums like those that existed in NYC's Five Points and East End London? Or hell, like those that exist today in third world countries. Maybe then the American poor would really get what a sin they've committed by daring to be poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies