Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
This is truly outstanding news to hear. General David Petraeus will do the honorable deed for his country and testify on the Benghazi crisis that caused the deaths of 4 Americans. He will also implicate the president since Obama gave the orders to stand down on any rescue attempt of the Ambassador as well as the patriotic Americans there to protect him. Again, what the general is doing is noble. This will lead to impeachment of the President, or a Rush calls him 'Barack The Magic Negro'. It will take a lot of 'Magic' To get Obama out of this one.

Fox: Petraeus to Testify
No try something else......

Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 AM

469 posts, read 913,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
This is truly outstanding news to hear. General David Petraeus will do the honorable deed for his country and testify on the Benghazi crisis that caused the deaths of 4 Americans. He will also implicate the president since Obama gave the orders to stand down on any rescue attempt of the Ambassador as well as the patriotic Americans there to protect him. Again, what the general is doing is noble. This will lead to impeachment of the President, or a Rush calls him 'Barack The Magic Negro'. It will take a lot of 'Magic' To get Obama out of this one.

Fox: Petraeus to Testify
Not going to happen. He will parrot the story and protect the POTUS.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 AM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I have no faith in Petraeous as he has shown himself to be an dishonorable man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That is exactly what they wanted you to think. Dishonor the man prior to his testimony and walla when he blows the whistle they can just say oh he's just some disgruntled general who was forced to step down spouting sour grapes. What is a disgrace is how they treated a career military man who served his country his entire life over Obama's screwup. Sickening.

Could very well be. Still does not change the fact that a man that betrays his family, to whom he owes his first loyalty to, may or may not tell the truth.
He did not make a mistake just on one day, it was repeated long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They knew about it months ago. Why not dishonor him then? Oh wait they didn't need to. What were you squeaking about again?

Timing is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You may want to trash the mans stellar military career over something as trivial as an affair,i'll continue to think him an extraordinary gift to America and its military, having an affair in no way diminished American security or his illustrious career.
Looking over his impressive career are you seriously going to trump all those accomplishments with who he slept with?
David Petraeus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing discounts his service or accomplishments. I was speaking to the man's honor.
As I said above, he betrayed his own family repeatedly.

He may very well be up front with the American people..............maybe.
There is no worry I hold about him making anything up in retaliation for those that investigated his affair.
That wouldn't fly and he knows that.
I have not a strong faith in him revealing all he knows.

He wasn't very forthcoming in this debacle himself to this point already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah... so Petraeus himself publicly announced his admission that he slept with some chick...in order to help his enemies in the White House dishonor him? Great theory you have there. You could try thinking about this.

It's likely this goes deeper than that.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
I love how the left is up in arms about how Petraeus can't be trusted because he dipped his wick.

How quickly they forgot about Clinton.

What a bunch of sillies the left are.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 AM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
No kidding.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Even if Obama killed a dozen people in the Oval Office in front of the Attorney General and the Chief Justice, the Senate would not vote to impeach him.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
I keep asking myself; "Were there always so many crazy people and I just didn't know it because I wasn't reading CD forums or was it having a black man run for and win the presidency that just drove so many people over the edge?"

Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I love how the left is up in arms about how Petraeus can't be trusted because he dipped his wick.

How quickly they forgot about Clinton.

What a bunch of sillies the left are.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by your response. While others see the broader intelligence and national security issue here, you narrow it to just sex. It's a view I've also seen expressed on the extremist blogs and websites.

The American Taliban. People who in one breath say they love America, and in the next express hate for Americans and/or our national values.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I keep asking myself; "Were there always so many crazy people and I just didn't know it because I wasn't reading CD forums or was it having a black man run for and win the presidency that just drove so many people over the edge?"
My friends and family in Europe think America has gone nuts,i'm just hoping they dont discover Beck and Limbaugh...
If Patraeus is doing this for reasons other than this affair and instead is doing it to protect his President you can bet he'll go to his grave before he'd willingly bring dishonor to his Commander in Chief.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Hahaha! I feel the same way. I think it's both. With the CD political forums contributing heavily to your realization.

Honestly, I had no idea there were so many zealots until I started seeing all the anti-Obama slurs on facebook by my southern friends.

Then ~ I discovered this particular forum on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies