Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
The fact that you are so uptight about this subject tells me that you are undoubtedly one of the people I was referring to when I said, "...always have to tip toe around certain people for fear of hurting their pathetic feelings."

Honestly I would rather know what a person thinks. In your world you never know. BTW, I think you are a very overbearing, control freak who has tantrums when she doesn't get her way. I'll bet you have reported more than one person to your supervisor or to HR, complaining that they did or said something YOU didn't like.

Just curious, how long have you had daddy issues?

NOW... go make me a sammich you estrogen laden, water retaining, bloated whiner!
You are wrong on so many levels. Its hilarious.
I'll just reiterate, as an adult you can say what you want to say just deal with the consequences. In the modern world, it is against the law while at work to insult someone on the basis of their race, gender, religious beliefs, etc and so on.

Not only that because of the legal liabilities, nearly every employer has rules specifically prohibiting those types of exchanges.

For the last time you can say what you want to say, you just don't get to dictate the law, your employer's rules, or people's reactions to what you said and the consequences that follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Legal issues means getting sued. And depending on what you said, there could be grounds for a criminal charges.

You keep throwing up word vomit. I dont give a damn about your life experiences.

This is not about you or me. You just don't get it. You can say whatever you want. Just deal with the consequences. That is all there there is. There are laws concerning speech at work. Your employer has rules about speech at work as well.

The idea that the way to speak your mind to someone is to talk about their race, gender, religious beliefs, age, etc in an insulting manner is very strange and wrongheaded.

^^^ Just to address this one specific line you posted... ^^^

And I don't give a damn about your pathetic little over sensationalized feelings. But I love the fact that in a non-politically correct world you can make that SELFISH and HATEFUL statement. It's good to know where you stand. I ought to be shown the same respect by allowing me to say you probably would do better with another dose of Midol. If nothing else, you might have that fresh feeling again.

NOW... go make me a sammich you estrogen laden, water retaining, bloated whiner!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
^^^ Just to address this one specific line you posted... ^^^

And I don't give a damn about your pathetic little over sensationalized feelings. But I love the fact that in a non-politically correct world you can make that SELFISH and HATEFUL statement. It's good to know where you stand. I ought to be shown the same respect by allowing me to say you probably would do better with another dose of Midol. If nothing else, you might have that fresh feeling again.

Again, you are so wrong. Its hilarious.

This is not about you or me. You are throwing up word vomit. Your personal experiences are irrelevant to me.

The only thing that matters is dealing with the real world. In the real world, making comments about someone's race, gender, religion, age, etc while at work is illegal. You can't do it. It opens up your employer for being sued. It opens you up for legal troubles.

This is the real world. You can say what you want, but in the real world, there are laws, employer rules and other people's reactions to what you said that you have to deal with.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Call me old fashioned, but I think you ought to be able to say what ever you want, regardless of whether or not it hurts someone's feelings... If you want to call someone a racist name... go for it. If you want to say their mother is a prostitute... go for it. People need to get over their selfish attitudes of it's all about "MY" feelings. This is what we get when we keep bringing up folks in a world where everyone got a trophy.
You can do that on your own time. In the working world, you do not call co-workers racist names or call their mothers prostitutes. At no point in professional America has this been acceptable. This is not "PC", it's common sense. Given that you have seemingly not yet learned this, I will guess that you have not held a professional job - or for very long.

Also, the whole "go make me a sammich" insult shtick you have going on here is really old and worn out. You can be a mannerless boor if you really want to, but might I suggest that you grow up and act like an adult? You just might find that you get some respect.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You can do that on your own time. In the working world, you do not call co-workers racist names or call their mothers prostitutes. At no point in America has this been acceptable. This is not "PC", it's common sense. Given that you have seemingly not yet learned this, I will guess that you have not held a professional job - or for very long.

Also, the whole "go make me a sammich" insult thing is really tired and old. You can be a boor if you want to, but might I suggest that you grow up and act like an adult? You just might find that you get some respect.

Yeah, I have to agree here. It is common sense. I mean, I work for a small company, and we joke around all of the time. However; there is a line that you don't cross.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
People are too damn sensitive or is it we are supposed to tip toe around people in fear. No thank you. If you don't like what I say then it's your choice to hang around or leave.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again, you are so wrong. Its hilarious.
My reputation points are moving up as a result of this exchange. But I am wrong...

Can you ever get to the point where you are willing to say you agree to disagree? Or are some political correctness subjects so sacrosanct that ANY deviation from YOUR ideology is unforgivable?

Are you beginning to see the point I've made all along? Tell me something... Did my words hurt you? I am certain my words didn't hurt you. They may have offended you, but they did not HARM you in any way. They can't hurt you unless you allow them to hurt you. The ONLY person you can control is yourself. You can control your thoughts. You can control your emotions. You can control your reactions. You cannot control another person in these things unless they allow it.

My best guess is you probably aren't retaining water (still, Midol or a laxative might help) so it is just a matter of whether or not you allow those comments to affect you. You don't know me. You've never met me. So how can I possibly cause you harm? How can my words hurt you? How could you NOT disregard them if you found them so off or objectionable? So why can't you do that in person with a co-worker?

No... peace, harmony and respect are not what you seek. Control over others thoughts and words is what you seek. Some day someone may cross your political correctness tolerance line and your opinion on the subject may drastically change. Because I can assure you that life as we know it today is not the way it was 30-40 years ago (before you were born), and although you may not agree with the way life was then, it was and is very acceptable to many.

This pc nonsense about catering to people's feelings didn't start until the mid to LATE seventies. Ever hear of Archie Bunker?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
My reputation points are moving up as a result of this exchange. But I am wrong...

Can you ever get to the point where you are willing to say you agree to disagree? Or are some political correctness subjects so sacrosanct that ANY deviation from YOUR ideology is unforgivable?

Are you beginning to see the point I've made all along? Tell me something... Did my words hurt you? I am certain my words didn't hurt you. They may have offended you, but they did not HARM you in any way. They can't hurt you unless you allow them to hurt you. The ONLY person you can control is yourself. You can control your thoughts. You can control your emotions. You can control your reactions. You cannot control another person in these things unless they allow it.

My best guess is you probably aren't retaining water (still, Midol or a laxative might help) so it is just a matter of whether or not you allow those comments to affect you. You don't know me. You've never met me. So how can I possibly cause you harm? How can my words hurt you? How could you NOT disregard them if you found them so off or objectionable? So why can't you do that in person with a co-worker?

No... peace, harmony and respect are not what you seek. Control over others thoughts and words is what you seek. Some day someone may cross your political correctness tolerance line and your opinion on the subject may drastically change. Because I can assure you that life as we know it today is not the way it was 30-40 years ago (before you were born), and although you may not agree with the way life was then, it was and is very acceptable to many.

This pc nonsense about catering to people's feelings didn't start until the mid to LATE seventies. Ever hear of Archie Bunker?

Lol reputation points? You follow that lol. You are wrong and it is hilarious to me.

Workplace rules or laws about racial, gender, religious, age, etc discrimination is not about feelings. I think you need to keep up with the modern world.

You stay not understanding. You can say whatever you want to say. You just have to deal with the consequences. That is all there is too it, and the consequences are being fired, disciplined, being sued, and maybe facing criminal charges, etc.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You can do that on your own time. In the working world, you do not call co-workers racist names or call their mothers prostitutes. At no point in professional America has this been acceptable. This is not "PC", it's common sense. Given that you have seemingly not yet learned this, I will guess that you have not held a professional job - or for very long.

Also, the whole "go make me a sammich" insult shtick you have going on here is really old and worn out. You can be a mannerless boor if you really want to, but might I suggest that you grow up and act like an adult? You just might find that you get some respect.
Did my comment offend you too? Midol sales are going to go through the roof today!
Hot stock tip! Buy Bayer Group! Midol sales are skyrocketing!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM

The thing I find laughable is in a workplace environment we worry about hurting someone's feelings even though that same workplace environment passes my hard earned money to the government where it is then redistributed to those who will not work, redistributed to pay farmers to not farm, redistributed to pay for free healthcare for a non-productive member of society, or redistributed so those who are irresponsible can murder an unborn baby at mine and my co-worker's expense.

THOSE things... pfft! They are all good... Hurting someone's precious feelings? OMG! We need a new federal Department of Feelings, where all new laws and regulations can be made to protect the defenseless citizenry from having their feelings hurt!

The modern concept of morality seems fractured at best, and non-existent at worst.

So you go on making your word police demands. I'll continue to ignore your selfish and narcissistic delusions of grandeur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies