Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I would have to mostly agree with that.
Well hopefully its the typo part that you disagree on, exits should have been exist.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Maybe we'll get lucky and both sides will wipe each other out so we don't have to deal with this anymore.
a little short sighted. Lets hypothetically go with your logic for the moment and be long sighted. With Israel gone which covers a long strip of the Mediterranean it makes it pretty easy for Sunni Muslims of North Africa to combine with the Sunni Muslims to the east of what was Israel and then easily cross Turkey which is also Sunni Muslim into Europe (which already has 14 Million Muslims). How long do you think it will take for them to do so and do you really think they won't call the US to come save theirs butts again?

Keep in mind they will not go into the other directions and attack in the directions of Russia and China as they know that these two countries (alone) will pummel them into the ground without second thought.

Chew on that for awhile.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And how many have they killed?

How many has Israel killed?
Obviously not enough.

Israel needs to continue killing Palestinian scum until there are no more rockets being launched into Israel, and no more suicide bombers. However many that takes is entirely up to the Palestinians.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
A nice speech. I in no way, shape or form support the foreign policy of Israel, in general. But after the past few days, it's hard to defend the people in Gaza. How many rockets have been fired into Israel? 1600? They kidnapped innocent kids and executed them? I was very much against Israel's embargo on humanitarian aid to Gaza and its expanding settlements, but you just can't fire 1600 rockets at someone and expect them to do nothing.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:13 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,227,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The reality is these rockets are about as good as the ones you would make in your own backyard. They have no guidance systems and pack only a tiny warhead. Yes, Israel should respond but no the rockets aren't all that powerful and when they hit something its more a matter of luck than skill. Those are facts even if you don't like them.
The facts are that they are firing rockets at Israel! The biased reporting is a shame! The BBC will give anyone the real facts! MSNBC !!! Like they provide the real news?? Don't think so as they are the most biased
news provider around.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
I have been watching for the past several weeks as the "Palestinians" continued attacks on Israel and Israel prepared to move against them. While I know that a nation attacked must stop those attacks I also wonder if Israel will use this as an opportunity to take back more of their homeland, in this case the Gaza strip.
The land is not only Israel's homeland, it is also the homeland of Arab people going back for centuries. And the latest agreement, the Oslo agreement, left the Gaza strip to the Palestinians. Nevertheless Israel keeps illegally nibbling away at the periphery of the Gaza strip with it's "settlements. [i.e. land grabs.] It restricts the movements of the Palestinian people, limits their access to energy, food, even water. They are basically hoping they can starve, arrest, torture and kill the Palestinians into oblivion.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Palestine occupied by Islamism as much as Israel: Column

This is a really good article. I hope that all the Israelis-are-committing-apartheid group here read it with an open mind. Yes, there are many moderate Muslims in the world, many fighting these political Islamists because they know they're the ones who suffer the most by them.

It's not a long article, but here's a sample. You really should read the entire article though.

Also from the article:

"Both anti-Semitism and martyrdom are central to political Islamism. In contrast, neither has any role in pluralistic, mainstream Islam. Israel is not at war with Muslim Palestinians in Gaza but with their nihilistic Islamist leadership."

If Israel is not at war with the Palestinian civilians of the Gaza strip why has it killed nearly 300 Palestinians, mostly civilians, over the last 11 days?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The land is not only Israel's homeland, it is also the homeland of Arab people going back for centuries. And the latest agreement, the Oslo agreement, left the Gaza strip to the Palestinians. Nevertheless Israel keeps illegally nibbling away at the periphery of the Gaza strip with it's "settlements.
Gaza is exactly as Israel left in 2005 when all the Jews were evicted from there. For your information there were Jewish villages in Gaza that dated back to before the Ottoman Empire. But I guess in your view, those Jews don't deserve their lands back because it was promised to a bunch of Arabs.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I think that Israel will not be deterred from ending this madness once and for all.

Once hammas ignored Egypts request to end the hostilities, they lost rest of the worlds sympathy.

How do you think Israel should end this madness once and for all? Would a Palestinian liquidation center in the remote Negev Hills suffice? Graves or piles of ashes are very peaceful and won't give you trouble.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Default If Israel is giving so much warning to Palistineans, then how do they expect to catch Hamas?

If the Israelis are giving so much warning to the Palistineans, then how are they ever going to catch Hamas? I know the whole point is to destroy Hamas launch sites, but are launch sites really even important? I feel like Hamas has demonstrated for a while now that taking out the launch sites will not actually do anything to stop them from setting up shop somewhere else?

Also, what will the ground assault do exactly? Are they going to occupy permanently? Or are they hunting down Hamas Foot soldier? Do they know their faces?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies