Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

I disagree. I think it is imoral to have children go hungry here and abroad. I think it is imoral to have families lose their home due to a wage earner being stricken with cancer. I think it is immoral to reserve life saving medical treatment for those who can pay for it.

Your concerns about redistribution of wealth having nothing to do with morality and everything to do with your political philosophy which has warped selfishness in to a sick virtue...

Yet you think it is moral to take from others to serve your cause. You violate the one thing above all, liberty. Without liberty, nothing else matters.

Your ideal will eventually kill and enslave people as history has shown us over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Nope, not rights. The right to life is so that no one can take it away from you. It is up to you to make the proper decisions to gain food and healthcare.
Doubletalk. Not having food takes life away from you. Not having healthcare does the same.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You violate the one thing above all, liberty. Without liberty, nothing else matters.
I would guess that any sane person with a choice between "liberty" (which is the RWNJ word for freedom) and food, they would choose the latter.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
So what does the right to life mean? What is life without the necessities to sustain it. Implicit in the right to life must be health care and food, don't you think?
They have access to health care. No one is turned away from the ER for life saving treatment.

But health INSURANCE is now a right yet it is no guarantee of care.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They have access to health care. No one is turned away from the ER for life saving treatment.

But health INSURANCE is now a right yet it is no guarantee of care.
The ER won't give you life sustaining chemotherapy or organ transplant surgery. Plenty die without the ability to get a transplant.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM

And no one responded to my post regarding illegals.

You all talk of people dying in the streets for lack of food.

The illegals don't have access to these programs and not all have anchor babies.
Yet, they are able to feed themselves. I have to assume that because I don't see dead bodies lining the streets of illegals who died of starvation.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Doubletalk. Not having food takes life away from you. Not having healthcare does the same.
Not having something does not take something away. That is a logically invalid argument. The state of not having is simply a state. You are attempting to confuse the issue by suggesting by not having, it is an action of being denied or removed. This is false and you have no support for such. You twist the meaning of things similar to that of a criminal who rationalizes theft, murder, or rape. You subjectively interpret concepts and meanings to your own benefit, to bolster your position of infringement.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
The ER won't give you life sustaining chemotherapy or organ transplant surgery. Plenty die without the ability to get a transplant.
And having health insurance is no guarantee either.

And neither are considered ER emergencies.
Car accident, heart attack, stroke..no one is turned away from the ER for not having an insurance card.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I would guess that any sane person with a choice between "liberty" (which is the RWNJ word for freedom) and food, they would choose the latter.
With liberty, I can obtain my own food.

Remember, if you respect my liberty, you can not infringe on it. This means you can not stop or hinder my pursuit of happiness. Since food ranks pretty high on my list of happiness, it would be the first thing I pursue.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Not having something does not take something away. That is a logically invalid argument. The state of not having is simply a state. You are attempting to confuse the issue by suggesting by not having, it is an action of being denied or removed. This is false and you have no support for such. You twist the meaning of things similar to that of a criminal who rationalizes theft, murder, or rape.
Absurd. There is enough food for everyone. I am simply stating that food is a human right. Food sustains life. Period. You're doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to complicate what I am saying. If you believe life is a right but food is not, you're inconsistent.

Quote:
You subjectively interpret concepts and meanings to your own benefit, to bolster your position of infringement.
Good grief. Reflection? We know that right wing perspectives always turn out to be correct in the end, right? (Election anyone?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies