Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
From what I understand, there is only one burglary that is on record as having been reported.

What happened with the other S E V E N? Why is there no record of those having been reported?

If there is no record of them having been reported, then the fact that the killer's brother says E I G H T burglaries occurred means nothing.
No ... it doesn't "mean nothing" .... it probably means that the guy was burglarized repeatedly by local thugs with an arrest record the length of your arm that the "system" refuses to deal with in an effective manner. It probably means that the guy understands that police don't really give a rat's rear end if someone steals his TV or other personal belongings, and that the only action that will result from reporting an incident to them will be a report that police do nothing with, on average.

Stop watching Police Shows on TV .... CI doesn't come out and "dust for prints" and track down the criminals with clever detective work. Most crime against the general public goes unsolved, and a large portion of that is because unless there is a serious injury or a death, very little, if any at all investigative work is actually done. That is reserved for protecting commercial interests where commercial theft or property damage has occurred.

If a bank gets robbed ... the police will form a task force. If you get robbed, they'll file a report. That's the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Why does it have to be multiple B & Es?

Since the thieves wiped out the old man the first time and the police weren't able to help, do you suppose subsequent B&Es might go unreported if nothing of value was taken?

One B & E is enough for one lifetime. You would know that if you had ever been burglarized.
So, what if the brother is lying about the number of break-ins?

No problem?

If they lie about the number of break-ins, then that tells me they will lie about what really happened when and how those kids/young adults died.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No ... it doesn't "mean nothing" .... it probably means that the guy was burglarized repeatedly by local thugs with an arrest record the length of your arm that the "system" refuses to deal with in an effective manner. It probably means that the guy understands that police don't really give a rat's rear end if someone steals his TV or other personal belongings, and that the only action that will result from reporting an incident to them will be a report that police do nothing with, on average.
I guess that's why he didn't call the police for 24 hours, huh? Because he knew they would "do nothing?"

Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,313,161 times
It's America's fault. We sweep the drug epidemic under the rug and crazy isht like this happens. It's easier for a teen to get drugs than it is for booze.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
The more I think about this the more I am at a loss to understand how anyone with a shred of humanity can defend this much less take the time to post their rationalizations over and over again. I don't see it, I don't understand it, it just doesn't makes any sense.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
The homeowner didn't handle the situation too well. He is going to jail for homicide.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The more I think about this the more I am at a loss to understand how anyone with a shred of humanity can defend this much less take the time to post their rationalizations over and over again. I don't see it, I don't understand it, it just doesn't makes any sense.

Let me sus it out for you. This liberal tolerance has led to intolerable life where criminals are coddled, and their victims punished. Had the man shot the intruders and just wounded them, he'd have likely found himself sued for damages. That's how insane this liberal la la land has become.

But it's just fine for a police officer to taser to death someone for a traffic violation ... because tasers are non-lethal ... even though they kill people, which usually is labeled death unrelated to the 50,000 volts shot through the person's body 10 times.

Everything is now upside down. And that's the real problem. Labeling burglars as "kids" is part of this brave new world of double think.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I guess that's why he didn't call the police for 24 hours, huh? Because he knew they would "do nothing?"
No ... I think the man is a bit twisted ... or suffering some mental disturbance. But it was the break in and the criminal behavior on the part of the intruders that created the situation, and not the man minding his own business in his own home.

Just another reason for people to be more responsible and respectful of others ... you break into someone else's home, and you are responsible for getting your arse shot off.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Had the man shot the intruders and just wounded them, he'd have likely found himself sued for damages.
When you use "likely" in a sentence written to establish your argument, one should dismiss said argument as a sorry attempt to bull**** the reader while making up crap as you go along producing a classic strawman argument.

So I repeat:

Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Let me sus it out for you. This liberal tolerance has led to intolerable life where criminals are coddled, and their victims punished. Had the man shot the intruders and just wounded them, he'd have likely found himself sued for damages. That's how insane this liberal la la land has become.

But it's just fine for a police officer to taser to death someone for a traffic violation ... because tasers are non-lethal ... even though they kill people, which usually is labeled death unrelated to the 50,000 volts shot through the person's body 10 times.

Everything is now upside down. And that's the real problem. Labeling burglars as "kids" is part of this brave new world of double think.
So you are defending his actions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies