Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiShi View Post
It's extremely sad. He executed them. That's well beyond protection/self preservation. It appears he was targeted. 10k in cash and multiple weapons... I'm questioning whether he's got some shady dealings.
he was a retired security officer for the state dept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
The homeowner has been charged.

Now let's let the jury decide his guilt or innocence.

If he is guilty of murder he will be punished.

Some on here are insinuating that the homeowner was at fault for having guns and cash in his home, and others are calling the criminals "kids" and "young adults" instead of labelling them as criminals.

The situation is unfortunate, because two people los their lives and the homeowner stands to lose his freedom all because two criminals decided to steal from a house while the homeowner was present. Had there not been a break-in, this would not have happened.
thank you for common sense, as a person would have every right to have legal guns or cash in their home.

a jury will hear all the evidence and they will get to decide what he should or should not face, not a reporter, not people who are reading secondhand accounts of what actually happened.

he may indeed wind up doing jail time-but if they hadn't committed a SERIOUS CRIME in the first place NONE of this would have happened, so excuse me if i don't join the pity party for the "victims" who could have given him a heart attack and killed him with their breaking and entering, with intent to steal.

crimes often have unintended consequences, and the criminals become the "victims"--that's the real world.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
This guy sounds like a sociopath. His actions aren't protected under the Castle Doctrine.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Speaking of the racial element, notice they found the best pictures they could of these kids? Makes them look like honors students.

If these would have been black kids they would have found their mugshots for sure. And these kids have a long history of breaking the law.
Oh, you mean like when the media posted pictures of Tryvon Martin as a 13 yr old angel

Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This guy sounds like a sociopath. His actions aren't protected under the Castle Doctrine.
Yes they are, he dfended his home, but went to far. He may be charged with abuse of a corpse.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, so now Liberals think it's ok for people to break into houses?

Soldiers knew the enemy plays dead and as they walk past them the enemy shoots so they are trained to ram the bayonet into the bodies as they walk by. They look dead but hey lets make sure.
Nobody said it's ok to break into people's house. But this isn't the military in the middle of the desert. Laws still apply when someone breaks into your house. And executing 2 teenagers after they're already suffering from lethal injuries, because they laughed is not protected under the Castle Doctrine. It's no longer self-defense, it's 2nd degree murder.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yes they are, he dfended his home, but went to far. He may be charged with abuse of a corpse.
No, he was charged with 2 counts of 2nd degree murder. He shot the girl in the head because she supposedly laughed while she was half dead on the floor.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Uuuuh no; your military ruined a column of equipment being driven back to Iraq by people who died as collateral damage. Those Iraqi's who abandoned the column and ran into the desert were not targeted as individuals. Your military's intent was NOT to slaughter the Iragi soldiers as proven by those who surrendered in the desert being treated just fine.

Those who refused to abandon their trenches and tank traps got bulldozed under as they should have but those who jumped up with their hands in the air got by-passed by the armour and were reported to the following troops to round up. There were reported examples of them being searched for weapons, given water and food, then left behind to wander back towards the approaching American troops because there were simply too damn many of them to contend with at the time.

Sadam's Republican Guard was a notable example of restraint practiced by your military in the thick of that engagement.

Try to be more selective in your event searches and perusing the ROE's issued that Schwartzkopf followed to the letter, regardless if he agreed with them or not. His career remains reasonably untarnished because even though he sometimes disagreed with Powell he nevertheless followed his orders.

It is a shame you attribute all the wrong codes of honour to your own troops. For the greater part of that war in the desert; if hands were in the air and surrender was verified; Iraqi's were spared death and "slaughter". One of the "cleaner" wars ever fought!

It is a very great pity that part of the world regards anyone practicing the Marquis-de-Queensbury rules as being weak, for if they had a better appreciation for the value of their life being spared by an obviously superior foe, fewer of those veteran Iraqi's might take up weapons against you today in the name of Al-Queda or any other retarded terrorist org..
I don't think I ever said we didn't take prisoners who legitimately surrendered

I said that all enemy combantants are targeted during war, even the ones who are trying to retreat. As long as they live they are a threat. Obviously if they put their hands in the air and lay down their weapons they are no longer a threat.

I have no idea how you got all those ideas from what I said

Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Finishing people off fall under Castle Doctrine? I absolutely disagree.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
What a case.

I have to say I have sympathy for the man because you never know whats going to happen once those criminals get out of jail. Or even before if they're connected with other criminals.

I don't feel sorry for the kids. I'm sorry, I just don't. People get shot and killed in break ins all the time. They knew the risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies