Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times

Advertisements

this will teach people from breaking into some elses home.

break in, you might not break out.

oh well, sucks for them.

i dont feel sorry for them, they took the chance of breaking into someones home, they paid the price.
oh well.

the man did look like a nut job, so they really took a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Homeowner = crazy.

However, I can't feel sorry for these miscreants.

Sometimes people push you too far. He may have snapped. I can see that happening. Society has become all about thugs pushing you as far as you can go and never being responsible for the consequences.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
do you believe that she was laughing at him?

i seriously doubt it, if her friend had just been killed and she had already been shot.

that's not a laugh-inducing situation.

versatile, that is a good point and i hope people do think twice before committing dangerous crimes, because they have NO WAY OF KNOWING how it will turn out, for their victim or for them.
He believes she was laughing at him.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
He believes she was laughing at him.
then i guess you got your insanity defense.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,140,549 times
You have the right to defend your home. You don't have the right to murder incapacitated intruders.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You have the right to defend your home. You don't have the right to murder incapacitated intruders.
This. ^^^^

Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
this will teach people from breaking into some elses home.

break in, you might not break out.

oh well, sucks for them.

i dont feel sorry for them, they took the chance of breaking into someones home, they paid the price.
oh well.

the man did look like a nut job, so they really took a chance.
The thing is, young people die. They die when they drive too fast, get high and drive. Do stupid stuff like drinking beer on top of water towers and falling off. Everyone of us on this forum had a friend die as a teenager I bet from an accident or a stupid stunt.

These kids decided to jump in the Lion's cage and try to get out alive. They probably knew this guy was nuts and armed but did it anyway. Something a misguided teen will do. So they died.

But this guy is going to jail. This was just too hardcore for this society. 100 years ago he wouldn't have even been questioned for killing thieves on his property.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I don't claim to be a gun expert but I would think that if he was able to drag her from where she originally fell to the the workshop and notice that she was laughing at him she probably wasn't presenting any immediate danger. Unless laughter kills him or something.

You would also think that while dragging her he probably would have noticed if she had a weapon or not. Maybe she was hiding it in her bra or something.
I wasn't there. You weren't, either.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I wasn't there. You weren't, either.
Never said I was but I'm reading his words.

He said he shot her wife a rifle. She fell down the stairs. He tried to shoot her again but the rifle jammed. She laughed at him. That apparently said him off even further.

Quote:
"If you're trying to shoot somebody and they laugh at you, you go again," Smith told investigators.
So then he pulled out his .22 and shot her several times in the chest. Then he dragged her to his workshop, put the gun under her chin and shot at her.

I stand by my original statement. If she had a weapon on her, he probably would have noticed it and mentioned it as he was detailing his action. I also think it's pretty safe to assume that after she was shot with a rifle, fell down the stairs, shot multiple times in the chest that he was in a safe enough situation to call 911.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
He deserves to be charged with manslaughter at least...you can't drag someone into another room and execute them. Someone breaks into my house I'm killing them end of story...but I certainly wouldn't stop shooting and drag him/her into another room then kill...I also cannot shoot an intruder in the back

You have a right to shoot someone if you feel your life is in danger...it's obvious he didn't feel his life was in danger (who shoots someone then drags the person into another room)?

What a nut...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies