Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

There are some posters on this thread who I swear come across as almost envious of the guy's opportunity to commit cold blooded murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Read ^ what I just posted. One .45 ACP...357 MAG...12 gauge, it's only going to take 1 shot.
I see you still don't get it. If someone breaks into your house and you shoot them dead (with one shot, 3 shots, whatever), it's self defense. Once you have incapacitated that person - they are lying on the floor, bleeding, maybe already dying - "finishing them off" with a shot to the head, shot to the heart is MURDER. Because you are no longer in danger, you cannot then decide that they need killin' and you're going to get off because you think the law will protect you.

Shooting dangerous intruder = self defense. A-OK.
Shooting incapacitated person in the head = murder. NOT OK.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
There are some posters on this thread who I swear come across as almost envious of the guy's opportunity to commit cold blooded murder.
Yes. It's scary how deliberately obtuse and bloodthirsty some of these people seem to be. I am very glad I don't know them in person.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,287 times
You guys are blowharding. I work for a PD and KNOW my rights and what the law is. I don't need any 'newb' advice thanks......

Also number 11. Rules For Gunfighting

I'm shinin' deer and shootin' fish in a barrel. Stay out of my goddamn house....

Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And do you know how that law actually works? Let me give you the summary: Stand Your Ground law says that you have a right to defend yourself with lethal force when there is reasonable belief of a threat, without the obligation to retreat.

Now you tell me... where is the "reasonable believe of a threat" in a person who has already been shot multiple times and is sprawled out on the floor? And how are you "standing your ground" if you're putting a gun under the chin of that incapacitated person and blowing their brains out?

I'm shocked at the poor reasoning capacity of many adults on here. They hear "but they entered the house" and then their brains shut off from there. Is it something in the water?
In this State you WILL be shot and perhaps killed for breaking and entering. No questions asked.....

Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You guys are blowharding. I work for a PD and KNOW my rights and what the law is. I don't need any 'newb' advice thanks......

Also number 11. Rules For Gunfighting

I'm shinin' deer and shootin' fish in a barrel. Stay out of my goddamn house....
...and yet you don't know that you can't just execute an incapacitated person without facing severe legal consequences? Uh huh... ok then. I take it they don't rely on you for legal advice.

Wow...and what a credible legal text you cited there.

Another internet macho man.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
...and yet you don't know that you can't just execute an incapacitated person without facing severe legal consequences? Uh huh... ok then. I take it they don't rely on you for legal advice.

Couldn't rep you again, but yeah......what you said.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM

So did I execute the perps?

No....I'm just a really....REALLY good shot!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:

Did I say that? I most certainly did not.

I said.....one shot to the head THE FIRST time......

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM

I ain't playin' whicha....I ain't ****ing around.

I'm not shooting to wound and then have you fall into me with the 8" blade as you die either....taking me with ya.

One to the head......or two to center mass then the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies