Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,099,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Brilliant reply!
Truth need not be brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
This guy sounds like he was totally unprepared and even left it to his poor to his wife. I bet his wife hates do anything with him. in the end its was obvious he ahqd a clue which caused most of his problems.It would have been better to leave him at home not to have to putup with his whinning.I can just hear his constantly bitching doig anyhtign that needs documention. The guy is a drag;pure and simple.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,737,166 times
Quote:
Old enough.I am in my late 20's
Late 20's. Really? I was guessing late teens. Your stated preference for dirt roads to the national highway system and for everyone to burn their own trash rather than pay for municipal trash pickup made me think that you were either very young, or had never been out of a very small home town, or both.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,758,838 times
Then how about showing some truth.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Late 20's. Really? I was guessing late teens. Your stated preference for dirt roads to the national highway system and for everyone to burn their own trash rather than pay for municipal trash pickup made me think that you were either very young, or had never been out of a very small home town, or both.
I don't have a preference for dirt roads to paved roads. I was merely saying a private company can pave a road don't need government to do it. Yes we burn our trash here its cheaper and easier to do so.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,476,088 times
Quote:
I don't have a preference for dirt roads to paved roads. I was merely saying a private company can pave a road don't need government to do it. Yes we burn our trash here its cheaper and easier to do so.
If there were 1.4 million people living in the surrounding 25 square miles, don't you think air quality would suffer just a bit if everyone did that?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
It would also be cheaper and easier for a company to dump toxins in a stream running by you than to dispose of them properly. I guess you'd be fine with that too, eh?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If there were 1.4 million people living in the surrounding 25 square miles, don't you think air quality would suffer just a bit if everyone did that?
Air quality already sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It would also be cheaper and easier for a company to dump toxins in a stream running by you than to dispose of them properly. I guess you'd be fine with that too, eh?
No I wouldn't like it but if its THEIR property then not for me to decide that.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,737,166 times
Quote:

One burning trash pile in the country may not be a big deal. A million burning trash piles in a city would be a huge, stinking, dangerous mess.

And do you really think that a private company could have built and maintained the federal highway system? What would have happened when the private company got to an area of land owned by someone who didn't want to sell? Would the road just stop there? What about what are now state and city roads? Should people have to pay a toll every time they enter a city? What if the builder of these roads didn't want just anyone to drive on them? What if they didn't want white men to drive on them? Or vehicles larger than a ton? What if the private road builder was an environmentalist and decreed that no truck containing dangerous materials could drive down the road?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM

They would go around them then,no toll. I think the town or the people of a town would contract with the company in return the people would give the company either money or some other services for the company in return for the paved road. All those things you mentioned we already have roads like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies