Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I think that one big glaring issue this whole birther nonsence brings to light is the screwed up system of justice the USA has. The British system of justice that Canada also has would not permit this idiocy......
altho birther suits continue to be filed......

Joe Biden: sued at last - Obama Conspiracy Theories

...... i think this may be coming to a close. the defendants ( there are multiple ) and one of orly taitz's co-plaintiffs are seeking sanctions and legal fees against orly ( and the other co-plaintiffs ) in orly's MS birther challenge. from what i've seen the sanctions most likely will be granted and are estimated to be between $100,000 to $250,000. i think a judgement like that will curb all but the most loony of birthers from future frivolous lawsuits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm an engineer. I'm good at math.

What the **** is a "leaner?"
I was wondering that also,Urban dictionary says..

Urban Dictionary: leaner

I still dont have a clue as to in what context Roy is using the term.must be some new rightie code word.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've directly pointed this out to the old boy before:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27224139-post173.html

so he's either suffering from selective memory or he's intentionally promoting BS.

I vote the latter.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I was wondering that also,Urban dictionary says..

Urban Dictionary: leaner

I still dont have a clue as to in what context Roy is using the term.must be some new rightie code word.
Damned sure must be a code word. I use the word to keep from having to type left leaner. Do you fail to see that leaving out the four letters is easier. Oh well, you left leaners don't like to be called lefties so accept my leaner.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I vote the latter.
You missed it too.

Hey, I wonder if you leaners can accept this little story I found today. I know few, if any, leaners will look at it because it may make them unhappy, but then you need to know that the real birthers haven't and probably won't give up real soon.

The Obama Birth Certificate Investigation: Questions Of Interest

There are some good questions that should have been asked and haven't listed here.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damned sure must be a code word. I use the word to keep from having to type left leaner. Do you fail to see that leaving out the four letters is easier. Oh well, you left leaners don't like to be called lefties so accept my leaner.
If you are too lazy to write out left leaning by all means just call us lefties.You can call this leftie a leftie anytime you want not sure where you got the idea we dont like being called leftie but its probably where you get most of your unreliable information. and you can also call us lefties all the names you like as it only shows the usual juvenile and no class rightie attitude that we've come to expect,and we lefties get some measure of amusement out of your creativity in name calling.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
I know few, if any, leaners will look at it.....
you said the same thing about monckton's affidavit until i broke it down point by point. you kind of walk away from it after that. i'll be happy to go over this too in detail in the morning.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
There are some good questions that should have been asked and haven't listed here.
wow! just read the article. it's more birther cannibalism! the main point of the entire article is that sheriff joe arpaio and jerome corsi are either incompetent or are part of the conspiracy. the link is taking monckton's affidavit (they call it a booklet) as fact and questioning why arpaio hasn't filed any criminal charges or turned his "evidence" over to any actual law enforcement and/or prosecution entity.

i actually encourage this question and have directly asked it to birthers many times. i just find it amazing now that instead of even contemplating the possibility that joe may not have actual evidence and the investigation was nothing more than BS the birthers have gone to the next level of nutty and have embraced "lord" monckton while throwing arpaio and corsi under the bus.

"......real birthers haven't and probably won't give up real soon."
-roysoldboy

so old boy, are corsi and arpio no longer "real" birthers?

Last edited by wrecking ball; 12-14-2012 at 05:56 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 05:29 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The whole issue is moot. Claiming that President Obama wasn't born in the US based on some sketchy research of a scanned image obtained from the Internet is like saying the US Constitution does not exist because a copy purchased in a souvenir shop is not printed on the correct period paper.

Do you have any hard evidence that can refute the State of Hawaii's several confirmations that President Obama was born there? And I don't mean stupid stuff like PDF layers and the other assorted conspiracy BS.
EXCELLENT ANALOGY! Thank you.

I'll quote myself from another thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post

Birthers — Take a look at pretty much any printed document, on a table, physically in front of you... where are the Adobe layers? answer: nowhere! They do not exist.

The computer layers in the online PDF prove nothing because they don't exist on the actual document because the actual document is a physical item, not electronic.

Do these supposed "graphics" professionals think that when you create a PDF it sniffs out clues and finds faults and separates them all like some kind of magic forgery detective? It's absurd!

If you scan or photograph a physical document, then generate a PDF from that digital copy, the artifacts, layers, and other electronic signatures are MEANINGLESS. They have ZERO relevance to the physical document. They are a byproduct of the process or processes that were used to generate an electronic file from a physical piece of media.

Why this isn't completely clear to anyone claiming to know about graphic design, or electronic digital reproduction, is beyond me.

Like I said, I've been working with computer graphics software since the late 80's. I was lucky enough to choose graphic design as my major at a time when we were just switching from t-squares and spec'ing type with rulers, to Macs and software. I would never claim to know everything about the subject, but with almost 2 decades of advanced education, prepress, and profession design experience I certainly can call BS on this whole "layers" conspiracy.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You missed it too.
are you saying that you've missed the multiple times it's been pointed out that none of obama's records are "sealed"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies