Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because here family lives in the Northwest and at the end of the day she would much rather live closer to family.
B.S. Scandinavia is a depressing dead-end group of countries and she was kissing the ground when she got back in the U.S.A. Certainly a dead-end for a non-Scandianvian who hasn't assimilated into the hivemind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I've been there several times. Whats yours? Some sappy art-film?
I've been there several times. And I like art films.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
And I like art films.
Of course you do.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Of course you do.
Of course I do.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
B.S. Scandinavia is a depressing dead-end group of countries and she was kissing the ground when she got back in the U.S.A. Certainly a dead-end for a non-Scandianvian who hasn't assimilated into the hivemind.
Seeing that you do not know my friend, I am gonna have to consider your BS comment to in fact be BS.

Clearly you have no understanding of Denmark and are trying to pass off your lack of knowledge as testimonial into thinking it is some form of unified cult. So I am moving on from your posts if this is all you can produce.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Actually science can be tested and proven, religion can not.
This is pure ignorance. The claims of religion can be tested and proven as well.

Quote:
And yes, I do believe in reason, which is why I believe in science. Heck now that you mention science, I think that should be the official religion of our country because that I believe.
LOL. So your argument is:

I believe in reason.
Therefore, I believe in science.
Therefore, science should be the official religion of our country.

Can you say "non sequitur"?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
There isn't a country in the world that has enough widespread Christianity and economic inequality / villification of the poor to make them happy. Thus, here in the US they want public prayers and the head of state to be Jesus Christ, and take food and medicine away from the poor while raising their taxes (and cutting taxes on the rich), because schoolyard-style fairness is more important than happiness or progress.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Seeing that you do not know my friend, I am gonna have to consider your BS comment to in fact be BS.

Clearly you have no understanding of Denmark and are trying to pass off your lack of knowledge as testimonial into thinking it is some form of unified cult. So I am moving on from your posts if this is all you can produce.
Clearly both your friend, myself, and anyone else who has been there knows that you are the one who has no understanding. Its as monocultural and hivemindish as exists on the face of the earth. 'Lagom' (that which is appropriate, that which is fitting, not too much, not too little, just right) is the word which describes the Scandinavian psyche. Anything that is not 'Lagom' makes them very uncomfortable. They look down on flashy cloths, a wild hair style, drawing attention to yourself, anything weird or strange, high energy people, you name it. Plus they are so set in their ways and whitebread kosherness they will not even cross an abandoned street outside of the designated crosswalk.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
This is pure ignorance. The claims of religion can be tested and proven as well.

LOL. So your argument is:

I believe in reason.
Therefore, I believe in science.
Therefore, science should be the official religion of our country.

Can you say "non sequitur"?
Well I don't believe in your religion, I am sorry if that hurts your feelings, but a man rising from the dead sounds more like a zombie story than a religion I wish to follow. Also when was the last time you saw a "virgin" get knocked up by no body?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Clearly both your friend, myself, and anyone else who has been there knows that you are the one who has no understanding. Its as monocultural and hivemindish as exists on the face of the earth. 'Lagom' (that which is appropriate, that which is fitting, not too much, not too little, just right) is the word which describes the Scandinavian psyche. Anything that is not 'Lagom' makes them very uncomfortable. They look down on flashy cloths, a wild hair style, drawing attention to yourself, anything weird or strange, high energy people, you name it. Plus they are so set in their ways and whitebread kosherness they will not even cross an abandoned street outside of the designated crosswalk.
Guess you have a different interpretation of Denmark than me, not really my problem, I like the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies