Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Right now liberals. After all..its about protecting children and not some warped, ideological, fantasy utopia in your heads about what the world should be like. Pools, cars, and bicycles, hurt kids far more than guns. Call for the ban of those 3 first so that we all can see how looney you are, then I'll listen to you about firearms.

bikes are not a threat to them staying in power, firearms are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
I'll just put this out there: if you keep making guns even more prevalent and easily accessed by anyone and everyone... then get used to more events like today's coming shortly. Mark my words.

We are already the most heavily armed civilian population in the world, right up there with Yemen, and yet all those guns do not seem to be preventing these things...they appear to only be increasing in frequency.

If we have the world's greatest concentration of guns already, then how come we're not safer and already have proportionally lower incidences of gun homicides? Instead, we have the opposite. Riddle me that...

U.S. named
'most heavily armed country'
http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/...ry_3666-1.html

Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 AM

717 posts, read 648,319 times
Why, if the gun is the be-all and end-all of defense, does America have among the highest rates of Handgun related deaths on the planet? One would think that, if the guns keep you safe, this would not be so.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:05 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Note: Being a gun owner and supporting guns doesn't automatically make one a conservative or a redneck. Instead of being idiotically divisive or making this a left/right issue, let's try to come together and learn from this tragedy. Which add the stabbing tragedy in China has shown, would've happened regardless of gun ownership.
The children in China were only injured, not killed. That's the difference between guns and knives. Get it now? Probably not.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
Ahh, the invoking of the infalliable, all-knowing founding fathers. It gets tiring hearing what they were or weren't framed against 21st century issues. But to play along....

Who knows? Maybe being British subjects in 2012 would of lead to a 10x better society than what we have now. Do you know that it wouldn't? I can't tell, my alternate-dimension glasses are broken.

great, then from what you are saying, is that our founding fathers could not know the future and that all Constitutional rights should be null and void. such as free speech, right to bear arms, habeas corpus and all the rest should be null and void.

how quaint of you to not think of everyone else that prefers freedom over slavery.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
I thought you said this isn't a courtroom? However terrorism is to induce fear, violence or intimidation to achieve a goal. What that goal was we will never know but I would call this a terrorist attack because it caused fear, violence. Was that the goal? Could be.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:07 AM

191 posts, read 242,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Better than assumptions.

43/61 = 0.7049

Perfectly in line with population demographics.

The "white serial killer" is mostly a myth.
Can you name 5 that aren't White??

Old 12-15-2012, 02:07 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And you are starting to show your stupidity (more than usual). Testify under oath? Is that you Judge Judy???
You ramble on about poo eating and you claim I'm showing my stupidity?

I didn't think you would answer because after all you can't.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
When was the last time you saw somebody take a bicycle and murder two dozen people at the movie theater with it?

Yea...that's what I thought.

When was the last time you saw a 71 year-old man save a group of innocent people with a Schwinn?

71-year-old shoots robbers at internet cafe in Florida - YouTube

Yeah...that's what I thought!

Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 AM

589 posts, read 851,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Re read it MORON

You should stick to talking with your own kind. You're embarrassing yourself.

The Twenty-first Amendment (Amendment XXI) to the United States Constitution repealed the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which had mandated nationwide Prohibition on alcohol on January 17, 1920. The Twenty-first amendment was ratified on December 5, 1933.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies