Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,503,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Lactose intolerance is inferior?????
Shows he does not know biology , lactose intolerance is an inherited situation from an ancestry where milk from cows was not consumed. It does not make one inferior one bit, neither does being gay. I am happy being a gay male, I am happy with my life, I would have it no other way.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,223,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Don't you realize, that everyone is inferior to this poster. Obviously he is the perfect male specimen, that every male ogles in the bathroom, and all women throw them selves at so often that he can't trust themselves to be left alone in their presence because his judgement might slip.

Look, I don't think I'm perfect at all. I could give you a long list of things where I am inferior.

But you have to understand my point-of-view when it comes to life in general.

I don't mind inferiority in general. As long as it "does no harm".

This is really the basic philosophy of my life. And has been since as long as I can remember.

I don't really care if you work hard, or sit on your butt. I don't really care if you are a druggy, or a hippie. You can do whatever you want, as long as you do no harm.

I have asthma and allergies, both are inferior. But neither asthma or allergies does harm. If I want to turn into a survivalist hermit, that is fine, because it does no harm.

When I look at the world, I try to only advocate for policies that "do no harm".

The problem with homosexuality, is that if we do nothing, its harmful, and if we do something, its harmful. So I feel like we need a policy that could do the least harm as possible.

In my view, the primary harm from homosexuality seems to come from sort of a confusion about the role of gender vs the role of sexual orientation. This confusion tends to make people feel uncomfortable or uneasy. And the traditional "gender line" gets broken down.

If there was a way to redefine the "gender line", by making sure orientations were clearly defined by all participants. Then it would remove a lot of confusion and distrust between people.

Do you disagree?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,771,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
What makes you think we did not know about homosexuality back in the 60s??
Yes I am sure. Even in early 1980s people in China did not talk about it at all.
I heard the concept first time when I was like 10 years old.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The problem with homosexuality, is that if we do nothing, its harmful, and if we do something, its harmful. So I feel like we need a policy that could do the least harm as possible.
What policies are you suggesting?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,233,052 times
Quote:
Look, I don't think I'm perfect at all. I could give you a long list of things where I am inferior.

But you have to understand my point-of-view when it comes to life in general.

I don't mind inferiority in general. As long as it "does no harm".

This is really the basic philosophy of my life. And has been since as long as I can remember.

I don't really care if you work hard, or sit on your butt. I don't really care if you are a druggy, or a hippie. You can do whatever you want, as long as you do no harm.

I have asthma and allergies, both are inferior. But neither asthma or allergies does harm. If I want to turn into a survivalist hermit, that is fine, because it does no harm.

When I look at the world, I try to only advocate for policies that "do no harm".

In my view, the primary harm from homosexuality seems to come from sort of a confusion about the role of gender vs the role of sexual orientation. This confusion tends to make people feel uncomfortable or uneasy. And the traditional "gender line" gets broken down.

If there was a way to redefine the "gender line", by making sure orientations were clearly defined by all participants. Then it would remove a lot of confusion and distrust between people.

Do you disagree?
How is homosexuality any more harmful than heterosexuality?

There are no guarantees in this life that you won't be "uncomfortable".
Grow up.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What policies are you suggesting?
Making all homosexuals wear a badge, separate bathrooms, and showers. You know basic segregation.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,771,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yeah, and making all homosexuals wear an identification badge would really help to reduce the violent crimes against LGBT people.
I didn't say that.

But you seem to suggest it is better to hide sexual orientation in public. I agree.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I didn't say that.

But you seem to suggest it is better to hide sexual orientation in public. I agree.
The poster I was responding to suggested the badges.

I'll hide my orientation, just as soon as heteros do too.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,345,877 times
Quote:
How am I making myself look more idiotic?

You need to start asking yourself questions, rather than spewing out opinions.

Look, why are there bathrooms for women and bathrooms for men? Why would a man be fine with showering with other men, but not with women? Why would women be fine with showering with other women, but not with men?

Are gays living in tolerant countries more happy or less happy than the general population? Why?

Do women tend to feel more comfortable around gay men than straight men? Would a woman be more likely to be talkative towards a random male stranger, if she knew he was gay, and thus wasn't attracted towards her, and wouldn't take her friendliness as flirting?

Would straight men be more likely to feel comfortable with men hanging around their wives, if we knew who was gay and who wasn't.

Would the world be better off if homosexuals didn't exist at all?

In a "homosexual tolerant" country, would the existence of a "straight badge" and a "gay badge" cause harmful discrimination?

All I'm saying is that, homosexuality is inherently inferior. That doesn't mean that the individual is inferior, nor is it the individuals fault that they are homosexual. But, homosexuality is still inferior.

Which is simple to understand because, if you asked a gay person if they would have rather been born straight, 99% of them would say yes.

Gays don't want to be gay, straight people don't want gays to be gay. Being gay is basically a curse, on both the individual and society. The question is, if we understand that homosexuality is inferior, but it isn't anyone's fault. How do we address the situation in a practical way, which would minimize the negative social effects that come out of homosexuality, while doing minimal harm to individuals?
Why don't we just pin a label on YOU. Something that indicates your discomfort with just about everyone and everything. Maybe a big NIT, for Needs Intensive Therapy.

You've got some serious issues - hope you get some help soon....

Old 12-15-2012, 07:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,345,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Yes I am sure. Even in early 1980s people in China did not talk about it at all.
I heard the concept first time when I was like 10 years old.
In the early 80s people and China didn't talk about a lot of things. In the US, you can be sure that in the 60s, we were all aware of the existence of homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies