Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, you are.....
I hate the republicans much more than you. Guaranteed. In fact, you probably don't hate the republicans.

And I hate them precisely for all the innocent people they killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hate the democrats for precisely the same reasons but they'd have a different list of countries they terrorized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 01:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I disagree, i think society can learn that, or at the least, learn to use protection. I personal belief is that we have tried to teach our girls to be little angels while telling our sons to be dogs encouraging them to have sex at a young age. thats like having 2 dogs that fight every time they see them but then chaining one up and letting the other one run free as if that solved the problem.

I believe we can change that in our society. It may be tough, but i rather us try than not. Before Abortion was illegal, we saw both mother and child die in back alleys. We dont need to go back to that time. We need to educate and hold our sons to a higher standard than we do now. again,this is my person opinion based on how i have seen some fathers and even mothers parent their children differently.
People will have sex no matter what.
We are, after all, animals.
Sex is one of the most basic aspcts of all animals.
You're not going to stop it.

And really, what does it matter to you what someone else chooses to do with their body?
Can I make decisions about your life based on my beliefs?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
But they wouldn't feel guilty about killing the baby? I find that puzzling. A live baby is a lot less to feel guilty about than a dead one.
a. They're not killing a baby (but you know that);
b. There have been numerous threads with linked information showing that most women who abort do not have guilt; those who give born kids up for adoption tend to have guilt.
c. If you were really interested, you could look up valid, not biased, information. It's available.

Welcome to I’m Not Sorry · I'm Not Sorry . Net

Old 12-26-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Some will and some will be discouraged. Which is a victory.

Which is why I drew the line at 15. Since a viable baby can be at 20-21 weeks, or has happened before, setting it at 15 insures no viable baby will be aborted legally.
You don't get to make arbitrary rules about my body.
If you don't want an abortion, then you shouldn't have one.

It's not viable if it can't live without heroic measures.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm pro innocent life. A person who wants to abort a baby isn't innocent. Is this hard to see?
What is "innocent" in your opinion? Be specific and explain why a fetus who isn't born yet is more "innocent" than a woman with a life in this world who does not want to be pregnant.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
You are living proof that ignorance is bliss. By the way, show me the tiniest bit of proof that there is no God. And, I do have proof there is a God. Another thing, I am not trying in the least bit to force my beliefs on you or anyone else. Go to Saudi Arabia or a few of those other countries if you want to know what "force" looks like. I am pretty sure Satan is offended by Jesus.
Oh Wow!!
Millions have been waiting to hear this!
If it's off topic in this thread, please give us the proof over on the religion board.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 AM

464 posts, read 479,449 times
Why are people conveniently glancing over my post?

DECREE 770

You cant ignore history!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
This is horrible and I hesitate to even post this, but, if it could change even one heart or save even one life. I guess I will post this, click on it if you want or skip it.

ABORTION IS MURDER - Proof Abortion Is Murder!
Those pictures mean absolutely NOTHING without verified documentation. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

How old were they? Obviously well past the time limit on abortion on demand.

Were they aborted to save the life of the mother?

Were they aborted legally? Or were they the result of ILLEGAL abortions?

Were they aborted in the United States?

Were they even aborted at all.....or were they stillbirths?

Were they already dead when removed from the mother's body?

Were they what was left after the mother herself was killed in an accident, or collateral damage of war?

And then there is the FACT that it is ALREADY ILLEGAL in this country to abort fetuses at that stage of development unless it is to save the life of the mother...............so what exactly are you whining about?

Sorry, we are just not as gullible as you would like us to be........too bad for you.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
a. They're not killing a baby (but you know that);
b. There have been numerous threads with linked information showing that most women who abort do not have guilt; those who give born kids up for adoption tend to have guilt.
c. If you were really interested, you could look up valid, not biased, information. It's available.

Welcome to I’m Not Sorry · I'm Not Sorry . Net
Fact: All humans start as an embryo. You and I started as human embryos. This is the beginning stage of a particular human life. It's a human embryo. Therefore a human is killed. Someone with their whole life ahead of them has their life cut short at the whim of someone else. It is tiny and it is helpless. It counts on kindness from others only to be ripped apart and have it's life ended.

I'm aware that some who abort feel no guilt. It saddens me that our race has become so cold hearted. It's all about ME ME ME...No one else counts. However, I disagree on most. If any other medical procedure had the kind of negative psychological repercussions that abortion does, it would be illegal to protect the mother. From what I've read, well over half of women who abort do feel guilt. A significant portion to the extent that it, severely, impacts their lives.

If I live to be 100 I will never forget the phone call I got in August of 1978. It was a high school friend I'd lost touch with. She was drunk and all she could say, through her tears, was "Today is the day the would be baby should have been born". Once she crossed the due date, she had to deal with the ghost child who wasn't because of her decision to kill it. I've seen the aftermath and it ain't pretty if you're not cold hearted. If you are cold hearted, congratulations on feeling nothing for the child you killed but many women live with a ghost child. Probably more than those who admit it.

My friend's story has a happy ending though. After years of torment, she stopped her own daughter from repeating her mistake (literally stopped her en route to the abortionist). That grand daughter stands in the place of the ghost child now. She is the light of her life. August no longer reduces my friend to a puddle of tears.

I have read data on both sides and I'm convinced that, for many women, there are two victims of the abortion. I beleive a human life ends when it is aborted. I know that pregnancy is a temporary condition and all you have to do is wait 9 months and the parasite will vacate the premesis and you never have to look at it again. I find it sad that so many hate a tiny developing human so much they'd rather kill it. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not a person. It is a person. A particular person. A person just as deserving of life as you are. Yes, it's in an early developmental stage but so what? You once were too. This is a bridge we all crossed to get where we are and we all know if our mothers had aborted us, they would have taken our lives away. That is the definition of murder. Taking the life of another. Any way you try to twist this, that is what abortion does. It ends one person's life at the hands of another. Just because they're bigger, already past that developmental stage and can do so. I find it sad that a human life is worth so little.

Abortion should be safe, legal and very rarely used. It is only needed in the case where the mother's life is in danger and that is the rare abortion performed today. Most are performed because the mother just wants the developing baby killed.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 12-26-2012 at 05:43 AM..

Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What is "innocent" in your opinion? Be specific and explain why a fetus who isn't born yet is more "innocent" than a woman with a life in this world who does not want to be pregnant.
A very small % of women who have an unwanted pregnancy got pregnant without voluntarily performing the act causing pregnancy. It's a fact that most of those pregnancies are among women who had bc but didn't use it properly or women who chose to not use bc. Not to take away a woman's fun, but there's always the dreaded 10 letter 'A' word if she really, Really 'does not want to be pregnant.'

I don't think 'innocent' is the right word to use for the fetus because it implies the woman is 'guilty.' Maybe better words are the fetus had no choice, the woman had choice. Or the fetus was not responsible for its existence, the woman and her sexmate were. Or 'helpless,' while the woman wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just responding to your question. A woman can have 1, 5, 10 abortions for all I care and I'm willing to pay higher insurance premiums to help pay. But it's rather obvious that in Most cases the fetus and woman have completely different levels of 'innocence' for their condition.

Last edited by jazzarama; 12-26-2012 at 06:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies