Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
thanks for asking annie . I work with an adoption agency that does just that. counseling before and as long after as they need.
This was why I inquire at these abortion clinics do they offer counseling for these woman? I can not tell on planned parent hood site if they do or do not offer counseling
And what about the woman who has a child she never wanted in the first place?

Should she get free counseling too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
But they wouldn't feel guilty about killing the baby? I find that puzzling. A live baby is a lot less to feel guilty about than a dead one.
Because abortion does not kill a BABY.

A fetus the size of a prune IS NOT A BABY.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And what about the woman who has a child she never wanted in the first place?

Should she get free counseling too?
I am sure there would be agencies that might not be free but would provide services at a level she could afford. If she did not want the child then she could use adoption where a reputable adoption care agency would provide what she needed. The problem I see with abortion is the clinics seem to to the job then send the woman adrift on their own. I hope they know they can get counseling if they need it. Not all woman are so strong as to terminate and feel nothing

Old 12-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:

an abortion does end the life of a growing developing being made up of human DNA that is uniquely their own. From conception all humans have their own separate set of DNA and a set of cells that is growing and changing based on that DNA.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
[quote=chronic65;27484362]You are living proof that ignorance is bliss. By the way, show me the tiniest bit of proof that there is no God. And, I do have proof there is a God. Another thing, I am not trying in the least bit to force my beliefs on%

Old 12-25-2012, 06:02 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:

It is a human. A tiny human but a human none the less. This is how human lives start. It is the beginning of a particular human life. Each and every one of us started this way. Post conception, there is no miracle. All you need is someone to let you live long enough to be born.

It's a human being killed. It's not a cat, or a cow or a wart being removed. It's a human life.

Just because it's smaller than you doesn't make it less than you.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
an abortion does end the life of a growing developing being made up of human DNA that is uniquely their own. From conception all humans have their own separate set of DNA and a set of cells that is growing and changing based on that DNA.
Just because an organism posses its own DNA does not give it rights that trump those of its host.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Just because an organism posses its own DNA does not give it rights that trump those of its host.
If a human life is not worth 9 months of inconvencience, what is it worth? I've been pregnant twice and I can tell you it's not the end of the world. For most of the pregnancy, you go about your business as usual. You just have to buy bigger clothes as time goes on. Of course the end is a PITA but you recover in a few weeks. Why isn't a human life worth the inconvenience?

And the DNA in question is HUMAN DNA. We are talking about a particular person here. A person with a whole life ahead of them if only their mother would have let them live.

Why does the wants of the mother trump the right to live of the baby? Life is the one irreplacable commodity in this universe. Once lost, it can never be replaced. What gives any one of us the right to decide that someone else should lose their life because we said so?

Given that the baby has more years to live, it should trump the desires of its host. Life trumps inconvenience any day of the week. Life is something precious. Pregnancy is temporary. Death is permanent. So yes, the right of the baby to life trumps the mother's desire to not be pregnant. All you have to do is wait 9 months and mom gets her body back and the baby gets its life.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I agree with you to a point we all are organisms right now you are an organism as I type I am an organism as we all are. We each have a set of DNA equally our own.All of our cells are changing . So does another organism has the right to trump me?

Old 12-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I agree with you to a point we all are organisms right now you are an organism as I type I am an organism as we all are. We each have a set of DNA equally our own.All of our cells are changing . So does another organism has the right to trump me?
Only if it's bigger than you and declares you a parasite first...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies