Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Oh boy, are YOU in the dark ages! I think YOU must learn to adjust to today's society. That just ain't gonna happen. That comment is actually funny. I can't believe that you're serious.
I dont even understand why you wrote this comment. No where in it did i deny what is happening.

also, i cant tell if you are being funny or serious by saying i should adjust to stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 03:08 PM

464 posts, read 479,645 times
DECREE 770

Look it up and learn from it. Then come back and tell us if you still think force preganacies is a good idea!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:11 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
how old are you? guess not old enough to remember the many women that died because they were so desperate to not be pregnant they self inflicted an abortion with coat hangers, or fell down stairs or took chemicals to induce and abortions.

gun control has nothing to do with this topic at all. FYI... I do not believe in banning guns.

abortion is not murder. again your "solution" is not the least bit realistic. our prisons are over crowded now and you want to jail women who have the right to privacy just like a man for running her life as she sees fit? what about the man that is the other half of the equation, does he go to jail too?
What stats do you have on how many women died by self afflicted abortions

Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
DECREE 770

Look it up and learn from it. Then come back and tell us if you still think force preganacies is a good idea!
I see what you mean, the Commies messed the whole thing up. Thanks for the tip!!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Because you don't have the right to take the life of another because of your beliefs any more than anyone else has the right to take yours because of their beliefs. Your rights stop where the rights of the next person begin. None of us should have the right to take another life unless it is in self defense.

Pregnancy is a temporary condition. All you have to do is wait 9 months. If a human life is not worth 9 months of inconvenience, what is it worth?
But here's my point, I don't believe there is life prior to VIABLE BIRTH, so I believe differently than you do and you have no right to infringe upon my beliefs they are just as valid as yours. So again...it's real simple you don't believe in abortion...fine..don't have one, I do and what I chose to do should remain between me and my doctor and no one else. Each woman should be allowed to make her own choices...that's why it's called pro-choice.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:28 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I disagree, i think society can learn that, or at the least, learn to use protection. I personal belief is that we have tried to teach our girls to be little angels while telling our sons to be dogs encouraging them to have sex at a young age. thats like having 2 dogs that fight every time they see them but then chaining one up and letting the other one run free as if that solved the problem.

I believe we can change that in our society. It may be tough, but i rather us try than not. Before Abortion was illegal, we saw both mother and child die in back alleys. We dont need to go back to that time. We need to educate and hold our sons to a higher standard than we do now. again,this is my person opinion based on how i have seen some fathers and even mothers parent their children differently.
We are animals. We should not be shocked that we behave as animals. We have an animal's instincts. They are very powerful and logic and education will not always win out when it comes to a power struggle between the two.

We would not be having this conversation or this problem if it could be solved by logical means. That's why we keep arguing the same points back and forth. It may be that each side just have different metabolisms, some requiring sex more than others. This is why abortion must be an individual choice. Sex itself is a highly individual thing.

I'll tell you, if I had a son or daughter, married or not, and they were having a kid that ONE of the partners did not want I would encourage them to abort. We are overpopulated and there are still too many children who are not wanted, who are inadequately cared for by parents without means or personal insight or mental stability.

You probably are aware of this, but the lower crime rate in this country can be traced as having been started about seventeen years after abortions were legalized. The highest likelihood of crime is a single parent raising a male child.

Abortion is good for the country and good for the world. We should not look upon it with archaic religiosity, but with new eyes, eyes opened to the facts of the situation.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
We are animals. We should not be shocked that we behave as animals. We have an animal's instincts. They are very powerful and logic and education will not always win out when it comes to a power struggle between the two.

We would not be having this conversation or this problem if it could be solved by logical means. That's why we keep arguing the same points back and forth. It may be that each side just have different metabolisms, some requiring sex more than others. This is why abortion must be an individual choice. Sex itself is a highly individual thing.

I'll tell you, if I had a son or daughter, married or not, and they were having a kid that ONE of the partners did not want I would encourage them to abort. We are overpopulated and there are too many children who are not wanted.

You probably are aware of this, but the lower crime rate in this country can be traced as having been started about seventeen years after abortions were legalized. The highest likelihood of crime is a single parent raising a male child.

Abortion is good for the country and good for the world. We should not look upon it with archaic religiosity, but with new eyes, eyes opened to the facts of the situation.

causation and correlation do not go hand and hand all the time.

a more reputable reasoning would be the spike in availability of drugs, guns, etc....

and abortion should be a tool of last resort, not one to control population. How about we try teaching first just to see if it works

Old 12-25-2012, 03:50 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

causation and correlation do not go hand and hand all the time.

a more reputable reasoning would be the spike in availability of drugs, guns, etc....

and abortion should be a tool of last resort, not one to control population. How about we try teaching first just to see if it works
Guns and drugs have been available for a very long time. Decreased numbers of male children have not.

Of course, no one wants abortion to be the primary means of birth control. A person should use the least invasive methods first.

I think doctors should not give men and women a tough time when they want to be sterilized at a young age. I don't know where they get off substituting their morality and wishes for those of their patients.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Guns and drugs have been available for a very long time. Decreased numbers of male children have not.

Of course, no one wants abortion to be the primary means of birth control. A person should use the least invasive methods first.

I think doctors should not give men and women a tough time when they want to be sterilized at a young age. I don't know where they get off substituting their morality and wishes for those of their patients.
I dont think single family house holds began appearing in the 1960's either, but as i said a more plausible reasoning for the increase is the increase in the availbility of drugs and guns.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:

Doesn't make sense, does it?

At 18 you can decide to enlist in the service......make a decision that could cause severe, permanent disability, even death...........but you can't make the decision to get sterilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies