Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
And we have ultimate power to do what we want with people's actions. Abortion is a procedure and procedures can be ultimately banned. Like it was before. Is this hard to grasp?
Being pregnant is not like going to a shop and buying something. It's nothing to compare and you only look foolish trying. There is no controlling someones physical body unless you lock them up and I think that's already "banned" unless you are a menace to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm "ok" knowing there are tons of horrible things going on right now to children and adults in this world that I can't do anything to stop. I don't obsess over it because it would cripple me in life.
But you'd be okay allowing a lax procedure for deciding a death penalty as long as only 1.4% innocent people were executed every year?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
But you'd be okay allowing a lax procedure for deciding a death penalty as long as only 1.4% innocent people were executed every year?
You are obsessing about taxes and about situations you know nothing about. You don't know there isn't a problem with these "innocent" potential beings or with the mother physical health. You just like fantasizing about it and that's a sign of a problem right there.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Being pregnant is not like going to a shop and buying something. It's nothing to compare and you only look foolish trying. There is no controlling someones physical body.
Yes there is. Getting an abortion is getting a procedure and those can be banned just as easy (in fact easier) than getting a gun. We ban actions all the time. For example you can't murder someone. And as much as you want to pretend it's only your body, well it really isn't. There is a baby in there and society has a right to protect that to the best we deem fit.

Again how hard is it to grasp? Do you think the period before Roe V Wade was a dream?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 AM

18 posts, read 11,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because they are not babies. They don't count. The courts said so.

I see plenty logic in this illogical country.
You want an abortion, it's not a baby.
You want government support when pregnant then it's a baby.
As cruel as it sounds and I know it is truly cruel thing to say, most of the babies aborted are future voting democrats. All our problems can be seen in a simple overview of the political map.

I have not seen an accurate determination of the percentage of land mass that is blue but I would say a very small proportion.

There are three basic problems in this country that can be described as follows. America is like a slobbering harlot being gang raped by Mexicans and pretending to like it. The black suits in Washington are the harlots pimp. The academics are the harlots mouth moaning do me do me do me.

The Latino vote that delivered Obama was essentially an over throw of American identity. The final nail in the coffin of traditional America. These people are no more American than a Chinaman walking in red square as we speak. Shame to the idiots that voted for a mail box delivery of sustenance instead of voting to support the greatest country and system of idealism to ever inhabit the earth.

A nation of kings have elected to become a nation of paupers, happy sailors dancing on a sinking ship. The freeloader secularist academics have sold you a sack of sh.t. Wear it well fool!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Yes there is. Getting an abortion is getting a procedure and those can be banned just as easier (in fact easier) than getting a gun. We ban actions all the time. For example you can't murder someone. And as much as you want to pretend it's only your body, well it really isn't. There is a baby in there and society has a right to protect that to the best we deem fit.

Again how hard is it to grasp? Do you think the period before Roe V Wade was a dream?
Guns are more like liquor, we can regulate. We have no power to regulate bodily functions.

Foolish.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You are obsessing about taxes and about situations you know nothing about. You don't know there isn't a problem with these "innocent" potential beings or with the mother physical health. You just like fantasizing about it and that's a sign of a problem right there.
It's funny how you're being willfully ignorant trying to win a point. Links were already posted where abortion doctors have been tried for murder. Why do you think they were tried for murder?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Guns are more like liquor, we can regulate. We have no power to regulate bodily functions.

Foolish.
A bodily function is like taking a dump. But yes we can and regulate that. For example you can't take a dump in a public building unless it's in a bathroom.

But how is abortion a bodily function?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Foolish.
We're regulating abortion now. Did you miss those regulations that states have slowly been putting up?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:31 AM

It's also funny to me that when people kill pregnant women they're often tried for double homicide. That of the mother and the unborn baby. Scott Petersen comes to mind. When the mother could get an abortion.

Double standards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies