Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Please submit proof that there isn't a teapot orbiting Saturn. Unfair, you say? It's on me to present evidence of said teapot? Well, then perhaps it's on you to present evidence of a god, no?
There are millions of teapots orbiting the sun as the earth orbits the sun

Edit: Oops, I read that as the sun. Bad eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Ridiculous. Some of the most violent countries are very religious (central and South America, much of Africa). Meanwhile you have countless atheist countries that are less violent than the US (think Europe).

Even here in the US, the most violent states are religious and the least violent are less religious.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You say that now... but if you had an assault rifle shoved in your face.... like the teachers did in that school.... you might be praying to God... not to get shot...

Please submit proof that there is no God...thanks..
When you say statements like that you just come off as uneducated. You should know burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. Prove that Zeus doesn't exist. Prove that Thor doesn't exist. Prove that the thousands of other gods that have been believed in over the last few thousand years don't exist.

You're almost as atheistic as I am. You don't believe in thousands of gods, without having any proof that they don't exist. The only reason you believe in the Christian God is you raised by Christians, or you grew up in a Christian culture, or in most cases, both. If you grew up in Iran, you'd believe in the Muslim version of your god. If you lived in Norse Scandinavia, you'd believe in Thor.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh, no. Not at all. God loves abortions. Almost 2/3rds of all fertilized eggs either fail to implant or spontaneously miscarry. So, God makes human abortionists look like pikers, since He is responsible for some 8 million every year in the US alone.
Sure - but that's where the god-fearing members of the populace argue that free will comes into play. You see, free will is very convenient when the results of an action only affect oneself. Somehow, the effect a person's free will has on others is never accounted for.

Like so much that has to do with faith, there is absolutely no logic involved.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Would you like another? Since this God character created everything, why did God create evil?
And another: Why does God allow innocent children to suffer violent, horrifying deaths the world over then allow people like Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, Bin Laden, etc to live? And not only live but prosper and be powerful!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And another: Why does God allow innocent children to suffer violent, horrifying deaths the world over then allow people like Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, Bin Laden, etc to live? And not only live but prosper and be powerful!
Birds of a feather,etc.....?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think it may be time for you to hire someone to read and interpret things you read and want to answer to. Yes, I did attempt to say what atheists would be saying along with some wavering Christians trying to apply the seeming absence of God from that school that day. I guess you failed to see where I said that God was there in the persons of those women who tried to stop the slaughter with their bare hands. I was referring to the fact that people who want to kill bunches of others know they are safe in gun free zones. When did that madman kill himself? Why just as the police arrived with their guns. He knew they wouldn't come running in unarmed so he just did the trick, himself.

The God that I pray to, daily, is not one that punishes anyone but a forgiving God who forgives all the time. I really wonder if you have read all the atheist crap in this thread and it affected you.
I think you are contradicting yourself above ^^^. So then EXACTLY what did you and Huckabee mean when you said that the school which did not have daily prayer by the children each day, and the fact that we do not teach about the Christian "God" in our schools was the reason that gunman was able to kill all those people? So which is it, Roy, that "God" had been "pushed out" of our schools because we are a nation which honors and respects a SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE that the concept is in our U.S. Constitution, or that the elementary school was a "gun free zone"?

Do you think that EVERYONE who does not believe in the Christian God exactly as you do is an atheist? Do you think there are no other spiritual paths or disciplines in the world other than YOURS? Oh, I forgot. It seems that you think everyone is either a Christian, atheist or Muslim.....certainly you can widen your perspective. I think it's possible Jung's description of the collective unconscious is what we think of and call "god."

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 12-18-2012 at 08:27 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
27 pages later and this still hasn't been moved to the appropriate forum? Well then why even have a religion forum if this sort of whackery is allowed to fester here?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
27 pages later and this still hasn't been moved to the appropriate forum? Well then why even have a religion forum if this sort of whackery is allowed to fester here?
I vote we create a forum for people with complaints about what posts should or should not be moved to forums they prefer they be moved/not be moved to. And when that forum is created, I will suggest that your post be moved to that appropriate forum, right along with this post I'm making right here, though I will request that my post be a "sticky" at the very top of the forum.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The conspiracy forum would be a better fit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies