Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It all comes down to removing our ability to defend ourselves against tyranny.
Got news for ya: No matter how many guns you might have, law enforcement will have twenty times that number, and twenty times the number of people gunning for you.

In a battle of us versus them, they ALSO have around half the populace on their side, and some who want a police state that can perform cavity searches at will (See: Tea Party)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would say that what we have seen is more a threat of anharcay than any polioce state. I mean when we have to have police in schools because of violenece and we have repeat offenders and mentaql patients time after time beig able to carry out those threats and repeat crimes ;quite the opposite of a police state.I think anyome who live prior to the mId 60's realises what the peace movemnt brought about is reall less respect ofr outr laws and more of whatever turns you on;no matter the violence it really is.

Yes and no. In this case these cops did this because of marijuana laws, I don't think marijuana is a drug that warrents this kind of treatment, frankly it should be legalized. If people are driving while using, it should be classified as a DUI just like alcohol.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Got news for ya: No matter how many guns you might have, law enforcement will have twenty times that number, and twenty times the number of people gunning for you.

In a battle of us versus them, they ALSO have around half the populace on their side, and some who want a police state that can perform cavity searches at will (See: Tea Party)
Lunacy on the march. The small gov't faction is responsible for big gov't abuse. And furthermore we should just acquiesce to roadside molestation of females because they've got us outgunned. I hope you are just trolling.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would say that what we have seen is more a threat of anharcay than any polioce state. I mean when we have to have police in schools because of violenece and we have repeat offenders and mentaql patients time after time beig able to carry out those threats and repeat crimes ;quite the opposite of a police state.I think anyome who live prior to the mId 60's realises what the peace movemnt brought about is reall less respect ofr outr laws and more of whatever turns you on;no matter the violence it really is.
The problem is the police state. After the big crime waves in the 60s and 70s, politicians wanted to look tough on crime in order to get and stay elected. What better way to be "tough" on crime than to increase jail sentences, introduce mandatory minimum sentencing, etc? Surely nobody would want to commit a crime if it cost them their freedom for the rest of their life. Unfortunately, that's not how the human mind works. It's not always rational. Our current prison system is much more focused on punishment than on rehabilitation, so you do 10 years and then come out with no skills, a 10 year employment gap on your resume, possibly drug addiction... what the hell else are you going to turn to except crime?

Not to mention the privatization of prisons has become a big money maker. When there's money to be made in locking up humans, people are going to find the best way to lock up as many of 'em as possible.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:

Got news for ya; There are more of us than them. There are millions of Americans who have millions of guns and who will not put up with a police state.

And more news; The people of Afghanistan have proven that people defending their homeland can whip invaders regardless of who they are.

Yes, the 2nd amendment is for our protection from government. A government that knows they cannot disarm the public is a government that can be controlled.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:41 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:

A skilled woodsman could elude capture indefinitely and slowly pick off targets. There are countless examples. Heard of Troy Knapp at all?

Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Lunacy on the march. The small gov't faction is responsible for big gov't abuse. And furthermore we should just acquiesce to roadside molestation of females because they've got us outgunned. I hope you are just trolling.
He is.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
He is.
Yeah, you're right. What is it that motivates people to reach ever greater heights of stupidity????

Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Okay, it looks bad, but we are only seeing one side of the story.
Yes, that's true. But we do have the video.

Quote:
We are also having a huge drought and throwing out a cigarette butt is beyond inexcusible, what were they thinking?
Nobody is defending their throwing of cigarette butts. But littering does not call for any kind of body search at all.

Quote:
I'm sorry but that wasn't a full cavity search either, we don't know how far that went.
You don't need gloves to search somebody's skin. Gloves are for cavity searches.

Quote:
Same pair of gloves? Eek, if true. Why didn't they just call in the canine unit? Why not haul their butts to jail and do the search there? There is nothing worse than a crooked cop, but I'm not quite ready to jump to that conclusion yet. I'd like to see all the evidence.
I would like to see all the evidence too, but based on what we have, these cops should be fired.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
In essence it is rape.
It was Rape, Institutionalized Rape by the police. You stick your ffying finger it a womans but and Vagina what the hell are you going to call it! Imagine what would happen if that was a film of our military doing something like that to some Muslim women in Afganistan. If You or me did that to any woman we would be serving time in prison! That Bttch cop should be doing hard time and her partner should be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies