Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
And what about the Bush daughters?

The Secret Service had to keep surveillance on their cars because they would try to ditch the SS and cost the taxpayers millions in their 8 years as "first daughters".

Also, the taxpayers paid for Jenna to go bar-hopping in Mexico.
So quit with your phony outrage. We all know the reason why you constantly post these trolling threads and nobody is buying it. Get over the black man with the silly name being YOUR PRESIDENT. I didn't vote for him either, but I'm not complaining about something that has happened under every single president since nutjobs like you started making threats on the lives of the presidents and their families.

And why aren't you singing the praises of Chelsea Clinton? According to the Secret Service, she was the "best first child".
This thread isn't about the protection given to every first family.

It is about why the loony left denies such protection to schoolchildren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So you want the Federal Government to tell the Local Government what to do?
Nope - I want the chief executive of this republic to not be a hypocrite.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
And what about the Bush daughters?

The Secret Service had to keep surveillance on their cars because they would try to ditch the SS and cost the taxpayers millions in their 8 years as "first daughters".

Also, the taxpayers paid for Jenna to go bar-hopping in Mexico.
So quit with your phony outrage. We all know the reason why you constantly post these trolling threads and nobody is buying it. Get over the black man with the silly name being YOUR PRESIDENT. I didn't vote for him either, but I'm not complaining about something that has happened under every single president since nutjobs like you started making threats on the lives of the presidents and their families.

And why aren't you singing the praises of Chelsea Clinton? According to the Secret Service, she was the "best first child".
Interesting links. Thanks for posting them.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The Koch brothers actually have a private school that they established here in West Palm Beach, The Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches.

I'm pretty sure they don't have armed guards there.
"In most cases, private schools, such as the new Oxbridge Academy in suburban West Palm Beach, employ private security guards"

Private schools in Palm Beach County add to security in wake... | www.palmbeachpost.com

Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
They say, Do what I tell u to do, not what I do."

All the cries of "hypocricy" and "do as I say, not as I do," reflect a severe inability to think rationally, as well as a complete deficit in capacity for logic.

None of the gun nuts on this board, and 99% of those in the NRA will ever need the level of security or protection that the PRESIDENT needs, by virtue of his office.

You are not a constant international and domestic target. Your family is not threatened on a daily basis with death threats and kidnapping.

All calls for "banning" gun access also usually do not include security personnel, public AND private, and if you want to pay for private school to send your kids to with 1 guard for every child, and you have the means to do so, then go for it. (At those odds though, I'd bet on at least one guard going apesh** himself).

Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 AM

990 posts, read 940,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
The Presidents daughters are no more important than any other girls in the country.
Actually, they are.
Jenna and Barbara were too.
As was Chelsea.

They are prime targets for terrorists, criminals and nutjobs. They are public figures and are targets for every crazed lunatic in the world who wants to get back at America. If my teenaged cousin is kidnapped and held hostage, it's not really a big deal to people that aren't connected to her. If Sasha Obama is kidnapped and held hostage, it's going to be a major international incident and could even start a war.

If you can't see the difference between the first family and your own, you're simply braindead.

Why do you people always choose such innane and idiotic things to be outraged about?
Even if the 11 security guards were all highly-paid secret service agents, we'd be spending at most $1,500,000/yr on them. Hmmm, the military budget that you dolts are so unwilling to cut is $700,000,000,000. So until you people can come to grips with the fact that the military is merely the world's most bloated welfare program, you can't complain about a dime of spending. Not one dime.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When did Obama call for a ban on all guns?
I am leery of people who trumpet their mode of employment.

I once had to deal with a customer who right up front in her e-mail said that she was a financial planner.

If this woman was capable of doing simple math - she would have never contacted us with her "complaint".

Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
All calls for "banning" gun access also usually do not include security personnel, public AND private, and if you want to pay for private school to send your kids to with 1 guard for every child, and you have the means to do so, then go for it. (At those odds though, I'd bet on at least one guard going apesh** himself).
In other words - the 20 children and 6 faculty in Newtown, CT weren't worthy of protection because they didn't pay for it?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times
Quote:
The Koch brothers actually have a private school that they established here in West Palm Beach, The Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches.

I'm pretty sure they don't have armed guards there.
Actually it's just Bill Koch who owns it and it's a Private School meaning they can do whatever they want to do with tuition.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This thread isn't about the protection given to every first family.

It is about why the loony left denies such protection to schoolchildren.
Many public schools have armed Police within their schools. It's decided at the local school district level and paid for via local taxes.

Most universities have armed security, including Columbine and NIU.

What no public school has is a ratio of 1/102 armed guards to student body.

Most rational parents do not want to arm teachers and custodians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies