Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaComm View Post
o please dont get me wrong ive read the entire thing and i see some very astute persons its just that handfull that makes me smile not trying to troll trying to comprehend the ignorance of those.
I would say that you're not immune from that qualification either. So instead of professing the idea of a collective, of which you clearly advertise to be a part of (voluntarily or otherwise), stick with making the best argument you can, so we can have a discussion on the subject. That wouldn't be trolling, or an invitation for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,325,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
We are already paying hundreds of thousands of people to be in the U.S. military. So why not put them to better use here at home when they are not overseas fighting? What better use than protecting our nation's children?
It's not that simple and it would add to the federal budget which is already hotly contested for what to cut. They'd have to set up criteria for testing and judging which soldiers have the right personalities and temperament for being around children all day long. Then they'd have to be tested/interviewed. Deployment and tracking of military personal that would be serving two-by-two across our schools would require more supervision than keeping track of an entire unit all going to the same place. The logistics would be a nightmare. And for all those suggesting volunteers including arming teachers would be a better way to go, my answer to that is: George Zimmerman.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:21 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
In harms way of what? The .00000001% chance that a school shooting may occur?
Ms. Soto at Sandy Hook Elementary certainly was in harms way.

So was Mr. Sanderson at Columbine High School.

I only cited them because I don't think that it is neccesary for me to list every faculty member killed in a a school shooting to demonstrate that teachers are in harms way everyday that they walk into the school.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM

70 posts, read 106,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Unless/until a teacher goes crazy and shoots up the class. Or until a faculty dispute erupts into violence and some disgruntled teacher turns a gun on a co-worker. Or until a teacher is fired and decides to take it out on everyone else.

Those scenarios are more likely than another random Adam Lanza walking into an elementary school.
The teacher goes crazy???? i dont think that the presence of a gun would make a teacher lose their mind, if they are going to snap they will use anything and everything hell they will prob come in with the gun in the morning...who checks the teachers??

Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,430,172 times
Quote:
The teacher goes crazy???? i dont think that the presence of a gun would make a teacher lose their mind, if they are going to snap they will use anything and everything hell they will prob come in with the gun in the morning...who checks the teachers??

The presence of the gun doesn't make someone go crazy.

The presence of the gun makes the consequences of bouts of crazy more dangerous.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Again. Logic and critical thinking evades people like you.

If I'm gunned down at the beach because a madman decides to go on a rampage, it will not follow that all beaches should then have armed guards patrolling to protect the beachgoing public.

Since gun violence can happen anywhere and does happen everywhere, from clothing stores to doctor's offices, city streets to subways, restaurants to public busses, we cannot have armed guards everywhere in this country. So, you divert and utilize resources where they are NEEDED based on LIKELIHOOD of victimization and TARGET potential for political, terrorist and security vulnerability purposes.

Maybe the United States should pay for an armed guard outside of every private home in America, to deter home invasions which take the lives of more people each year than the 26 killed at Newtown.
In other words - the lives of schoolchildren are not a priority for you and your ilk.

You would rather pursue the ineffective route of banning guns.

Nevermind that guns don't do anything unless a person uses them.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ms. Soto at Sandy Hook Elementary certainly was in harms way.

So was Mr. Sanderson at Columbine High School.

I only cited them because I don't think that it is neccesary for me to list every faculty member killed in a a school shooting to demonstrate that teachers are in harms way everyday that they walk into the school.

Idiocy.

Every single victim of crime "is or was" in harm's way when they stepped outside of their home.

Indeed, many are "in harms way" IN THEIR OWN HOME.

Where does your illogical train of thought make its last stop?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,946,505 times
Quote:
First, its against our policies to negotiate with terrorists so it doesnt matter whos kid gets taken. Second, do u think befor you type or do u just throw **** at the wall to see what sticks?
You don't think the President or any other parent would do whatever they have to in order to save their child? It may be the Country's policy but that doesn't mean it's going to be the President's if their child is kidnapped.

BTW the concept of not negotiating with terrorists is out the window. The current Administration has negotiated with The Taliban. Regan negotiated with Iran. The Bush admin bribed Sunni "insurgent" leaders to stop bombing our troops and fight against Al-Queda.

The US negotiates with terrorists. A father, regardless of their position would most likely do the same.

70 posts, read 106,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I would say that you're not immune from that qualification either. So instead of professing the idea of a collective, of which you clearly advertise to be a part of (voluntarily or otherwise), stick with making the best argument you can, so we can have a discussion on the subject. That wouldn't be trolling, or an invitation for that.
Will do, my point was simple, A few selected faculty members to be armed all day, they would pass a psychological eval and would have already shown their intent on the protection of your children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
In other words - the lives of schoolchildren are not a priority for you and your ilk.

You need to stop saying "in other words" because I think you've demonstrated a severe deficiency in thought process, reading comprehension and critical thinking that you should take pains not to attribute to anyone else.

How about armed guards at every playground and the zoo? Or heck, the Toys-R-Us? Antwhere where children are, armed guns need to be because if you don't support that you hate children and do not value their lives!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies