Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is carry permit public information, or is the paper getting the information.
In NY CCW's are severely restricted and you need a license to own a handgun even if it never leaves your home. This list is anyone that owns a handgun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not what I asked and is a lame argument. They don't need to do that in NY, they just go to house that is on the list. If someone goes to house on this list and steals a gun and kills someone with it this newspaper has blood on it's hands.

Can you give me a single valid reason why this information should be public?

If someone uses this list to find out where to steal guns and those weapons are used in the next massacre what's your thoughts on that?
That person should of better secured their guns. Now you guys are afraid of people stealing your guns? How are you able to leave the house everyday living in such fear?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That person should of better secured their guns.
That is not the question I asked, the question is if someone uses this list to find out where to steal guns and they are used in the next massacre (or any crime for that matter) what are your thoughts on that?

This is not a far fetched question at all. If I'm seeking guns to steal certainly the place to start is list of people that own guns.

My second question is what benefit is there to anyone publishing this list?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
In NY CCW's are severely restricted and you need a license to own a handgun even if it never leaves your home. This list is anyone that owns a handgun.
So, the CCW is public information? I have a carry licence, but I was not aware that it was public information. Not that I care, but I didn't know.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That person should of better secured their guns. Now you guys are afraid of people stealing your guns? How are you able to leave the house everyday living in such fear?
Surely you wouldnt mind posting your home address, name and phone number on these forums right?

If not, why do you live in such fear?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Ridiculous. I vehemently disagree with the paper doing this. What a crock.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Default NY Paper That Printed Hundreds Of Gun Owners Addresses Will Now Publish ALL New York State Gun Owners Like Sex Offender

We should put all males on the list because they are all potential rapists.
We should put all females on the list because they are all potential prostitutes.
We should put all CPAs on the list because they have potential for tax evasion,
We should put all newspaper wiriters, editors, and publishers on the list, they
have the potential to mislead the public with hyperbole instead of facts.

If we could save one life, it will be worth it.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, the CCW is public information? I have a carry licence, but I was not aware that it was public information. Not that I care, but I didn't know.
It depends on your state. This is not a CCW license though, if you own a handgun in NY you're on this list.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Hey you CRIMINALS! Read UP!

Need a nice easy place to knock off? You know to spread the wealth around your way?

In a nice safe GUN FREE ZONE?

None of the people on this map own any guns...

You won't be shot for rape, theft or just plain good old mayhem at these places
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...m&source=embed

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
It depends on your state. This is not a CCW license though, if you own a handgun in NY you're on this list.
On a public list?

All my guns are on a "list" in Florida too, because every time I buy one, they take down the serial number and store it in a database with my name and address. I do not think the list is public though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies