Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM

185 posts, read 159,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Mostly poke, I find it funny when someone says I am leaving a party, but I am gonna still vote for the ones I like in that party.

I tend to agree. I'm equally amused by it. However, I find the partisanship more entertaining. The fact that the parties are just puppets for control freaks escapes them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 PM

510 posts, read 430,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
This sniveling, spineless poser of a conservative, being Speaker of House, from the GOP, is why I left that party. They have no courage - when they are up against the dragon, they cry.
Sorry but if you were hoping that a handful of people in Congress would be able to change the course of American politics you're deluded, not that I don't sympathize with your frustration.

I suggest that you continue voting for the Most Conservative Republicans Possible while also learning from the Progressives and working locally and nationally to break the Progressive's choke hold on our institutions. A lot of quiet, methodical work needs to be done in the next four years.

Pretending that any sort of third party is the answer is silly, since to gain enough votes to make a difference this party would have to compromise it's principals just as much as the Republicans currently do. Change has to come from the people.

The Progressives have grown to understand that their best chance for domination lies in forging the largest, broadest and stupidest Democratic party coalition possible and leveraging their media institutions for total mass-brainwashing domination. They do not vote Green or Independent in significant numbers.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
You keep saying the stupidest things. An independent would naturally vote for members of different parties, on not just a single party.

You really should give it a rest, for your credibility can't take it much longer.
Oh my bad, I didn't know you would vote for other parties. You a supporter of the Green Party or the Constitutional Party, or some other party that will never win office? We all know you will never vote Democrat and will probably just swallow your pride when you vote Republican.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
I tend to agree. I'm equally amused by it. However, I find the partisanship more entertaining. The fact that the parties are just puppets for control freaks escapes them.
Basically, I would love to one day see term limits on Congress and campaign money limits, even to the point of making it a public pool that gives the same amount to each party, but even that comes with negative effects. So in reality, there is no correct way to run a government....though the term limits in Congress would be wonderful, as well as taking away their right to draw their own districts, that is just a stupid idea.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Sorry but if you were hoping that a handful of people in Congress would be able to change the course of American politics you're deluded, not that I don't sympathize with your frustration.

I suggest that you continue voting for the Most Conservative Republicans Possible while also learning from the Progressives and working locally and nationally to break the Progressive's choke hold on our institutions. A lot of quiet, methodical work needs to be done in the next four years.

Pretending that any sort of third party is the answer is silly, since to gain enough votes to make a difference this party would have to compromise it's principals just as much as the Republicans currently do. Change has to come from the people.

The Progressives have grown to understand that their best chance for domination lies in forging the largest, broadest and stupidest Democratic party coalition possible and leveraging their media institutions for total mass-brainwashing domination. They do not vote Green or Independent in significant numbers.
Don't you worry, we progressives are working hard to prevent the far-right from turning our country into some Islamic Country replica with Christianity.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nixon was too the left of Obama, so that is hardly a point in your favor. Supported a national ban on handguns, created the EPA, DEA, Amtrak, etc.

Did you seriously vote for Reagan? I doubt it, but I'm willing to be proved wrong here. It's just that I've seen too many liberals who claim to have been Republicans but are basically 'seminar callers.'
As much as you hate to acknowledge it, your doubts don't alter my voting record.

Quote:
For a conservative who has grown tired of the neo-con stuff, the GOP spending binge of 2000-2006, or the antics of John Boehner, the natural response would seem to be to reform the party from within. If your response is to join the Democrats, it does not quite compute.
My response isn't to "join the Democrats."

My response is to oppose the lunacy that's overtaken the GOP.

Go ahead and do your best to "reform the party from within." The party's reform over the past decade has been to embrace the craziest of the radical religious nutbags.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
GOP freedom?

Lets say there is an island with 100,000 people. One is a billionaire, and the rest are dirt poor. Say they decide they want to be "free" from government. So they decide to let the private sector thrive. The billionaire then buys up all the houses. He buys the the movie theater, coffee shop, newspaper and book store. He buys the water works, the electric company, the train and the bus rout. He doesn't like chewing gum on his trains or buses. He thinks drinking is bad so no property he owns serves alcohol, nor will his trucking companies. To live in his houses you need to keep the look and feel and since the private sector is free, he is free not to rent or sell to anyone. His road construction company doesn't find it profitable to build a road to your house. His cable company doesn't offer channels that offend him.

"Freedom.". All it is is another form of government. That is what government is. Its the biggest gang in town. Our founders made it so you can vote in the biggest gang in town.

What is the GOP going to do about the financial oligarchy who can and will fill the power vacuum?

Wouldn't happen? It did happen.

Letters from Pullman

Letters from Pullman

Nothing rings more true than words written by actual Pullman workers describing their feelings on the town and the company. Trouble was brewing long before the workers exited the main gates. One woman told a reporter in 1886:
One fine morning a number of men...will knock at your door and tell you that they have come to whitewash your house. They will not bother you with questions...but they just go in and do it...all charges for repairs....will be DEDUCTED FROM YOUR WAGES next pay day. You would have liked to wait another week...because you wanted to buy a pair of shoes for your

Another resident put it this way:
Pullman was all very well as an employer, but to live and breathe and have one's being in Pullman was a bit too much. Residents paid rent to the Pullman Company, they bought gas of the Pullman Company, they walked on streets owned in fee simple by the Pullman Company, they paid water-tax to the Pullman Company...They sent their children to Pullman's school, attended Pullman's church, looked at but dared not enter Pullman's hotel with its private bar, for that was the limit. Pullman did not sell them their grog...The lives of the working men were bounded on all sides by the Pullman Company; Pullman was the horizon in every direction.

Tax the rents....Private monopolies are not market systems. They are effective petty governments, and as above an effective government entirely. That is why you must tax the rents because the automatic and easy accumulation of wealth is what destroys market systems.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Don't you worry, we progressives are working hard to prevent the far-right from turning our country into some Islamic Country replica with Christianity.
Christianity is one of the few things that hold this nation together. English is another.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,335 times
I think humility, understanding and tolerance is holding this nation together.

Christianity? Religion? Really? GTFO! If you like to talk to faires and GOD that's fine but he surely ain't in my life.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Oh my bad, I didn't know you would vote for other parties. You a supporter of the Green Party or the Constitutional Party, or some other party that will never win office? We all know you will never vote Democrat and will probably just swallow your pride when you vote Republican.
Listen very carefully. Turn off all distractions and focus.

I will vote for Conservatives when they are on the ballot, and not when they are not. I won't vote for a McCain or other squishes anymore, just because they are GOP.

Instead, I can vote Libertarian or, more likely, just abstain voting that office is there is s squish GOP type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies