Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
it's freedom of religion not freedom from religion. I would have no problem (constitutionally) if the government mandates that every single person become religious as long as every individual has the option of what religion.
I'd choose Judaism then since it's the most gay friendly and gay affirming of all the religions.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Just when you thought you've heard everything from NY Jew he comes out with this gem. Africa is majority gay
you either don't know math or how to read.

since there is more aids cases in Africa amongst heterosexual it skews the numbers even though in Africa gays are 10 times more likely to have aids.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
you either don't know math or how to read.

since there is more aids cases in Africa amongst heterosexual it skews the numbers even though in Africa gays are 10 times more likely to have aids.
I'm a very good reader and very good at math (my training and trade as a chemist requires a very high proficiency in math).

It's pretty nutty that you think there are more gay people in Africa than straight people.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I was born of a Jewish mother & father, and every grandparent is/was Jewish too - and I find his views disgusting as well. What now, NYJew?
you might be Jewish but you practice anti Judaism.

Now since it's almost shabbos I'm going to stop this conversation till afterwards. This is relevant because only who Jews keep shobbos are entailed to opinions about Judaism view of things.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Exclamation Why same-sex "marriage" is not a mortal threat to our civilization

Because same sex couples adopt unwanted babies from heterosexual couples, win/win.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM

717 posts, read 648,035 times
Quote:
you might be Jewish but you practice anti Judaism.

Now since it's almost shabbos I'm going to stop this conversation till afterwards. This is relevant because only who Jews keep shobbos are entailed to opinions about Judaism view of things.
Nope, not even.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"Although MSM [males who have sex with males] represent about 4% of the male population in the United States, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections."

Why are you trying so hard to avoid the obvious fact that HIV/AIDS is far more prevalent in the gay male community than among hetero men. Are you seriously suggesting that the MSM stats are massively skewed by bisexual men ?
Those are the facts, but another pesky fact is that M2M cases are dropping while M2F cases are RISING (rapidly). Why doesn't that concern you more? And what does this have to do with gay marriage? As I and another poster have already said, if HIV is your major issue with homosexual men, one would think that's a good argument FOR allowing them to legally commit. Of course married people cheat too, but it's a lot messier and emotionally harder to cheat on an actual spouse.

(and yes, I realize you didn't bring this up first - I'm just throwing it out as a general statement)

Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
This is relevant because only who Jews keep shobbos are entailed to opinions about Judaism view of things.
That's not very friendly.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If someone wants to do the poop shoot its none of my or your business. A husband can do it to a wife and a wife can do a strap on and do it to a husband, so what? As Rodney Carrington said if you want to hand from a fan and have your wife or husband put a pop bottle up your rear end than knock yourself out. Why do Christians keep putting their nose in other peoples sex? Either they are not getting any them self or they are secretly homosexual and are fighting it. LOL. The same bible that says Men who lay with men are and abomination also says shrimp and clams are and abomination to eat. So go picket a sea food restaurant you idiots.
To be fair, the Orthodox Jews (like NYJew) also treat shellfish as an abomination - but you're right, we never see them picketing seafood restaurants! And please don't lump us non-Orthodox Jews in with them, seeing as the majority of us support SSM.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
it's freedom of religion not freedom from religion. I would have no problem (constitutionally) if the government mandates that every single person become religious as long as every individual has the option of what religion.
No, the freedom of religion has to include the freedom to not be religious. Otherwise it violates the Constitution.

The freedom to have no religion affects only the person, they have the right to have no religion on their own, or a belief system that might not be considered a religion (such as Humanism).

Freedom FROM religion is the desire to not have religion anywhere in one's life, including the right to prevent others from practicing religion in any way around them, even to the mere mention of God. That people can NOT do, because it infringes on the rights of those others.

You really REALLY need to do some reading about how America actually IS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies