Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,950,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Ok, I can't stop laughing... I'm picturing some inept homeowner trying to fend off an armed intruder with a tazer. Really, does this guy realize he would have to be within arms length to taze an intruder?

Yes, good plan, Ace. Get right next to the intruder. Thumbs up.
I suspect you know that your post is a complete lie. The Tasers that Law Enforcement use are good well beyond arms length. They can also go through leather jackets although not reliably. But that's because no one really gives a damn what a Tazer can or cannot do. There aren't huge amounts of R&D money being applied to making Tasers better. Let's admit it, 8 times out of 10 when a cop is going for a weapon, he has a black guy on the business end of it. He has a choice of which weapon to draw. He is drawing the Tazer and there are no legal or other consequences behind that choice. The other two times he draws the Tazer and all ends well for the perp and officer alike. Tazers are more effective than they need to be to protect the small percent of homes where they would be needed. You people don't want them. Bottom line. You want to use deadly force against the ******* who you think must certainly be from that race of people that you spend inordinate amounts of hours fearing. In other countries the intruder is going to look and speak just like you. Killing someone like that takes a real effort of will. Not so when they are "different". That's what fuels gun sales. Most of the time, however, the guns end up being used in very different ways than putting down home invaders or street rapists. Live by the sword, die by the sword. So sad.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,883,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I suspect you know that your post is a complete lie. The Tasers that Law Enforcement use are good well beyond arms length. They can also go through leather jackets although not reliably. But that's because no one really gives a damn what a Tazer can or cannot do. There aren't huge amounts of R&D money being applied to making Tasers better. Let's admit it, 8 times out of 10 when a cop is going for a weapon, he has a black guy on the business end of it. He has a choice of which weapon to draw. He is drawing the Tazer and there are no legal or other consequences behind that choice. The other two times he draws the Tazer and all ends well for the perp and officer alike. Tazers are more effective than they need to be to protect the small percent of homes where they would be needed. You people don't want them. Bottom line. You want to use deadly force against the ******* who you think must certainly be from that race of people that you spend inordinate amounts of hours fearing. In other countries the intruder is going to look and speak just like you. Killing someone like that takes a real effort of will. Not so when they are "different". That's what fuels gun sales. Most of the time, however, the guns end up being used in very different ways than putting down home invaders or street rapists. Live by the sword, die by the sword. So sad.

H
LOL!!! Look at this person, made this entire issue into race.

Clearly this is a post for which CD should have an automatic block filter. Kinda sad, I think this poster was trying to make a coherent point, but lacked the education and writing skills to make it all come together... so, RACISM! LOLOLOL!!!

(as if I have some sort of mechanism controlling what color the person is breaking into my home lol!!)

Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:

H
THE RACE CARD APPEARETH.

I'm surprised it took THIS long to show up.

I've used a gun to defend myself. I'm a white girl. I used it to defend myself against two white guys, both of whom looked and dressed about like my younger brother. (No, I didn't have to shoot either of them -just raising my gun and letting them see that I had it was enough to send them scurrying off like two cockroaches).

I am not going to even be too cognizant of what race a person is if they bust down the door of my house. I frankly don't care. They are going to get shot - period.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:

H
Good lord, talk about mentally unstable...

Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
You mean they don't already know that?
I think some are addicted to the adrenalin rush.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So what? The man broke into her house with a crowbar and came after her AND HER KIDS.

I don't know about you, but as for me personally, I own a gun to protect myself and my family and will use it to do so. Frankly, I'm not overly concerned about the safety and wellbeing of the intruder. The safest intruder for ME and my kids is a DEAD intruder.
The intruder gave up his right to live the moment he entered your home illegally.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,227,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I've used a gun to defend myself. I'm a white girl. I used it to defend myself against two white guys, both of whom looked and dressed about like my younger brother. (No, I didn't have to shoot either of them -just raising my gun and letting them see that I had it was enough to send them scurrying off like two cockroaches).
Please never threaten anyone with a gun unless you intend to shoot them. I'm glad you were not hurt or killed.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,134,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please never threaten anyone with a gun unless you intend to shoot them. I'm glad you were not hurt or killed.
Threatening and warning shots get you thrown in prison...

Sigh...

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,227,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Threatening and warning shots get you thrown in prison...

Sigh...
One of the better possible outcomes...

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,134,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
One of the better possible outcomes...
Better than what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies