Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

This woman shot an intruder 5 times out of the 6 bullets that her .38 revolver held and all in the face, head and neck. At any rate, he was in her house without permission and refused to back off when he saw the gun.

Georgia Woman Protects Her Children By Shooting Intruder in the Face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
This is exactly why we have the right to defend our families and homes.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Well, I would certainly be happy if an intruder came into our home and my spouse had to shoot them up with a revolver - almost as happy as I would be if I got to do it myself. It would certainly be an occasion for joy for anyone (except the intruder). Too bad more people don't get a chance to brighten up their lives like that.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This woman shot an intruder 5 times out of the 6 bullets that her .38 revolver held and all in the face, head and neck. At any rate, he was in her house without permission and refused to back off when he saw the gun.

Georgia Woman Protects Her Children By Shooting Intruder in the Face
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?

Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
So now folks who break into your home with a crowbar have to threaten you first with a weapon in order to defend yourself? Or I'm guessing she should have just called 911 and taken her beating until the cops arrived. Amazing.

Last edited by KUchief25; 01-05-2013 at 11:14 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So no you have to threaten folks who break into your home with a crowbar in order to defend yourself? Or I'm guessing she should have just called 911 and taken her beating until the cops arrived. Amazing.
Are we reading something different because I read nothing about a crowbar in the link. In fact, I am asking what weapon he used for him to be shot so many times

Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
Just to make sure she got him I guess.
Seriously though, when you have that much adrenaline going through you I would imagine that you would just keep shooting until the bastard went down; at least I know that's how I'd react.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
Still don't see where an automatic rifle would have helped which is still the argument, these stories are continuously brought up to try to make the lefts views extreme. Only a very small percentage of the population believes all guns should be banned.

On another note people that use revolvers for self defense are only making it harder on themselves, a real country boy like myself uses a pump action shotgun.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 PM

592 posts, read 502,477 times
Does this have anything to do with the gun debate? I am a gun owner, but I would not mind sensible laws to restrict assault weapons, background checks etc

Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,509 times
Default Look at the facts again

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He did not just rob the house...Apparently he had something else in mind. He searched the place until he found the family hiding in a crawl space.

What could he have had in mind?...That he searched for her and her child?

Of course she shot him with everything she had - to make sure he was no longer a threat to them.

And that is why people want to have guns - to protect themselves in their own homes, on a lonely highway, on a dark and barren street...Because there are people out there looking to cause harm and even death to complete strangers, for no other reason than to rob them (and kill the only witnesses), to molest them, or simply to kill them. There are nearly 7 billion people in this world - thus many defective minds. We are not made on robotic assembly lines - so there are quite a few defects in number.

It's unfortunate, but often there are situations that the only option for the innocent victim (or target) of anoother persons deranged mind is to destroy it on the spot.

What about the girl in India that was raped, sodomized and eventually dead at the hands of those 6 deranged minds. Don't you think that her and her friend wish they had a gun at the time? They would cetainly be better off...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies