Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This woman shot an intruder 5 times out of the 6 bullets that her .38 revolver held and all in the face, head and neck. At any rate, he was in her house without permission and refused to back off when he saw the gun.

Georgia Woman Protects Her Children By Shooting Intruder in the Face
She warned him? What kind of a hero is that? Don't you gun lovers shoot first and ask questions later?

What a disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She warned him? What kind of a hero is that? Don't you gun lovers shoot first and ask questions later?

What a disappointment.
You are supposed to shoot first...

Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Someone is in my house illegally.

I shoot the person.

They deserved it.

I do not have to prove that they were a danger....they were in MY home uninvited. Why else would they be there other than to commit a crime?
That depends on your state

If you shoot them in the back you go to prison in many states.

If they are running away you go to prison.

Generally you can shoot to protect life and not property. Depends on the state.

But go ahead and go to prison if you wish. Shrug..

Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
You don't think breaking into the house is enough of a threat? A man doesn't need to have a weapon to justify a woman shooting him. How else do you think she is going to stop him from attacking, even with bare hands?

Why 5 times? Because the real world isn't Hollywood. People don't go flying back 10 feet when they get shot, they don't fall down and die instantly, in fact they often don't react to being shot at all. Do you know how long it takes to pull the trigger 5 times? I can do it in about 1.5 seconds, even with a double action revolver.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This woman shot an intruder 5 times out of the 6 bullets that her .38 revolver held and all in the face, head and neck. At any rate, he was in her house without permission and refused to back off when he saw the gun.

Georgia Woman Protects Her Children By Shooting Intruder in the Face
Once you pick up a crow bar and break into a home, you're in the WRONG. You are accepting what ever consequences you find inside. But, what baffles me is how can you put 5 shots into the head and neck, and not kill the intruder???????

I'd like to shake her hand, but mine isn't long enough to reach that far.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Out here in the Rocky Mountain West, a gal's best friend is her shotgun! Even a liberal has to defend herself - especially out here with all those conservative cattlemen and ranchers around. But an assault weapon is overkill in more ways than one. It seems fair enough to me that we keep our rifles and shotguns and get rid of the Bushmasters.
There is no such thing as overkill when defending yourself.

How generous of you to think YOUR guns are fine but what OTHER people shoot should be banned. How very progressive of you.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

What a disappointment.
The disappointment is you are making the criminal the victim....

Lets see....coddle, coddle, coddle......a complete disappointment and completely pathetic.....but completely representative of people like you...

Coddle, coddle coddle.....

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
There are some amazing posts
Just bek he did a home invasion was no reason to shoot him???

Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Uhuh... that's brandishing and they'll say you weren't actually in danger.

If someone breaks in they immediately get all 12 rounds from my gun.

The only asking will be me asking 911 to send the cops and ambulance to remove the body.
No it isn't. Drawing and pointing a firearm in self defense is not brandishing. You aren't required to shoot someone who is threatening you. Do you think the police shoot someone every time they draw their weapon? 90% of the time a firearm is used by someone to defend themselves it isn't fired.

Warning shots will almost always get you in trouble not shooting someone who is threatening you won't, as long as you legally own the gun.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Um, when you're a burglar you go around opening closets and checking in drawers for valuables. This is typically how you find stuff you want. It is highly unlikely he was searching for people to kill when he opened that closet door. Reports don't even indicate that he had a gun or knife. Was he going to crowbar any occupants to death when any one of them could easily have a much more deadlier or bigger weapon?

Anyone who is worried about intruders or having their home broken into should simply invest in better locks, larger strike plates, surveillance cameras, shatter resistant film on windows, alarms, or just a simple sticker you can put on your window that says, "alarm" on it. If someone breaks into your house while you're at work your alarm can even notify you through your phone. These are all affordable options. Leaving your home unprotected and then purchasing a gun is stupid. You can purchase a gun if you want, but the idea is to keep burglars out of your home, not fight them once they get in because you didn't lock the door.
Quote:

What a disappointment.
How pathetic the liberal left has become in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies