Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That has be proved wrong many many times. Try it yourself and you will see.
Nah, I usually have my .45 handy and that's what I'll use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?

She actually shot 6 times, she just happened to miss with one shot. Right?

Why so many times? Because when your life is on the line, you shoot until the other person ceases to be perceived as a threat.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
That depends on your state
If you shoot them in the back you go to prison in many states.
If they are running away you go to prison.
Generally you can shoot to protect life and not property. Depends on the state.
But go ahead and go to prison if you wish. Shrug..
So after they go down you roll them over and put another six rounds in the chest.
"I was in fear for my life and just kept shooting. I think after I shot him he was spinning around. I was in fear for my life and it's all just a blur...."

Frankly, I have no intention of letting anyone out alive after they've broken in. If I have to chase them around the house and reload twice, they're going down...

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
...Anyone who is worried about intruders or having their home broken into should simply invest in better locks, larger strike plates, surveillance cameras, shatter resistant film on windows, alarms, or just a simple sticker you can put on your window that says, "alarm" on it. If someone breaks into your house while you're at work your alarm can even notify you through your phone. These are all affordable options. Leaving your home unprotected and then purchasing a gun is stupid. You can purchase a gun if you want, but the idea is to keep burglars out of your home, not fight them once they get in because you didn't lock the door.
I have all of that, minus the shatter film on the windows and the surveillance cameras. Who are YOU to tell ME what I need or don't need to defend my home and family?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So after they go down you roll them over and put another six rounds in the chest.
"I was in fear for my life and just kept shooting. I think after I shot him he was spinning around. I was in fear for my life and it's all just a blur...."

Frankly, I have no intention of letting anyone out alive after they've broken in. If I have to chase them around the house and reload twice, they're going down...
Lol.

When you end up in prison don't whine about it then.

And when the DA presents your post to the jury I'll be laughing for days.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The disappointment is you are making the criminal the victim....

Lets see....coddle, coddle, coddle......a complete disappointment and completely pathetic.....but completely representative of people like you...

Coddle, coddle coddle.....
Maybe if she would have reloaded and then pumped 3 more shots into his head and 3 more into his groin she would be a hero.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I have all of that, minus the shatter film on the windows and the surveillance cameras. Who are YOU to tell ME what I need or don't need to defend my home and family?

I have something that is even more efficient in home protection in my absence... A girlfriend with a .357. You think you're takin her stuff and get out alive???

Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have something that is even more efficient in home protection in my absence... A girlfriend with a .357. You think you're takin her stuff and get out alive???

I make sure my wife stays proficient with my 1911 .45ACP, as well. Thinking about adding a shotgun for another home defense option. Higher margin of error for stress firing with 00 buckshot.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This is exactly why we have the right to defend our families and homes.
It's one of the reasons, and it's a very good one.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Nah, I usually have my .45 handy and that's what I'll use.
Again, an AR15 would be far better than your .45 for you and your lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies