Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She could sit there for 10,000 years with a loaded gun and no one would break in again. Random chance.

No way this justifies 300,000,000 guns in this country.

How about if she put in a security system and posted it on all the windows? Seems smarter to have them avoid your house than to wait for them to break in and then "shoot them in the face".

You right wingers are so blood thirsty. The story couldn't have just read "she shot an intruder" No, she SHOT HIM IN THE FACE. Headline really grabs the simple minded.

Why do I need to "justify" my gun ownership? I'm a law abiding citizen and a responsible adult. Why should I need justification to own a firearm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
She could sit there for 10,000 years with a loaded gun and no one would break in again. Random chance.

How about if she put in a security system and posted it on all the windows? Seems smarter to have them avoid your house than to wait for them to break in and then "shoot them in the face".

You right wingers are so blood thirsty. The story couldn't have just read "she shot an intruder" No, she SHOT HIM IN THE FACE. Headline really grabs the simple minded.
Thousands of people will disagree with you....

Why do you ignorant leftist coddle the robber.....he broke the law and you people are actually trying to defend him...I guess she should have just let him in, right.....

Yes, you are right, the story could have simple said what you are saying, but then, let me ask you a question....if the dreaded "black rifle" kills less than 400 yearly, why do you lefties keep spouting off at the mouth that this is used in everything and kills everyone....

Again, you would have rather had the mom and children raped, that would have suited you more that the ILLEGAL PERSON WHO BROKE INTO THE HOUSE, being shot.....

Pathetic....CODDLE CODDLE CODDLE.....................

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Sounds great, it's just too bad that you can't guarantee that to anyone and there's plenty of people who have been robbed more than once. People even get struck by lightening more than once so the entire premise of your post is factually incorrect.

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger;27647254[B
]She could sit there for 10,000 years with a loaded gun and no one would break in again. Random chance.[/b]

It only takes one time for a maniac to murder a whole family. It has happened many times. If you break into my house be prepared to take six rounds in the face. You wimpy gun grabbers are so damn ignorant.

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm not a gun owner either, but I have been following this debate a lot lately, and as a result, have learned a lot.

The term, "assault weapon" is a vaguely defined term, which can be used to describe a lot of weapons. An AR-15, for example, is not a military weapon, but was adapted for the military as the M-16. The AR-15 is a very popoular target shooting rifle (it is not an "assault rifle" nor was it ever intended to be).

The pro gun-ban people would like to ban all guns, but they know they can't do it all at once. Incrimentalism is the way they will do it. Therefore, we should not give them an inch. There are certain weapons that are already illegal to own except by certain specifically licensed people.

I think current laws are sufficient, and I think it is extreme to require long waiting periods for licensing, and unreasonable to require extreme background checks. It should be sufficient to determine that a person has not been convicted for assault, or robery, or any violent crime, and perhaps if there is an arrest record (but no conviction), that further investigation might be warrated. There is a lot we could do without undermining the Second Amendment.
Exactly. Even though the anti gun people "say" they don't want to ban guns, they do. They are seizing on the momentum to first ban assault weapons. In MODERN history, the worst school shooting, Virginia Tech, was done with two handguns. Now when the assault weapons ban comes into place, the next school shooting with handguns will result in the same thing. It will be, "Why do you need a handgun? You don't really need a handgun. Only the police and military do. You can defend yourself with a shotgun." Then the push will be to ban handguns, then shotguns, then even plain old hunting rifles.

And no, I'm not being paranoid. Just look at agencies like Handgun Control, Inc. Their stated goal is to BAN the private ownership of handguns.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Why do I need to "justify" my gun ownership? I'm a law abiding citizen and a responsible adult. Why should I need justification to own a firearm?
You don't, It's just more of that liberal feeling of superiority over people who they feel are below them on any level. They feel as though they have the authority to tell people who does and doesn't need the ability to defend themselves. These people don't understand the meaning or the basis of the United States Constitution, they don't particularly care about the rights we have in this country.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, an AR15 would be far better than your .45 for you and your lady.
Nah, too unwieldy in close quarters. Short (18") pump shotgun is better. Double-ought buck, extended magazine. Or a handgun with a high capacity mag and the proper rounds. Make sure she knows how to use it and practices at least periodically. I insist my wife come to the range with me twice a year. My 6 y.o. will be getting her own .22 for her birthday this summer. Yes, it'll be pink!

I've got 11 AR-types and keep 'em securely locked away. Not what I want to grab when something goes bump in the night and I'm navigating a narrow hallway or stairwell.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
You could sit there for 10,000 years with a loaded gun and no one would come to shoot at your kids again. Mass murder is an extremely rare and random event.

No way this justifies restriction on 300,000,000 guns in this country.

Fixed for you.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
. I insist my wife come to the range with me twice a year.
Which is exactly 200% more training then cops are required to have in most places.

I already trust your wife with a gun more than our local pd.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Or better yet, she had no gun, the robber slapped her up side the head with the crowbar, rapped the girls, then beat them.....that's what you really wanted, right...

This would be a much better story for you and the MSM....
Then the libs would demand that help come immediately! To find what made that poor misunderstood person act out in such a terrible way and see about getting him the help he needs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies