Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
She was hiding with her four CHILDREN after he broke into their home. He then busted into the closet where she was hiding with her children. I wouldn't have blamed her if she'd emptied the gun and RELOADED and continued shooting. The man still wasn't down after five shots.

It's her job to protect her kids. I say let her have what it takes to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are we reading something different because I read nothing about a crowbar in the link. In fact, I am asking what weapon he used for him to be shot so many times
Did we read the same link. He broke into the home using a crowbar. Which can be used as a weapon.

And good for her, having had 2 family members murdered in the privacy of their own home, their sanctuary, i applaud her, are the good guys not suppose to call the police, until they are shot at, or threatened first.

If my 2 family members perhaps had a weapon to denfend themselves, perhaps their outcome would be much different.

One was in process of calling 911 when he was stabbed over and over and over again.

The other shot point blank range in the head, as she got up to go to the bathroom. She never knew what the fudge hit her. He then did not stop at that point, had to take her apart limb by limb. And some of her organs also. After killing her, he decided to go on a joy ride, with her wallet, and money, to eat, nice ha. So if i see no problem with homeowners wanting to protect their home, and their family and their own life, so be it.
It is their right to do so.

I hated people for quite a while after this, did not trust a soul, just family and my belief system, depleted for a long time. Could not understand how this could hapen, too two fine outstanding citizens, who never ever hurt a soul.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
She should have made coffee for him, and said I thought we were friends a zillion times..

Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
She should have made coffee for him, and said I thought we were friends a zillion times..
Maybe held hands and recited mantras.........

Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I wouldn't be waiting too long to find out. She did the right thing, acting before any harm came to her or her two children.

Not everyone can afford to have those security systems put in. They are not free.

Secondly, intruders have been known to disarm those systems.

More secure locks, etc., all those things you mentioned are a good idea, of course. But they do not stop someone who is intent on breaking in, and when they do get in, if you are home, you are in danger. Having a gun is a wise choice, and that is one reason that the Founders sought to protect the right of self-defense in the Second Amendment.
Well, I think you have to ask yourself an important question: why would a common thief be that intent on breaking into your extremely well protected house when the next one is practically wide open? The vast majority of houses don't have secure doors or locks and their windows are not shatter proof. Thieves are not looking for a challenge; they're looking to get in and out as quickly and as easily as possible and then move on to the next house asap. The average burglar is not looking at spending more than 60 seconds on getting in your house. You're dreaming up a scenario that is possible but highly improbable for the common home owner.

As for the cost of the things I mentioned, some are actually quite cheap. The most expensive would be the film and cameras. The cameras are no more than $100-$200 each, and you really only need one or two, and that's only if you decide to use real ones instead of fake. A real one with an intercom is better because you need need to answer the door personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't usually call people morons, but I am having second thought about this one. You can take all of the precautions you want, but when they fail and an intruder gets in, where will you turn, the police? It takes the police an average of 20 mins to arrive, what do you do in the mean time, things don't always go by the book.
It's a good thing you did have second thoughts because it would simply indicate what a complete buffoon you are. I'm not against owning a gun! Read my post again. If you have low reading comprehension, which I suspect, then don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You can put all of that stuff on your house and even I could still be in it in two minuets..
Yeah, I highly doubt it. The fact that it would take you two minutes means you're not very good to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I think this wins for the most uninformed post.

Seriously, better locks?

If someone is intent on breaking in, I don't care what kind of locks you have. They'll break a window instead.

For the price of the things you are suggesting, getting a gun is more economical. Besides, most people have a lot of those things anyway. The gun is the last resort.

Breaking in to someone's home is violent in and of itself. It's the one place you are always supposed to feel safety and comfort. Sorry but you want what I have? Get a job and go get it. Do not however think you're going to come in here and threaten my and my family's security to take what is ours without a fight. That includes our right to feel safe in our home. You're not taking that either.
I agree the gun is the last resort. The only people who use them as the first resort are people too stupid to secure their home in the first place. How are you going to use that gun when you're not at home?

You can't break through a window with a shatter resistant coating. Duh, I already included that in my list of preventative measures.

The vast majority of people don't even have alarms much less all the things I mentioned. Most people don't even know they exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
'Um"... does starting a sentence with these idiotic two letters suppose to be a calling card for an "intellectual"...To me it's a hint of a 10 year old's trying to act grown up. Or an egotistical empty shirt.

Maybe you can help me out here...Is this how you learned to write in school....starting a sentence with "Um"....It's not a word, and right away people lose respect for those that use it.

So, tell me....What are you trying to say with "Um"?

As for your post...it makes no sense relevant to the facts. The guy invaded a home, with a woman and child in it, and he looked for them....So, the woman ended the stalking.

Do you have any facts on what he was looking for in the house?....A hidden treasure?

A real robber looks to take something of value and get out.

As far as putting better locks on the house....The guy had a crowbar!!!

So, in your brilliant mind, we should lock ourselves in steel door fortresses just to protect the rights of law breakers.

Fantastic!!...What a brilliant concept of life!

Um, perhaps he was going through closets because he didn't find anything valuable? For the record, that's me mocking you, in case you didn't know. I don't know, call me crazy but not all thieves take the first thing they see when they obviously have the run of the house. I know, shocking isn't it? Thieves can stay in a house for 10-20 minutes, going through drawers, and yes, closets too! Smash and grabs only occur when there's an alarm and they need to be quick about it. Could the robber have been looking for the occupants in a closet so that he can kill them and eat their livers? Certainly. Is this probable? Highly unlikely.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Did we read the same link. He broke into the home using a crowbar. Which can be used as a weapon.

And good for her, having had 2 family members murdered in the privacy of their own home, their sanctuary, i applaud her, are the good guys not suppose to call the police, until they are shot at, or threatened first.

If my 2 family members perhaps had a weapon to denfend themselves, perhaps their outcome would be much different.

One was in process of calling 911 when he was stabbed over and over and over again.

The other shot point blank range in the head, as she got up to go to the bathroom. She never knew what the fudge hit her. He then did not stop at that point, had to take her apart limb by limb. And some of her organs also. After killing her, he decided to go on a joy ride, with her wallet, and money, to eat, nice ha. So if i see no problem with homeowners wanting to protect their home, and their family and their own life, so be it.
It is their right to do so.

I hated people for quite a while after this, did not trust a soul, just family and my belief system, depleted for a long time. Could not understand how this could hapen, too two fine outstanding citizens, who never ever hurt a soul.
Was this a burglary or premeditated murder? Because it sounds much more like the latter than the former. How precisely did the killer get in to begin with?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Could the robber have been looking for the occupants in a closet so that he can kill them and eat their livers? Certainly. Is this probable? Highly unlikely.
Does it matter?

As soon as the robber entered the house he put his life in mortal danger.

As soon as he opened that closet door he sealed his fate.

Maybe he thought the house was empty or maybe he was there to have Thai way with the children. Doesn't really matter.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
I agree the gun is the last resort. The only people who use them as the first resort are people too stupid to secure their home in the first place. How are you going to use that gun when you're not at home?

You can't break through a window with a shatter resistant coating. Duh, I already included that in my list of preventative measures.

The vast majority of people don't even have alarms much less all the things I mentioned. Most people don't even know they exist.
This guy didn't go through a window, he used a crowbar to pry open a door. Shatter resistant coating (which isn't perfect by any means) wouldn't have done anything to stop this guy... neither would cameras. Unless you retrofit your home for this kind of stuff or build it from the ground up with steel casing doors and stuff like that your home entry doors are nothing against a crowbar and a swift kick.

Can you answer these simple questions for me? The guy that broke into this home has a lengthy criminal history and had been arrested numerous times before for B&E... what's wrong with this lady shooting him? What is wrong with this guy getting shot because of the crime he committed? Had he not been shot by this woman do you think he would have stopped or do you believe he might have broken into another home or 2 that day?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Was this a burglary or premeditated murder? Because it sounds much more like the latter than the former. How precisely did the killer get in to begin with?
This is something i try to forget, and not want to hash over in my head. It took me years literally to get over this. I was a very pissed and non trusting person of everyone except family.

They were both break ins. How they got in 2 different cases, i don't want to know.

With the male, someone was already in the home, he never knew it.

I hate thinking about this, because i go back, to that violence and relive this again, and i hate that.

Bad guys, are going to fudgin always have guns, no matter what, so should citizens have this same right.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You can put all of that stuff on your house and even I could still be in it in two minuets..

Which is exactly why I need a firearm for home defense. Locks just keep honest people honest. If someone breaks-in when no one is home, fine. It's just stuff - take it. When we *are* home, the alarm just serves as a warning so that my wife and I can prepare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies