Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Fear that gun will turn a normal, sane, rational person into a homicidal maniac?

Ebil corporations are out to rob the poor and destroy the planet.

If we don't tax the rich, children will be dying in the streets.

Der coming for yer birf control.

They gon' put ya'll back in chains.

It seems to me liberals are the only ones with an irrational fear. Fear of what? Freedom? Themselves?
So, let me ask you this. I am a home owner. I own a business, pay taxes, and regularly give to charity. My boy friend works in an office while going to college for an accounting degree.

Why is it a bad thing that we want to get married and adopt orphaned children? Why are you guys trying to ban us from ever getting married or adopting kids who are homeless? Are you conservatives going to adopt them if you don't allow us to adopt them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Are liberals not driven purely by fear?
No.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while there are people on both sides of the spectrum, and in the middle as well, who are driven by fear, its more likely that these people are driven to control others. for instance i am a conservative, and yet just about everything in the last two posts i consider pure rubbish.
True - and liberals are the ones who want to control others.

As a libertarian conservative - I want as small a government as there can be - which is the total opposite of the liberal dream of a government that has an indefinite reach.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You forgot fear or a job, fear of responsibility and fear of a hard days work.
How utterly absurd.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True - and liberals are the ones who want to control others.

As a libertarian conservative - I want as small a government as there can be - which is the total opposite of the liberal dream of a government that has an indefinite reach.
How as a liberal do I want to control you? If you get a woman pregnant and she wants an abortion, I'm not going to tell you that you don't have the right to some say so in the matter since you're 50% of the problem.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Actually what liberals are afraid of is facing the world outside without government to hold their hand. They are afraid of accepting responsibility and want to "use" the collective to provide them their security from failure. It's a matter of insecurity that drives them. They have no concept of self reliance..

Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How as a liberal do I want to control you? If you get a woman pregnant and she wants an abortion, I'm not going to tell you that you don't have the right to some say so in the matter since you're 50% of the problem.
No woman who I would impregnate would ever want an abortion.

The decision to bring a child into the world would have already be made by the time that we removed our clothes.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No woman who I would impregnate would ever want an abortion.

The decision to bring a child into the world would have already be made by the time that we removed our clothes.
How could you possible know that? Another wacky delusional statement.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not wacky at all.. Perhaps he is selective on the kind of woman who he is with and selective as to her feelings on abortion...

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I know it because I have turned down sexual propositions from women to whom I was not married.

I have not yet married - which is why I am a virgin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies