Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...GPmcPM#at=1001

Always enjoy listening to Dr Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Dr. Paul is a con man and a fraud, parroting a dangerous ideology that dupes all his followers. I got off that train a while ago after seeing through him

Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Dr. Paul is a con man and a fraud, parroting a dangerous ideology that dupes all his followers. I got off that train a while ago after seeing through him
Why? Because he really believes in anarchy and destroying the Federal Reserve?

Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:
Yep, he believes in the Constitution, Bill of rights, and other documents that the rest of the politians have worked hard to ignore many years ago. What a huge dupe!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Exactly. You can't trust "the market" to regulate itself, and destroying the Federal Reserve would damage this country beyond belief

Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Yep, he believes in the Constitution, Bill of rights, and other documents that the rest of the politians have worked hard to ignore many years ago. What a huge dupe!
Except the parts that he doesn't like. Like the general welfare clause, interstate commerce clause, 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 16th Amendment, 17th Amendment, etc. He won't come out and say it, but he is implicit in his dislikes for the preceding amendments based on his "states' rights" argument he and his followers make. Sorry, they're all constitutional. I know Libertarians would love to adopt the CSA constitution or the Articles of Confederation, but not gonna happen

Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
We see who the con men and frauds and brainwashed are here.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
We see who the con men and frauds and brainwashed are here.
Me, brainwashed? Nope, I don't put stock into one man or any ideology except the American ideology from the "good old days" that the Right loves to talk about so much, which coincidentally coincides with the New Deal and Great Society eras

Since you know Paul so much and he's such a constitutionalist, what are his positions on US sovereignty?

Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 PM

657 posts, read 695,963 times
Quote:
He's not a ghost, you have him confused with someone else. He hasn't even died yet...

The man has never said he is a good man. But he was a doctor who delivered hundreds of babies, including of all races. He could have probably lived an easy life with all the money he earned as doctor, but chose to be in washington. Many times he's one of the only conservatives showing up to vote. You know how it works right, people show up to vote for topics that benefit them. For instance if spending is bad for me and if i support more spending, i dont show up. Which is somewhat like half vote,

Paul does not support spending and has the votes to prove it. Go see yourself and come back with one example of how he has lied. He is a libertarian at heart and support everyone's rights. He knows social issues are not for the fed to discuss.

He supports a gold standard, removing the fed.. both of which are good for the common man.

Yup, you are right...paul does look like a monster....

Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
He's not a ghost, you have him confused with someone else. He hasn't even died yet...

The man has never said he is a good man. But he was a doctor who delivered hundreds of babies, including of all races. He could have probably lived an easy life with all the money he earned as doctor, but chose to be in washington. Many times he's one of the only conservatives showing up to vote. You know how it works right, people show up to vote for topics that benefit them. For instance if spending is bad for me and if i support more spending, i dont show up. Which is somewhat like half vote,

Paul does not support spending and has the votes to prove it. Go see yourself and come back with one example of how he has lied. He is a libertarian at heart and support everyone's rights. He knows social issues are not for the fed to discuss.

He supports a gold standard, removing the fed.. both of which are good for the common man.

Yup, you are right...paul does look like a monster....
Why do I care if someone delivered hundreds of babies, particularly one who has delivered all races? That doesn't matter to me. But, he did sign off on racist newsletters though, maybe that matters to you since you brought up race?

Paul definitely supports spending. He had a bad habit of introducing pork barrel spending to bills that had nothing to do with his pet projects, then later voting against the bill and later claiming he never voted for pork barrel spending. He also voted for the Afghanistan war (before he was against it, of course) and he was part of 9/11 Truth (before making fun of them and outright denying the government did 9/11 in 2008 and again in 2012).

Does he supports everyone's rights? And what of the poor? He certainly doesn't support their rights to life, liberty, or happiness. He supports sending them to the grave from starvation and homelessness.

A gold standard is the death knell for any country. It would seriously cause hyperdeflation and kill many millions in the process. Every American that any kind of debt now would see the value of their debt rise by no less than 1000% while their incomes crash by that amount. Much easier to pay a $200,000 mortgage when making $70,000 a year as opposed to paying off a $200,000 mortgage making $2000 a year. Debts do not change, they stay the same. If you remove the Federal Reserve, that will allow the banks to run with impunity, and the government can no longer borrow money, which is a constitutional provision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies