Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well you and your ilk don't want to support the handicapped either. So why not put them down?

Here are the 17 members of congress that voted against the ADA amendments recently.

Paul Broun (GA)
John Capmbell (CA)
John Doolittle (CA)
John Duncan (TN)
Jeff Flake (AZ)
Scott Garrett (NJ)
Louie Gohmert (TX)
Jeb Hensarling (TX)
Jack Kingston (GA)
John Linder (GA)
Kenny Marchant (TX)
Ron Paul (TX)
Ted Poe (TX)
Tom Price (GA)
Tom Tancredo (CO)
Dave Weldon (FL)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA)

All are extreme right wingers like yourself.

LOL calling Ron Paul an extreme right winger loses all your credibility.No special rights for ANYONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well you and your ilk don't want to support the handicapped either. So why not put them down?

Here are the 17 members of congress that voted against the ADA amendments recently.

Paul Broun (GA)
John Capmbell (CA)
John Doolittle (CA)
John Duncan (TN)
Jeff Flake (AZ)
Scott Garrett (NJ)
Louie Gohmert (TX)
Jeb Hensarling (TX)
Jack Kingston (GA)
John Linder (GA)
Kenny Marchant (TX)
Ron Paul (TX)
Ted Poe (TX)
Tom Price (GA)
Tom Tancredo (CO)
Dave Weldon (FL)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA)

All are extreme right wingers like yourself.

My business serves the handicapped.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
The kicker in this article is the last line, and I quote:

Quote:
Belgian lawmakers are considering a law that would extend euthanasia to dementia patients and children, whose families and doctors consented.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM

What's wrong with that?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
What's wrong with that?
Do you want your children to make the decision to "put you down" when they get tired of your elderly addle brained ways? With "dementia" comes a wide range of definitions. For instance, my mother in law is in the early stages of dementia. She absolutely could not live alone, and relies on her husband and my husband and me to help her. If she outlives her husband, caring for her will be solely our responsibility - and this could be tomorrow for all we know.

She is suffering from dementia, but she is also in otherwise good health. She is not distraught, but she often doesn't remember what day it is, or what time it is, or what she did this morning, or what the plan is for this afternoon.

Does she not deserve to be protected and taken care of in her old age?

As for children, children have amazing abilities to heal, to be resilient - often they amaze their loved ones and medical professionals with their recoveries after a grim prognosis.

I think that euthanasia can be a very slippery slope. And of course, people always use the worst case scenarios to "prove their point." But often bad law is made as a kneejerk reaction to worst case scenarios.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM

I would want them to yes. I would not want to live that way.I get your point though.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
That's what they wanted AV8n. I support their decision.
Really? Mostly I hear conservatives screaming about the 'death panels'.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you want your children to make the decision to "put you down" when they get tired of your elderly addle brained ways? With "dementia" comes a wide range of definitions. For instance, my mother in law is in the early stages of dementia. She absolutely could not live alone, and relies on her husband and my husband and me to help her. If she outlives her husband, caring for her will be solely our responsibility - and this could be tomorrow for all we know.

She is suffering from dementia, but she is also in otherwise good health. She is not distraught, but she often doesn't remember what day it is, or what time it is, or what she did this morning, or what the plan is for this afternoon.

Does she not deserve to be protected and taken care of in her old age?

As for children, children have amazing abilities to heal, to be resilient - often they amaze their loved ones and medical professionals with their recoveries after a grim prognosis.

I think that euthanasia can be a very slippery slope. And of course, people always use the worst case scenarios to "prove their point." But often bad law is made as a kneejerk reaction to worst case scenarios.
I agree - it IS a slippery slope and could easily be abused.

BUT, when I no longer know my name or yours and require diapers - give me the shot please. There are things worse than death; namely, suffering.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Default Awwww

Quote:
Deaf Twins Going Blind Euthanized - Yahoo! News

Wish the US was more sane when it came to things like this. But nope we just imprison people who help the ill and dying die at their own request.

I'm glad they got to die at their own request and not when the government or nature permits you to

Old 01-14-2013, 03:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
I'm all for voluntary euthanasia, as in this case. It doesn't matter why they want to die, it's their life, their decision. If one goes deaf and wants to be euthanized, let them be. That another person would be deaf and want to live has no bearing on the other person. Each person is an individual. To die with dignity should be an option here. One shouldn't have to blow their brains out, or o.d., or jump in front of train, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies