Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Your post is terrible. Liberals have negative feelings towards blacks; they support affirmative action, telling blacks that they can't get ahead on merit, so they need special attention. Liberals are against voter id, telling blacks that they are too lazy/stupid, etc. to get an id. Liberals think that blacks are not capable of overcoming obstacles, so they need government programs. Liberals are the real racists.
His post was spot on - and I've said much the same thing previously in this thread. There's a reason why, despite the fact that he couldn't find Libya on a map and his only real proposal was a radical change to the federal tax plan, Herman Cain is now a contributor at Fox News. There's a reason why Jesse Lee Peterson appears on Hannity, and why CL Bryant is selling his "Runaway Slave" movie. Talking about how most black people are "brainwashed", or calling them plantation slaves, is a lucrative sell to republicans.

But don't think that they're trying to attract black voters any more than Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly are. They're lining their pockets.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Of course there's still racism, but it's so trivial these days, it's almost inconsequential. There will always be the David Dukes, Louis Farrakhans and Reverend Wrights of the world, but the key is to not let it get to you, in fact, mock it. Mock the ignorant fools and marginalize them. Virtually every Fortune 5oo company in America has diverstiy programs designed to fast track minorities into management positions.
The problem with your train of thought that you share with many black conservatives is you think you can leave blacks alone and blacks would fend and build for themselves but that's not the case. What you don't see is that their's no real "black America" that's just codename for conservative and liberal talking points, it's a bunch of blacks that live in the hood but who are the business owners in the hood? Not blacks...

Honestly, we own very little.. this is the first part wrong with your mentality, if we have to fight for ourselves we're gonna die since we have no home base or headquarters to come back to.

The second is the fact that we Americans as just about anyone has a preference, from who you're attracted too, your friends and whatever it may be. While you might have that bootstraps mentality, blacks without black businesses combined with a negative stereotype following you around all day doesn't equal good odds and honestly, a white man prefering to hire a white guy over a black doesn't mean he's racist, it means he just prefers to be around his own kind and I'm like that as well. I get alone better with my people.

So under this republican "leave us alone and make blacks fend for themselves" umbrella... what do you think will happen? Put 2 and 2 together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The whole game of many black conservatives is that they aren't speaking to black people. They are speaking to a group of people who have fairly negative feelings about black people in general.

So, by insulting black people, they send the single that they are one of them.

Nothing more is going on.
Exactly, they're giving off the holier than thou mentality and whites love it, honestly when conservatives say bleeding heart liberal whites they're mostly white, whites who vote dem are going against their biggest benefit period, this is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The goto line pulled from the "How To Be Black" handbook: If they don't push the victimization koolaid and perpetual agenda of guilt, they are Uncle Toms.

Saying that "You don't pay much attention to Uncle Toms" confirms everything I thought about you.

The 60s are calling and they want thier black power bumper stickers back.

WOW!

Dems live on the racism platform. Even if there were no racism to speak of, they'd make sure to construct it. Who's worse, the ones who aren't racists being labeled as racists, or the ones doing the labeling?[/quote]

You don't want to get into the 60's period, that's when it all started to go south and in was done on purpose.

I try not to spend too much time here because honestly, I feel most of you are racist and just have a distain for blacks due to this obsession you guys have, on top of that you guys are very stupid and illiterate when common sense with slavery, civil rights and racism are bought up.

Of course you guys know better but playing dumb is what it's all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_fkb5BpIf0

No one here can refute this but I know someone will tell me to "let it go"

Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
His post was spot on - and I've said much the same thing previously in this thread. There's a reason why, despite the fact that he couldn't find Libya on a map and his only real proposal was a radical change to the federal tax plan, Herman Cain is now a contributor at Fox News. There's a reason why Jesse Lee Peterson appears on Hannity, and why CL Bryant is selling his "Runaway Slave" movie. Talking about how most black people are "brainwashed", or calling them plantation slaves, is a lucrative sell to republicans.

But don't think that they're trying to attract black voters any more than Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly are. They're lining their pockets.
Ben Carson is heading down the same path as well - he's gunning for Hannity's seat. Trolling the tea partiers while making tons of money on Fox News - not a bad retirement gig.

Carson admits trying to enrage Obama, and says Blacks cant think for themselves :

Dr. Carson Tells TheBlaze How Obama Reacted to His Bold Prayer Breakfast Speech: ‘I Figured He Would Just Be Fuming’ | TheBlaze.com

Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
And you believe that the Republican party will do anything to fix any of these problems?
According to these website the Republican solution seems to be take away all the government assistance, remove financial aid for college and let them find jobs to support themselves.

Although it might not be a good idea for Republicans to talk to blacks about jobs given their fondness of the the word "plantation" ...might lead to a horrible misunderstanding.

100% employment

Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If we became students of Malcolm X, we would not have young black men out there killing each other like they're killing each other now. Young black men would not be impregnating young black women at the rate going on now. We'd not have the drugs we have now, or the alcoholism.
That was one of the reasons why he was murdered

Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
[/b]

That is awful and obviously racist.

Wanting people to be self-supporting. Evil Republicans.
Is'nt that like throwing someone who can't swim in the ocean and when they drown and then complain that they did not really want to learn how to swim in the first place?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Seeing that you are a big racist Im not shocked you liked that book. I found it odd that never once does Malcolm X mention the Islamic slave trade in Africa, a black diaspora that began roughly seven centuries before the European-Atlantic slave trade. Slavery was not made illegal on the Arabian Peninsula until 1962 - shortly before Malcolm X's arrival there. I also found it odd Malcolm's ignoring the fact that the Thirteenth Amendment was passed by 100% white US congressmen, and that the abolitionist movement was funded and forwarded almost entirely by whites. To this degree, much of Malcolm's sentiments were bootless raging at the storm and jeremiads against the inevitable vagaries of human nature: How can you declaim against racism when you are racist yourself? You should know.

Well, which is it? Malcolm X was a man who many blacks gave their ears towards and would have been responsible for ending or at least stemming some of the probelms that whites complain about blacks so much you then marginalize him by brining up something that he had no control of

You praise a few Congressmen for doing something that should have been done decades ago but yet you fail to mention the ones that voted for the Jim Crow laws

Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Can you name any other demographic that is insulted by one party as much as the blacks are insulted by the Republicans?
Thats what I don't understand. How can some of these republicans expect blacks to vote for the same people that talks about them like they are less then human? That being said, leaves the one party left for them to vote for If there was a third party that had serious progressive conservative views, the democrats would not have the black vote either.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I read it in high school, based on your posts doesn't sound like it changed your life that much.

THE reason why some Black Men Won't Date Or Marry Black Women - YouTube
I already knew that you would be clueless about Malcolm X

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
That's their hustle, plain and simple. A lot of folks love hearing a black person talk about how most black people are horrible, stupid, and violent, and some folks are willing to say it for fame and money.

Hey, West went to Congress with it, and Cain became the frontrunner in the GOP primary despite obviously knowing nothing relevant to actually being in office. I gotta say, there's something to it.
West should have dishonorably discharged from the military and herman "uncle ruckus" cain was treated like a used condom. They used him to say things about obama that they (white republicans) could not and once he started leading they got rid of him with promises of a radio show.

Quick, name the leading black republican? I'll wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies