Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,858,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you truly care about saving lives, you would start with banning alcohol and private swimming pools.
Don't you think it is pretty pathetic that people need guns here to protect themselves?
In the last month alone over 900 people have been killed by uneeded guns in our society.
I have always said that you cannot get rid of crime or killings but to increase it by having so many guns in circulation is absolutely absurd and moronic.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Your desire to see women less able to defend themselves is duly noted.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,602,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Don't you think it is pretty pathetic that people need guns here to protect themselves?
In the last month alone over 900 people have been killed by uneeded guns in our society.
I have always said that you cannot get rid of crime or killings but to increase it by having so many guns in circulation is absolutely absurd and moronic.
No it is not. This country was founded by guns and we fought off the English with guns. Guns are necessary for a free State.

You aren't going to save the 900 people even we have a 100% gun ban. Please show me a society there's no gun and no murder.

Step out of your denial and face it. There are evil people living in this world. They have no remorse gang-raping 4 years' your daughter and cutting your wife into pieces slowly.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,219,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your desire to see women less able to defend themselves is duly noted.
I just wish TN didn't have such strict gun laws so this women would have been able to buy more guns.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,697,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Another gun grabber that didnt read the story
I don't think of that person as a gun grabber. I think of it as a gun thread troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
We already had this discussion. Your "conclusion" is based on junk science provided by unethical researchers.

Please stop pulling the same stunt over and over again.
Looks like I'm not alone.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok OP did you even read the damn article you posted and watch the video. It was a split second decison and she fought off her attackers with the gun going off several times during the fight. She's beating the crap out of one of the scum bags and the gun is spraying bullets everywhere thats when they took off.

I'd say if she didnt have the gun she probably would have been raped and or killed as well as who know what would have happened to the kids.

OOPS thread fail next time read the article you attach to make your point.
Exactly Bulldogdad;

you got it right. If that gun had not gone off, who knows what her outcome would have been.

Burglars, and those who break into your home, do not plan on anyone being home at the time they break in.

Just ask two of my dead realitives, who are dead, becasue of this reason. People break into your home today, and find you home, they will kill you.

I do say though owning guns for protection myself, having had 2 members of my family murdered in the pricavcy of their own homes. Learn how to shoot, how to properly store the gun, how to clean the gun, and know when it is you need to shoot the gun for your own safety.

Does not do any good to own a gun, if you do not know how to use the gun properly, load the gun, store the gun safely, and clean that gun.

Having had two family members murdered, in their own homes, i am not taking a chance with the life of my loved ones, nor my own life due to scumbags and the junk of society.

Why don't we talk about the past couple of months, with breakins, and the good guys winning the battle, talk about that!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM

24,590 posts, read 17,327,951 times
We can train and train but who knows how one will react when the poop hits the fan? It sounds like there was a desperate and stressful situation here when this lady shot herself but I'm happy that she had the gun to send her attackers running. Sadly today you cannot tell how someone will react when cornered. We have so many addicts that break into peoples houses looking for cash and it is scary to think what they are capable of under the influence.
I'd rather brandish a gun and be ready to use then to cower and pray that some dope head doesn't beat me and leave me for dead.
The title of this thread was deceptive but there is the media twisting things up for sensationalism.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
Wow... liberals blame the victim... how idiotic...

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,155,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Normal people see the connection between buying a gun and the end result being that gun hurting someone in your household.
Please, define "normal people" for us.

Half of all households in this country have a gun in them. What could be more "normal" that a voluntary act that half of the country participates in?

Tell me - do unicorns poop gold bricks in your reality? That would be pretty cool.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,800,412 times
(oops, duplicate post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies