Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,174,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its pretty simple.

Do you think the Taliban are for personal liberty? The answer is definitely NO.

And Tea Party = American Taliban.

So no, Tea Party is not for personal liberty unless its somehow intertwined with establishing Christian Sharia Law in America.
Nominated for possibly THE stupidest post on all of CD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,968,114 times
I need to clarify. The highest status "pot head" that I know is a pizza driver. I am sure that many people that I know are occasional users. I was until I decided that it was detrimental to me a few years ago. I agree that moderation is key. I guess my point is that there are few people that I know that use only in moderation. I think marijuana should be legal. But I also think that it's regular use is more harmful than some will admit. Same as alcohol.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I need to clarify. The highest status "pot head" that I know is a pizza driver. I am sure that many people that I know are occasional users. I was until I decided that it was detrimental to me a few years ago. I agree that moderation is key. I guess my point is that there are few people that I know that use only in moderation. I think marijuana should be legal. But I also think that it's regular use is more harmful than some will admit. Same as alcohol.
What constitutes a "pot head"? Is it someone who sits on the couch with their bong playing video games all day? Or someone who comes home from work and smokes a blunt? Is a doober a day smoker a pot head? Because I know an interior designer, a nuclear physicist, an engineer, a construction manager, an artist and many others who earn big bucks and regularly partake in weed instead of alcohol.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:57 AM

20 posts, read 13,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
What constitutes a "pot head"? Is it someone who sits on the couch with their bong playing video games all day? Or someone who comes home from work and smokes a blunt? Is a doober a day smoker a pot head? Because I know an interior designer, a nuclear physicist, an engineer, a construction manager, an artist and many others who earn big bucks and regularly partake in weed instead of alcohol.
Yes they are all potheads.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
Yes they are all potheads.
LOL! Well, I'd rather be a pothead with a healthy liver than an alcoholic, lush, drunken bum.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
LOL! Well, I'd rather be a pothead with a healthy liver than an alcoholic, lush, drunken bum.
Well ok, I guess if those are the only options...

Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,599,381 times
every thug every dope addict every hooker when they are cuffed and put in the back of the black and white, as this question, why are u so against personal liberty.??

Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
Well ok, I guess if those are the only options...
No one said those are "the only options". Is anyone forcing people to drink or smoke weed? Uh, I don't think so. But if someone wants to, then they should be allowed to. How many people have been killed by someone under the influence of pot vs. DWIs?

CDC - Impaired Driving Facts - Motor Vehicle Safety - Injury Center

Note that the 18% for marijuana also includes cocaine and alcohol, not just marijuana alone. But of course, that IS a .gov website.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,058,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
We have many threads on this topic, so I think we should refrain from discussing it here, but there are ways to prove it. Not only do they have special field sobriety tests JUST for marijuana (can't fake how your pupils react, can you?), but any good cop knows - and their testimony will stand in court. Some cops don't care, but they do know and will be believed over the driver.
A "good cop" saying he knew a guy was high will not stand up in court. If that were the case there wouldn't be breathalyzers. Pupils reacting is probably cause to administer the breathalyzer not proof that somebody is drunk or high.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No one said those are "the only options". Is anyone forcing people to drink or smoke weed? Uh, I don't think so. But if someone wants to, then they should be allowed to. How many people have been killed by someone under the influence of pot vs. DWIs?

CDC - Impaired Driving Facts - Motor Vehicle Safety - Injury Center

Note that the 18% for marijuana also includes cocaine and alcohol, not just marijuana alone. But of course, that IS a .gov website.
People that smoke weed regularly are potheads, and only differ from the drunks in their resulting behavior. Both are worthless until the immediate effects wear off, and both will experience long term effects from the drug use.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't care if you sat in a room with your bottle and bong all day. But the reality is these people hit the road and endanger all of us. Legalize weed and watch those numbers rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies